So...what to do when you're told "If you breed snakes this season, I'm leaving you?" - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #61
sagespyder@yahoo.com
i have 2 stories from my experiences with guys and my breeding. one is not important but was an eye opener.

I was very open with my ex about wanting to breed. he knew that i had at that point 5 snakes and was looking to get more, mates. I had a het pied ball python, striped albino cali king, black mexican king, albino corn, and an apricot albino milk. I wanted mates for all of them and since we had to drive about half an hour one way to get mice for them we decided that he would let me breed mice. He got pissed one day and put them outside on the balcony while i was at work. i had a long day, cooked and we had gone to sleep. when i got up to feed the snakes i couldn't find the mice. he told me he put them outside. We lived in MN. When i got there they were all frozen! the mothers, the dad, and all the pinkies and fuzzies. I told him we had to go and buy feeders that day because of it. Mind you he was in school but was getting unemployment for being in the navy, he had just gotten out. his bills were paid and i was working to help pay bills and cover the costs of having the snakes and my pacman frog. we always fought but it was never about money. it seems it was about control. He told me that the house stunk because of them and i had to sell them all. I refused and i moved back to cali. i kept all my snakes except for the milk and the black mexican king. I had my own place and got even more. I had a mate for my het pied male and a mate for my albino king. I even got some redtails. he came to visit but refused to stay at my place because of my snakes and my dog, it was a red nose pit. He said i had no right to have a pit because he had a bishon. LOL.. i laughed at that.. he had a bishon puppy but his gf had a pit bull. we broke up shortly after that.

That sucked.. he made no commitments to me and the minor ones we agreed on like going out for our anniversary he would cancel and change plans with his cousin.

Not too long after my ex broke up with me i had a party and at that party i met my husband. We lived together and i was getting him into reptiles. he is not a big snake person but he loves bearded dragons. however firestorm came around and i had to quickly house everyone. My snakes were given back to the pet store that i bought them from and also where i worked as their breeder. my dog was lost during firestorm. eventually my husband my joined the navy and we live here in GA. now he is helping support me in breeding bearded dragons. he is my financial backer and pays for everything. well, he has the money and I pay for everything. that is i take out the money and pay bills and rent while he is at work and buy food and stuff without him having to worry about it. Before i buy any more dragons or buy large amounts of food i talk to him about it first and show him where our finances are before hand to make sure that everything will be covered before i go and buy this or that. It sort of makes it harder to get his input now since he is out to sea because there are times when he cannot reply, like now. so i still sit down and write everything out and tell him before i do or say anything. that way he at least knows before i buy it even if he can't write me and tell me no.. LOL!! But he understands that this is my passion and i write everything out financially before i go and buy another bearded dragon.

We are not hurting for money but if we were the dragons would be the first to go. Our cats will be next. i would be selling the dreamcatchers and jewelry that i make for fun. But we aren't. I took steps to ensure that we had more money coming in than going out if we were to start this.

If it is a money thing i think you 2 should sit down and talk everything out and write everything down to show how much is spent and how much is earned. you should also write one out for yourself of your own finances. If he really needs a new car than he doesn't really need the gaming consoles and i am sure you may be able to slim down your breeding groups a little bit to help with that.

Take everything into consideration and let us know how things are going. take care now.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #62
g.spencer
Dump the chump.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #63
snakechaarmer
Why you gotta be so mean?

And cruel, and cowardly, and horrible, and selfish, and awful, and one of the most deluded f*cked up people I've ever met?

I don't know. I am so ashamed and hurt by the person that my now has become. It's truly unbelievable, It absolutely blows my mind. It hurts like f*g hell and I swear to god It's never hurt this bad.

After posting this thread last fall, things were genuinely better for a few months. I was genuinely happy, and I believed he was too. I thought we were working together more, acting more like partners. He even mentioned wanting a joint checking account and putting both our names on things. As I stated, we still had financial problems. He flat out refused to try for a better job, and things kept going wrong. I had a whole huge ordeal going on, and I still do, with my homeowners insurance. They came out and lied and tried to say my roof was collapsing, which was total BS. So I had told him that we would need repair/inspection soon and with other expenses with my medical issues flaring up with my back, I just didn't have extra money. Thus trying to sell half my snakes and getting nowhere.

Soo..

