Shedding?? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 10:59 PM   #21
some_lizard_guy
Here is another:
http://www.herpcages.com/cages/cprice2.html
Better sizes and pretty nice prices...

Old 05-28-2005, 01:22 AM   #22
Drew1220
Thanks alot man..really appreciate all your help/tips... My boss told me about this place called "Scales" they sell EVERYTHING for like the cheapest ive EVER SEEN..digi therms-8 bucks, substrate good prices...

go to exoticlizards.com

Just waiting for them to shed now..assuming they will do so...check out there tanks above and let me know what you think...

Old 05-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #23
some_lizard_guy
They look pretty good, just DON'T get the "bearded dragon complete package" It has a bunch of stuff you likely already have, and some stuff you don't even want (such as that sand stuff...). If you buy from there, go with the 48"L X 18"H X 24"D showcase cage for $389.99. The last link I showed you (http://www.herpcages.com/cages/cprice2.html) is even cheaper though, and has better dimensions (48" X 24" X 24") for only $300 (see the bottom "other sizes available" section).
-Drew

Old 05-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #24
some_lizard_guy
By the way, I don't know how you would mount lights in either of those cages... You would probably have to suspend them inside...
-Drew

Old 05-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #25
Drew1220
do your dragons/ or did they just sort of nibble??

I just got home from work..made usual salad but with some xtras in it (Mustard greens, carrots,cucumbers) set that in there..grabbed there water dish went to dump it out came back and the one that sort of tricked itself into eating the greens was already munching on them..then he went back up to his branch.. It was until I dropped cricks in that both hopped off branch went and ate about 3 a piece now there back up on there branch..they got about 4 cricks left in there right now, so will they nible on them as the day goes on??

Just wondering cause there still not eating as much as everyone says they should be but they have a strong feeding response it seems to me..

I am most likely only getting an extra branch, digi therm, and cricket holder today..Tanks are in the near future though

Old 05-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #26
some_lizard_guy
>do your dragons/ or did they just sort of nibble??

Yes, especially with the salad, my dragons eat in short spurts throughout the day.

>I am most likely only getting an extra branch, digi therm, and cricket holder today

You don't need to buy a branch... Just find a branch outside and sterilize it in 10 percent bleach and water solution, *RINSE WELL*, then bake it at 250* F for half an hour. As for a cricket holder, get a BIG one, if you buy more dragons, you'll need to order crickets online by the thousand.

-Drew

Old 05-28-2005, 11:07 PM   #27
Drew1220
Ok got the digi therm, crick holder (150 medium cricks-biggest one he had)

Now I need recommendation on bulbs..I have probe just quickly set up and it has leveled out at 128 degrees.. I had no idea it was getting this hot..I knew I could keep it up to 115.. but they seem very happy, so why would this heat NOT effect them?

Anyhow currently I got the Zoo Med Repti Basking lamp 75w..they only offer a 50w and a 100w but no sense in going higher so the 50w bulb might be the one I go with..

Just wondering if you can suggest a good lamp..they reaLLY love the bright light it puts off and this has made them really alert and active..so quickly suggest a new bulb if you could..thanks..

I feel kinda bad cause I have been trying to do everything perfect and right but now I hope that I didnt screw em up.. again they dont seem dehydrated or anything..

Let me know

Old 05-28-2005, 11:34 PM   #28
some_lizard_guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1220
Ok got the digi therm, crick holder (150 medium cricks-biggest one he had)

Now I need recommendation on bulbs..I have probe just quickly set up and it has leveled out at 128 degrees.. I had no idea it was getting this hot..I knew I could keep it up to 115.. but they seem very happy, so why would this heat NOT effect them?

Anyhow currently I got the Zoo Med Repti Basking lamp 75w..they only offer a 50w and a 100w but no sense in going higher so the 50w bulb might be the one I go with..

Just wondering if you can suggest a good lamp..they reaLLY love the bright light it puts off and this has made them really alert and active..so quickly suggest a new bulb if you could..thanks..

I feel kinda bad cause I have been trying to do everything perfect and right but now I hope that I didnt screw em up.. again they dont seem dehydrated or anything..

Let me know
As I have said many times: YOU DON'T NEED A "REPTILE" HEAT LAMP!!! Just use a household bulb for heat, UVB is the only "special" light they need. How tall is the cage? I'm guessing it is about 12" high? If so, try a 60w clear (not frosted) household bulb. That should get the temps pretty high as a frosted one on my snake cages gets the temps up to 95* F. Just experiment with bulbs you find in your home until you find one that works. Personally, since my cages are so large, I use 50w-60w Halogen bulbs (Halogen bulbs produce A LOT of heat, far too much for your tank). It is my opinion (along with that of most anyone who keeps a large number of animals) that far too many people rely too heavily on overpriced petstores for everything, when in reality there are very few items that MUST be "reptile brand". I used to use zoo-med bulbs, but eventually switched to save money, after all, why spend $10 for a lizard on the package when you could get the same thing for $5 without the "reptile brand" name? Those are my thoughts.
-Drew

Old 05-28-2005, 11:38 PM   #29
Drew1220
Oh ya sorry, im a dumb ass totally forgot about that..I will experiment tomorrow when there lights comeback on.. Im looking to keep it within 100-115..

they ate today by the way, so maybe they arent gonna shed..lol who knows im keeping my eyes open as usual.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:42 PM   #30
some_lizard_guy
Aim for 95*-105*F. 115* F is a bit high, they could probably *tolerate* it, but what if you had a really hot day and weren't home, they would fry if it rose even higher...
-Drew

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!