3...2...1... Cast off!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-27-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Tang
3...2...1... Cast off!!

a month and a half ago, i fractured my scaphoid (the most important of 8 bones in the wrist), i snapped it right in half. i was supposed to have a cast on till september, but i went to the doctor 2day and my wrist healed a month and a half ahead of schedule . this makes me a miracle child i guess, bc a amonth ago, i also had around a dozen lesions on my cornea, all of which were infected. i was on 5 medications, and had to put in drops every half hour and every 2 hours at night. but that healed as well, my eye doctor told me it was a miracle that i was still able to see. so, im very grateful that im able to heal so well and quickly, if only i could have as much luck w/ leopard geckos! (speaking of which my 2 hypo tang het tremper babies are doing great and eating like monsters, and i have 2 more eggs which should hatch in the next few days.)

Old 07-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #2
peachstategeckos
Great!! I'm so glad everything turned out okay. Good luck with the leos too .

Old 07-27-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
Borewyrm
I bet you have been exposed to some sort of gamma radiation? Do you ever turn green?

Old 07-27-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
Milwaukee Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang
a month and a half ago, i fractured my scaphoid (the most important of 8 bones in the wrist), i snapped it right in half. i was supposed to have a cast on till september, but i went to the doctor 2day and my wrist healed a month and a half ahead of schedule . this makes me a miracle child i guess, bc a amonth ago, i also had around a dozen lesions on my cornea, all of which were infected. i was on 5 medications, and had to put in drops every half hour and every 2 hours at night. but that healed as well, my eye doctor told me it was a miracle that i was still able to see. so, im very grateful that im able to heal so well and quickly, if only i could have as much luck w/ leopard geckos! (speaking of which my 2 hypo tang het tremper babies are doing great and eating like monsters, and i have 2 more eggs which should hatch in the next few days.)
Ouch. I'm afraid to ask how you got all those injuries. Good to hear the recovery is going good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borewyrm
I bet you have been exposed to some sort of gamma radiation? Do you ever turn green?
I have! To "cure" my hyperthyroidism they fed me radioactive iodine (don't be around animals for 3 days, avoid pregnant women, ect). It was a real good time... actually I didn't even feel it.

Lucky for me they killed off too much of my thyroid, and now I'm cold and tired most the time... and I get to take fun pills for life... I hate doctors.

Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Glad everythign is going well for you and your leos!

Old 07-27-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
Brian, that sucks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!