Okay, so fast forward about 3 months living together. I find out he's not very responsible and is a very forgetful person. Even when he was living in New York, he never paid the bills. All of the bills were in his name, but he just gave cash to his older brother who was responsible for "paying the bills", even though they were supposedly in his name. Apparently that's how he ended up with 12083012983 credit whacks from collection agencies because his brother was really stealing his money and not paying the bills. Anyway, so.. All of the bills are in my name, so if they are paid late, I am the one with the credit whacking and I am the one paying the late fees. I told him this would not fly. SO. He gives me a copy of his debit card to write down to be able to pay the bills, as well as his online banking password. I check it on paydays, to make sure he has enough to pay the bills that are due, and then pay them. That's how I've done it for the past 2.3 years. Periodically, when I would log in, I would see that he had bought fast food 19273198273 times the previous 2 weeks. I would say something about it, because that's not cool. Especially when there's plenty of stuff to take for lunch and we didn't have the money for all the excessive fast food. This happened a few times. The last 6 months it has been better. He also didn't pay his credit card bill on time, so I asked him if he wanted me to pay that for him too, because it was due on the same day. He said sure. So I've been doing that, or reminding him if he happened to be at a computer and I hadn't done it already. I wasn't aware any of this was a bad thing, other than catering to his forgetfulness, but i have always been understanding, as there really isn't much you can do about that.

This all started last Friday. Well kind of. The week before that, he all of the sudden decided he was going to start running/jogging. All he had were skateboard shoes and some old shorts. He kind of made a comment to me that he needed some new shoes and maybe some running shorts soon because running in those shoes wasn't very comfortable and the shorts were falling apart. I told him sure, no problem, let me know when you want to go. HE claims he told me he was going on a certain Friday, and I totally believe he is making it up - those words never came out of his mouth as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, that's really neither here nor there, but apparently it's very important to him because he obviously swears he said he was doing this on his next payday and I just "blocked it out" - whatever. So anyway, He got a $420 dollar check on that payday. We had a $300 bill due. That would have left him about $100 for food/gas for the next two weeks. So what does he do? He goes to Sears or Macy's or Belk or somewhere at the mall, buys shoes and clothes and spends about $75. Without telling me. Not a word, not a "I'm going to the mall", Nothing. Had he told me, had I even KNOWN, had he asked/told/mentioned, ANYTHING, we could have gone to Target, or JC Penney to use my JC Penney Card, anything, but I had no freaking idea.

So anyway, I'm about to pay the bill and I see him come home with the bags from the mall..And I'm like what's going on? He's like "Well I told you I was going to buy shoes and clothes today for running." And I was like "Uh..no, you didn't...and you only got paid $420..Why the heck did you go to the mall? And without telling me? I could've helped you?" You get the idea. I did tell you. No You didn't. Yes I did. x 500.

So then, proceed him completely and utterly losing his mind. "F*you. It's my f*g money. It's my f*g life. I don't have to ask your permission for what I can or can't buy. F*you. I don't have to ask you or tell you anything." Proceed me being extremely confused. I'm really proud to say I did not lose my temper, I didn't cuss right back at him, I didn't scream or yell, I didn't do anything. I just started crying. I said, over and over, "You don't understand, it's not about asking permission, it's about communication. It's about being responsible. You should have talked to me about it. That's what partners do. All this stuff is going on with the roof and you just can't go spend whatever you want to whereever you want." So he says.. "That's your problem. It's your f*g house. It's old. It's going to have problems. YOU should have planned for it. It's not my problem, it's yours." It's..my house..yeah, i know..yeah i know, it's old..but you've lived here since the beginning. That was the plan. It was really ours, it never mattered to me his name wasn't on it. I always thought we were sharing it, sharing life together, sharing responsibilities and all of that. Apparently I was very, very wrong. I should've seen that last fall, when he started to hate the animals. I kept trying to explain you can't just go buy things you want or need that cost that much money, when you don't make hardly anything, when there's bills to be paid and other things going on. You just can't not communicate. "F*k you. You're a f*g control freak b!tch. You're a f*g dominating controlling b!tch." What??? Then he proceeds to scream and yell and tell me how horrible and controlling I am, that he has no life, that all i do is control him, that he's miserable, and mistreated and suffering. I am just literally floored. I have no idea what is wrong with him. Again I reiterate to him, You don't understand! This isn't about control or permission or anything, all of this stuff is going on and we have to work together.

