how do I ship my beardie? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-02-2005, 05:24 PM   #1
dude50050
Exclamation how do I ship my beardie?

Does anyone know how to ship an adult bearded dragon safely? please comment back. Thanks everyone

Old 06-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #2
TheDrew1
Well first you need a styrofoam insulated shipping box that you can get from an online reptile supply store (i think repitledepot.com has some). Then you are going to need some packing material like packaging peanuts or just plain old crumpled up newspaper. Then you need something to put the beardie in. Now when ever i get an adult beardie i receive them in a cloth bag, and i think you can search for that over the internet. If not find a tupperware container big enough and pad it up with paper towels and poke air holes. Also, depending on where you are shipping it, you will need a heating pack (you will probably not need one at this time of the year)

Well good luck

Old 06-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
rujonesin
The best way to ship an adult is by packing it a snake bag with newspaper as padding. If you don't have a snake bag use a small pillow case. I would highly reccomend an insulated box. Airpalnes can hit extremely cold temps and while you shouldn't need a heat pack you want to protect it while on the plane. Make sure you only send it overnight for delivery by 10:30. If it ends up sitting in a truck temps can soar over 120 degrees. Soak the beardie in warm water for 30 minutes prior to packing it. This helps clean it out and hydrate it. Shred some paper towels or crumple some up to put in the bag with it. If it soils this will help soak it up. Pack crumpled newspaper on all sides because the box is going to get tossed around. For this time of year I always poke a couple holes on opposite sides of the box to allow for some sort of air transfer.

Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!