Prowler at the bird feeder again... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 AM   #1
WebSlave
Prowler at the bird feeder again...

Connie found this gray rat snake sitting on a branch near the bird feeders, obviously waiting for an unwary bird to get too close. So of course I had to snatch him up and we relocated him out to the national forest. Didn't try to bite but squirmed a bit. I rarely see the gray rat snakes around here try to bite when they are handled. And even then, it's only because they think a bird actually did get too close.....

And took a little video as well using the Panasonic FMZ-1000. Didn't take at 4K, though, and not sure why, but I'm sure it was my fault.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
great photo of the little interloper!

Old 08-20-2016, 12:21 AM   #3
blueboost68
Thanks for sharing that is a beautiful gray not like the dark one,s we have here in AL.

Old 08-20-2016, 01:34 AM   #4
LauraB
Gorgeous photo! Geez, all I found this past week were two little tiny Ringneck snakes in my house, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!