Proceed him screaming, yelling, throwing things, kicking things (boxes), punching things (chair, desk). His face was SO RED and he was SO ANGRY. He scared me. For anyone that is reading this that has ever met him, i know you think this is impossible, that there's no way somebody like him could ever be like this. I know. I never in my wildest dreams would have ever imagined that somebody like him was EVER capable of doing and saying the things that he did and said. It really blew my mind. Nothing was helping. He wouldn't listen to anything I said, he just kept screaming and yelling and being so horrible and mean. Finally, he got up and went outside. I just sat there and cried. I went downstairs about an hour later and I was like What the hell is doing on? Do you think it's okay to do and say what you just did and treat me like that? This is horrible. And then everything started all over again. He said "F*k you. It's over. Find a f*g roommate. F*this, f* you, im f*g leaving."

Well then I leave and I get home Sunday night and I get home and of course he's still there. I think his big brave attempt at saying he was leaving immediately was screwed up because his "BEST FRIENDS FOREVER" at work refused to help him out. So. I said wtf are you still doing here? He says "Well, I think we need to talk" And I'm like..Uh..No, you need to leave. He's like, You don't even want to hear me out? I'm like, sure, but you can pack and talk at the same time. So then he says Well I talked to my mom, and I've decided that I love you, and I want this to work, but there have to be some changes. And I laughed, and I was like yeah, it's very obvious you love me after your horrible behavior 2 days ago.

He's like No. I love you. I just need some independence back. I want to change my back account and get a new credit card, I don't want you accessing my bank account. I want to pay the bills on my own. I was like what? It's been almost 2.5 years and you have NEVER remembered a bill due date. I check your account on paydays, tell you when I pay the Verizon bill, and then I put the electric bill on your desk and mail a check. I have to hound you every month to mail the check. What makes you think all the sudden I can trust you to make these payments when you don't even remember your credit card payments even when I remind you? I'm not taking a risk on you when the accounts are in my name. It's MY credit on the line. He's like, ok, well then I'm leaving. I'm like, ok fine. Then he says but I love you. I want this to work. I'm like you know what? Fine. The second you have a late fee, it's back to me paying it. He's like, ok, well then I'm leaving anyway. you're never getting into my bank account again. And I'm like what the f* is your problem? I never stole money from you I never did anything what the hell is your problem with the bank account? He's like please, i love you, i want it to work, please just work with me. So then he hugs me and pretends NOTHING happened.

Basically, I've always been a very open person in relationships. I have nothing to hide. I don't care if he can access my computer, phone, texts, emails. Whatever. I feel if you're in love, if you're hiding things, there's something bad going on.

Then, the next day, we are talking, and I ask to see his phone. I wanted to email myself some pictures. So then I said Hey, Did you get my text earlier? As I'm checking his texts to see if my message went through. Lo and behold, every single text message was deleted. I quickly checked the call logs and all the call logs were deleted. I was like..Um..Why are you deleting all your texts and calls? He was like, well I know you read my phone when all that happened in the fall so ever since then I've been deleting everything in my phone so you don't know what's going on in my personal life if you see my phone. I'm like, um, what? What are you hiding in your "personal life" that's so important? I don't hide my phone. I don't care if you read my texts or calls or anything else. I have nothing to hide. Why are you hiding things from me? He says, well I'm not..It's MY personal life and I am NEVER letting you back into my personal life. You have no right to get in my phone or computer or bank account or anything else. I was like wait..what? For almost 2.5 years you've been perfectly open and honest and we've had no secrets, no passwords, no locked computers, you've had access to all my stuff just as I have yours, and all the sudden you've got a secret private life I am not allowed into? He's like, I am getting my independence back. It has nothing to do with you. You have no right into my personal life. What? I am your personal life. I have NO secrets from you. Nothing. I've been down this road. You don't wait 2.5 years and then act this way unless you're cheating, doing drugs, or something else you're not supposed to. He says, well I am not doing ANYTHING. But you have no right to know anything I don't tell you. I need secrecy and privacy. I was like Wtf wtf wtf. I've been down this road before. Not cool. I can't deal with this. You know I have trust problems, My life is COMPLETELY open to you, I have no secrets, and I am not okay with you all the sudden shutting me out of yours. Ask anybody on the street, if a guy starts doing what you've done, they're hiding something. So he says, I've got nothing to hide, but you're not ever getting into my personal life again. I said well, that's fine. I won't be in your personal life. This relationship is pointless with endless secrets and you dont take 200 steps back after 2.5 years. I think you need to move out. He's like fine, I'll leave. But I don't want you to lose your house, and you're still my friend. I'm like, um, no. You are not acting like a friend. You are acting like a self centered child. I am shocked and hurt by your behavior. You need to leave. So then the next day I find out that he's changed his bank account, credit card, ALL online PWs, locked his phone and computer (that I bought him, of course). Then he starts buying cigarettes again.

