For Sale Rare Hypo Type Asian Turtle Appears To Be Female. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #11
justatwinturbo
I have bought many light ones like this, I have bought dark ones that turn light like this. It's not due to being a hypo type, there's other factors going on.

So you've bought plenty of these, and kept them alive with no issues?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #12
JLreps
Quote:
Originally Posted by justatwinturbo View Post
I have bought many light ones like this, I have bought dark ones that turn light like this. It's not due to being a hypo type, there's other factors going on.

I'm fairly certain you've bought hundreds just like it. I'm sure they're everywhere in the markets just like this. That's why you have many pics to show us.

I've never bought one and have no idea whether or not it will live. You can't say that for certain either. Let the guy sell his turtle. Anyone that buys it has now been made well aware of the risk by your expertise.

I will give you this much though. I'm not an expert on these(never claimed to be), and you might know better than me whether or not temperature(the one is much warmer) could play a role in the color difference. I could see that as a possibility.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #13
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:

No dispute from me that there could be other factors involved.

If you are asking me, I have adjusted some. Not many/plenty. Just some. The girlfriend (now wife) at the time was crying when I went to pick up inexpensive frozen seafood, so my motivations were...assisted. Some died. Some lived. Those which lived did great and went to new homes.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #14
justatwinturbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLreps View Post
I'm fairly certain you've bought hundreds just like it. I'm sure they're everywhere in the markets just like this. That's why you have many pics to show us.

I've never bought one and have no idea whether or not it will live. You can't say that for certain either. Let the guy sell his turtle. Anyone that buys it has now been made well aware of the risk by your expertise.

I will give you this much though. I'm not an expert on these(never claimed to be), and you might know better than me whether or not temperature(the one is much warmer) could play a role in the color difference. I could see that as a possibility.
Not hundreds, but I have enough experience to speak on the matter. China town is just 30 minutes away, and I do like to give some a chance at life, rather than being food. I've failed thus far, like many before me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
No dispute from me that there could be other factors involved.

If you are asking me, I have adjusted some. Not many/plenty. Just some. The girlfriend (now wife) at the time was crying when I went to pick up inexpensive frozen seafood, so my motivations were...assisted. Some died. Some lived. Those which lived did great and went to new homes.
So you do have a similar story to tell, that's the story I meant. Though you are one of the few to keep them alive, which I can respect. Most are caught by hook, which probably explains why they fail to thrive.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #15
JLreps
One more thing. It makes a HUGE difference when and where you get an animal like this. I have no idea where you got yours, but the higher up the ladder you buy something, the better it's chances for survival. The seller has stated this animal is feeding and doing well. He/she may be at the top of the ladder. With any animal like this there is a risk it may die. A bigger risk than a cb animal. I have no idea what the market would be for hypo babies of this turtle, but I'm sure they're worth a couple bucks more than a normal.....and $200 is not much of a risk.

Now hopefully I'm done hijacking this thread. That was my main reason for posting.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #16
justatwinturbo
Based solely on my experience, the turtle looks like it came straight from the market. That was part of the point from my post. If this turtle is indeed eating, please post a video..I'll be interested.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:59 PM   #17
JLreps
Quote:
Based solely on my experience, the turtle looks like it came straight from the market. That was part of the point from my post. If this turtle is indeed eating, please post a video..I'll be interested.
You could be right, but it could also come from the person who sells to the market. I think the reason for your post was because you felt like this guy was trying to get over on someone by selling a turtle that may have only cost him cost a few bucks for $200. You decided he shouldn't get away with it.

I don't think the seller was really trying to hide anything. I guess they could have stated if they were the importer or whether they work for Johhny Z's market. Like Nick originally said though. It doesn't matter. Value is ALWAYS determined by what someone is willing to pay. One man's trash is another man' s treasure. This totally reminds me of the people that complain about people selling "dinker" ball pythons. They think people are getting ripped off. Those are the people that will never find an "orange dream" and make many many thousands off a 10 dollar snake.

So now you may be interested huh? Come on. You're only stating that because I called you out for messing with this guys post.

Let me apologize to the mods and the seller. I don't plan on making a habit of this. It's always bothered me even before I signed up for Fauna when someone would do this to someone trying to make a sale.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #18
JLreps
I have no idea why I never said this to begin with. Probably because the reason for my post was not about whether or not the animal was in fact a morph. I'm now convinced(kinda) it is. Look at the clear nails. That's what you look at to determine a hypo bearded dragon. This animal has clear nails. Do the others have clear nails? They do not appear to have clear nails. This might be worth the risk all you turtle breeders. I want a free pair of hets.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:34 PM   #19
justatwinturbo
I said if I see a video of it eating, I would be interested, never said I wouldn't be. Definitely not anywhere near the price, but there would be interest based on it eating. I don't care if he 'gets away with it'. People buy cheap sell high all the time. I care about the misrepresentation of the animal, and the likelihood that whoever buys it ends up with a dead turtle shortly after. Which.....so what for these people I don't know right? We should all just trust every seller's word, even if we can clearly see it's a lie. Seeing as you've got me all figured out now, you've taken me to school, broke me down psychologically, and caught me back tracking, what's left for you?

Old 04-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #20
nickolasanastasiou
I think the claw color is relatively typical for the species, although I have only adjusted a limited number. I could be mistaken.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!