For Sale High Contrast Schneider Skink - PA PICK UP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Skinks

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #1
Night10gail
High Contrast Schneider Skink - PA PICK UP

A very colorful schneider skink that I suspect to be male. He has a dark steel background with lots of orange markings and a golden stripe on each side that runs from jaw to tail. Would make a good stud for a breeding project. Like most of the species I'm pretty sure he was wild caught but has passed through my quarantine period, which means he's acting normal and appears healthy with a good appetite. He does however have a small (about dime sized) patch of damaged scales near the base of his tail, but it doesn't affect him and the area sheds w/o issue. Tail and toes are fully intact. Last photo is pre-shed and the first photo is after fresh shed.
He is very energetic and fast but is perfectly handle-able if you have experience with fast lizards. He does not like to be picked up around the middle but will happily climb onto your hand/up your arm if you put your hand in front of his face or scoop him up with a finger beneath his chest (just is calmest when approached low from the front and is nervous even with approach low from the side to be scooped up). He is eating crickets, superworms, dubia (tong feed as they hide well from him) and earthworms as his staple diet. He has taken chicken and mouse parts as rare treats when a snake has refused a meal (this way I could put the smaller parts of feeders to use at least). I haven't tried egg but suspect he'll enjoy it.
Due to the winter weather I am not offering shipping at this time, unless I acquire some 40hr reptile heat packs (will put notice on post if I do). At this time he is for pick up in person within Pennsylvania only. I can meet within reason but longer trips will incur a gas fee. I will be visiting the Hamburg, PA show in February as a guest for anyone who lives near there and can meet in the parking lot, but a non-refundable deposit will be required due to the risks to his health should someone not show. Asking price is $50 cash or Paypal and includes a few dubia roaches so you have some immediate food for him or it'll be enough to use as a starter colony. I paid quite more than asking for him. Fauna messages will be checked every few days and ad up dated as needed.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread