Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 145 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #1441
amercnwmn
If I'm not mistaken, she's been heavily visiting a thread regarding the raid and available snakes.
She also expressed direct intent to adopt several of the snakes.

The issue as I see it: She's untrustworthy. She has been since this began.

Sure she "voluntarily" backed out of a show, but she knew she would be refused a table anyways, so IMO, she didn't do anything worth respect.

What about Kyle's snakes?
She claims she can't afford to test all of them, but she's volunteering to adopt snakes, and posting how she just received $4,000.

She's been ignoring all contacts from Kyle requesting testing.
Only after he brought his post to the BOI did she reply, and then with an offer to pay HALF the testing. After that, she removed him from her contact list.

It's obvious she has NOT pursued the testing on her own snakes, as it is my understanding from Dr. Jacobsen is there is about a 2-3week turn-around on the results, MAX. So where are the results from the first 3 snakes? She was supposed to get the samples back in JANUARY.
Not that I necessarily trust her to post any illness reports. As I said, she's untrustworthy.

Her intentions have shown that she is NOT done accruing/breeding/selling/trading snakes, obviously.

She's just gotten sneakier about it, as Rachel said above.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #1442
amercnwmn
Oh and FYI the people responsible for the adoptions ARE aware of the situation, and will be keeping an eye out for anything suspicious regarding the adoptions.
So hopefully these poor snakes will stay out of her "care", I don't know about any others, however.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #1443
ShadowAceD
You want to know why people like Ashley can keep doing what she is doing without anything really happenineg to her? Because, evidently, the large majority of people just do not give two cents worth a god about it.

How do I know this?

Months ago, and I mean months ago,I contacted Killeen Animal Control and asked them about restrictions regarding large constrictors. Their response was quite simple: large constrictors, whether they be boa constrictors, anacondas, burmese pythons, reticulated pythons, african rock pythons, scrub pythons or any large potentially dangerous constrictor are absolutely, 100%, completely and totally banned within the city limits of Killeen Texas. There are no permits that can be obtained to waiver this law.

Well, that was nifty, wasn't it? So I thought.

I got in contact with ACO John Vullo and informed him of someone having mass quantities of large constrictors within their city limits. Initially, he showed concern to this and asked me to relay any and all evidence I had to support this. So I did. Absolutely all of the we have on Ashley to prove she is an irresponsible keeper and an illegal one to boot. I provided pictures, forum posts, evidence of her having diseased animals and doing nothing about it as well as her hoarding, her animal abuse with her dog ... etc. etc.

This was in January. It is now May and Officer Vullo has failed, on multiple occassions, to respond to my questions regarding this supposed investigation whether it be by e-mail or phone. Clearly, they do not give a , which is why people like her get away with their crap.

Don't believe me? Call them and ask them yourself what their rules about large constrictors is and go ahead and ask them about the investigation into Ashley Caspillo.

See what happens.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #1444
amercnwmn
Like I said, it's beyond frustrating.
This is just unbelievable and disgusting.

People like Ashley are a danger to our animals and our hobby, and those that protect her are no better. If they are still seeing her as an "innocent party of people with nothing better to do", or by "jealous individuals" they clearly haven't bothered to read ANY of this and maybe they should buy her snakes.

Right now Elizabeth is forking out OVER $900 for tissue testing on 3 boas thanks to Ashley's irresponsibility.

Really don't know what to say or do at this point. I suppose if you get a snake from her, or if she gets more snakes, well then, good luck. I know I will be VERY careful where my animals come from and I will research the background of my animals very heavily.

Thanks, Diem for your efforts to put a stop to an unethical, illegal seller/breeder/owner. Obviously she was lying about the "permits to breed" that she had.

Hopefully the publicity from any future actions on her part don't cause too much of a blemish on the keepers in Texas.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #1445
Elizabethlea27
Thanks Diem for getting involved like that. And Court it was 2 boas I got tested today, not three. I just want to make it clear that to get liver biopsies done on the two bcas I received from Ashley it is going to cost a total of over $900, 475 of which I payed today as a deposit. Not to mention travel cost. But liver tests are far far more accurate than blood tests and I want to avoid false negatives.
I would like to civilly ask Ashley to reimburse mender testing costs that came about as a direct result if her actions. If she does not respond or refuses I will seek the advice of a lawyer. And she may want to think about that, because if these boas test positive I will be seeking reimbursement for the cost of my collection, which is $10,000.
Any ideas on getting law enforcement to do their job without having to use the media and bring negative attention to the hobby?
Oh and I am using my phone I apologize for bad typing.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #1446
amercnwmn
Thanks Elizabeth, I dunno where I got "3"?

Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #1447
Elizabethlea27
No problem with all the typos I make... It is truly fine!

And I know this is late but thanks for clarifying things Kyle. I hope things work out for your collection.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:50 AM   #1448
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/boa...uisiana-2.html

There is a passing mention of her saying something about her taking snakes. I could SWEAR she inquired further, but it could have been on another forum other than RTB. Still, that's evidence that these animals seemed to have piqued her interest before.

Did this happen on a forum, or through a forum she belongs to? I knew that her being on forums that she might try to pull something behind closed doors, in the PM system or through e-mail. She STILL frequents forums and if she thinks we're not watching her, she's got us all wrong. Those people who think she's OK just browsing their forums had better think again. This is exactly the reason she does NOT belong on forums.
I have been following this thread as I'm sure many others are also. I really want to know the outcome of the tests and feel really bad for those that have brought in animals to their collection that might have IBD. What a nightmare!!

I did want to state that the thread posted above where Ashley mentions taking in some of the animals that were confiscated was posted a year ago March 23, 2010 to be exact. This was in response to the raid in LA not the recent one in Texas.

That doesn't mean she hasn't mentioned somewhere else about acquiring these animals recently but even for her it seems quite unbelievable given how much attention is on her and her actions. Anyway I thought the correction needed to be made. I hope the best for all involved and their animals!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #1449
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzz View Post
I have been following this thread as I'm sure many others are also. I really want to know the outcome of the tests and feel really bad for those that have brought in animals to their collection that might have IBD. What a nightmare!!

I did want to state that the thread posted above where Ashley mentions taking in some of the animals that were confiscated was posted a year ago March 23, 2010 to be exact. This was in response to the raid in LA not the recent one in Texas.

That doesn't mean she hasn't mentioned somewhere else about acquiring these animals recently but even for her it seems quite unbelievable given how much attention is on her and her actions. Anyway I thought the correction needed to be made. I hope the best for all involved and their animals!
No, no. See my earlier post (#1439):

Quote:
I cannot remember where I saw it, but I recall Ashley was inquiring about the snakes taken from the raid on the HEH property in LA, when that happened. When I find that info, I will post it. This does not surprise me.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #1450
chazzz
Sorry about that Rachel, I understand now.
I was reading backwards and read your post last. So it seemed she was inquiring about the animals that were confiscated recently.

Again sorry about the confusion!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd