Any idea what type of turtle this is? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
rickyredfoot3
Question Any idea what type of turtle this is?

Hi my name is Rick Donaldson, I am pretty new to the website and I am not sure if this is were I should be posting this or not but thought I would give it a shot. A friend of mine recently aquired a turtle of unknown origin or species and we are trying to figure out it is but with no luck. I was hoping someone here could help us identify the species. He was told it was a indonesian yellow pond turtle but we cant find any thing about them only european and japanese yellow pond turtles but it doesnt look like any of them in the pics. Please help I will attach pics hopefully they go through!
Thanks ahead of time
Rick
Name:  V__1B70.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  166.3 KB

Name:  V__07E1.jpg
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  V__78E2.jpg
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  V__563A.jpg
Size:  101.4 KB

Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Helenthereef
You are right that this is not the best place to post this request. The Board of Inquiry is not for general enquiries, it's the place where people comment on transactions/ traders, good or bad.

You should post this in the Turtle/ Tortoise forum for more relevant responses.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=605

Your photos all came out fine by the way!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
rickyredfoot3
I apologize for posting in the wrong place, I had saw where someone had posted something similar to my inquiry in one of the classifieds, don't remember which, and someone told them they should have posted in the BOI under info or inquiry, I don't remember which so I thought I would try here. And since I was looking for " clarification of facts" I thought this would be the place to post. I apologize again and I will repost in the turtle / tortoise classifieds!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
turtlepimp
Wrong forum, but it is a Chinese Yellow Pond, Mauremys Mutica.

Andy Sury

Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
rickyredfoot3
Thank you! If I ever need to post something like this again I will know the right place to do it. And again apologize for any inconvieniance I may have caused any one!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
Helenthereef
No worries, it takes a while to find your way around........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!