So, after all this, insert two weeks of pure torture. He continued to say and do absolutely horrible things. I told him he could stay till the 1st out of the kindness of my heart, but I regret that so much. I have literally been in so much physical pain for almost a month now it's ridiculous. I've been so sick my boss almost forced me to go to the ER because I was having one panic attack after another. I told him he could stay but he would be responsible for the 2 bills for the month. He did everything he could to weasel out of paying them...it was unbelievable. Then he sAid he didn't give a sh~t about the computer, clothes, games, food/gas, tickets to TX, trips to MN, Daytona, etc I bought and helped him with over the last almost 3 years. None of that meant anything to him and none of it made him happy. He said it was all "worthless trinkets" and meant nothing. I was so broken hearted. I never expected repayment. All I expected was love, and respect, and a friend and a partner. I gave willingly because I loved him. That always seem to be my downfall. So I started crying and went upstairs and went to bed. I'm sure I said some mean things I don't remember because I was incredibly angry and hurt.

So, meanwhile, He has destroyed my relationship with his parents and family with his lies, as well as my vet's office. I have never felt so alone in my life. He's all I have, had here. That's it. He's got this wonderful new happy life with everything he ever wanted and all his independence and all these amazing friends and this amazing $8 an hour job. It's so awesome.

He left today. He got up and packed, and then Went to Verizon and moved his line off my account. Then he came by the hospital to give me his keys. I was totally caught off guard. I had NO idea. I was totally heartbroken because I didn't know, didn't know what he took or didn't take, didn't get to say goodbye to the animals. He also said he wasn't paying the electric bill. And I said yes you are or I'm taking the phone and the computer. He left a check for me to deposit next pay day. What you wanna bet he cancels it or it bounces, and then I won't have electricity?

I had no idea he was leaving today. Last I had heard he didn't know if he could leave by the 1st. You don't screw over a 2.5 year relationship where you were living together, had mutual purchases, mutual everything, and just up and leave without saying a word. And, He absolutely refuses to tell me where he will live. Like Im going to stalk him? How incredibly immature and cowardly. Then I find out he didn't take one cat. I tell him to come get it and the rest of his stuff because I'm changing the locks. So he shows up. I try my best to maintain some semblance of a closure-like conversation with him. It's pointless. It's like talking to a brick wall.

He has ABSOLUTELY convinced himself that I never loved him, never trusted him, that all i did was control him, that he has never been happy here, he's been miserable, he's suffered, that all he did was what I wanted him to do and all he did was "change himself". That I never accepted him, never respected him, never cared about his opinions. That it was always his fault.

But you know, it doesn't matter that all of that is BS. It doesn't mean anything. It means NOTHING. He is so deluded and he has lied to himself, he has told himself all of these horrible things to make himself sleep better at night for breaking my heart and trying his damndest to destroy my life. He doesn't even remember some of the stuff he says and does, and makes up things that never were said or happened. I'm just a liar, apparently. The only thing he changed was he quit smoking. Big deal, considering he started again a month ago. I tried so hard and it was all pointless. I feel absolutely worthless and alone. And he doesn't care. He screamed and yelled again, and said horrible things. Like he can't leave well enough alone. Like he hasn't hurt me enough. "How can I have used you when I gained nothing from the relationship?" Isn't that an awesome thing to say?

I am so ashamed of him. I am totally sick and heartbroken. He did nothing today but prove once again how meaningless and worthless my existence and love are to him, and always have been. It makes me sick. I hate myself for loving him. I had such high hopes. The person I met was so amazing. It's like that person is dead now. I don't understand how he turned into this horrible, cruel monster. It breaks my heart, and god, it hurts.

I have been trying everything I know how to do to get back on my feet. I've been working nonstop at trying to sell snakes, I've applied for 10 more jobs, I've plastered roommate flyers everywhere I know how on the internet and locally. I've been trying SO hard to find a different car so I'm not spending $500 a month in gas. I literally had 6 sold out from underneath me in the past week, one I called and 20 minutes later i got there and it was gone...that guy was a jerk for doing that anyway... I feel like I'm working as hard as I can but I can't catch a break anywhere. And in the meanwhile it's like the world is going to crap and I know other people are struggling and hurting too. It's just such a sad world when it's so easy to throw love away and hurt other people without remorse. I wish it actually fixed something to sit here and cry about it, but it doesn't.

I'm sorry to ramble on and on. Just felt like I needed to get it out.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #64
FosterHerpetological
In all honestly, there are plenty of better guys out there that will respect you and be more interested in progressing in life.
You could find one that has went to school and has a good job, and probably wont have a problem with your animals.

Im not trying to be mean really, and I understand your love for him, but why date down anyways? When I say that I mean why date a even start dating a guy that has no steady job and not going to school in the first place?

Im really not trying to be mean, I am trying to help. I just think its time for you to move on.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #65
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfconstrictors View Post
In all honestly, there are plenty of better guys out there that will respect you and be more interested in progressing in life.
You could find one that has went to school and has a good job, and probably wont have a problem with your animals.

Im not trying to be mean really, and I understand your love for him, but why date down anyways? When I say that I mean why date a even start dating a guy that has no steady job and not going to school in the first place?

Im really not trying to be mean, I am trying to help. I just think its time for you to move on.
Yeah, you're probably exactly right. But you should read my update post.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #66
FosterHerpetological
Yeah sorry, right after I posted that I read it. The thing I do not understand is, if he really truely loved you, he wouldnt have left. He wouldve stayed and tried to work it out. Ive been dating the same girl for 3+ years and we have our fights. But I never call her derogatory names, nor do I leave. I always stay and we work it out. And things are fine now.
There are many better guys out there, just dont give up.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #67
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfconstrictors View Post
Yeah sorry, right after I posted that I read it. The thing I do not understand is, if he really truely loved you, he wouldnt have left. He wouldve stayed and tried to work it out. .
That is exactly what I said to him, and what I don't understand. This, combined with the whole demanded privacy/secrecy thing makes me believe that there's a whole lot more going on that I don't know about.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #68
FosterHerpetological
Yeah there should be no reason to delete anything. If he truly loved you there would be nothing to hide. The point of being in a relationship is to share experiences and good times with each other, not hide everything and live your own life.

Just be done with it, if it is possible, because I know how hard it is.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #69
Southern Wolf
Quote:
It's MY personal life and I am NEVER letting you back into my personal life.
Major red flag. He doesn’t love you… he’s using you. Someone that loves you shares the good and bad of their life with you. They lean on you for support and are there for you when you need support.
Quote:
I tried so hard and it was all pointless. I feel absolutely worthless and alone.
You can’t help someone change for the better if they don’t want to change. It is like banging your head on a brick wall. You’ll be the only one that gets hurt… the wall won’t feel a thing. You tried to improve a person’s life and that makes you worth a lot. You are not worthless… I know that I cant hug you and tell ya its gonna be all better, but I can be a shoulder to lean on if you want it. Therefor you’re not alone either. If you want to talk or vent via PM I don’t mind…. It may help.
Quote:
I am so ashamed of him. I am totally sick and heartbroken. He did nothing today but prove once again how meaningless and worthless my existence and love are to him, and always have been. It makes me sick. I hate myself for loving him. I had such high hopes. The person I met was so amazing. It's like that person is dead now. I don't understand how he turned into this horrible, cruel monster. It breaks my heart, and god, it hurts.
I can honestly say I feel your pain on this one. When my ex-fiancé informed me she would rather screw a married man vs being with me and threw away everything we had worked towards it destroyed me. Not only did I loose her I lost her little boy too. I hated myself for years because I was willing to give my life to save her’s or her sons and that was what I got in return. Please keep this in mind…. It’s not your fault. I know you’re going to spend a long time playing the ‘what if’ game with yourself. In all honesty… it doesn’t help and just makes it worse. What I came up with after years of torturing myself was that she didn’t love me the way I loved her. There is nothing I could do about that… and it’s her loss.
Just like with my ex…. It’s his loss because he gave up on a wonderful woman because he wants to maintain his childish, irresponsible ways. Don’t hate me for saying this… but you’re better off without him because he would probably just end up bringing your financial house crumbling down.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #70
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
That is exactly what I said to him, and what I don't understand. This, combined with the whole demanded privacy/secrecy thing makes me believe that there's a whole lot more going on that I don't know about.
I believe your right. About 6 months after me and my ex split she called me up and asked if I would take her back (guess she didn't realize that I was the one that destroyed her relationship with the married man cause I called his wife and gave her all the proof she needed )

I told her that without trust there can be no relationship. When I hung up on her I called AT&T and had my number changed so she couldn't call again.

His actions lead me to believe that there is something going on that he doesn't want you to find out. If that is the case how can you trust him... and if you cant trust him your relationship is doomed to failure. You'll always be second guessing everything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!