Can someone please breakdown ball python genetics for me... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
jmkhet
Can someone please breakdown ball python genetics for me...

If anyone has the time to tell me what morphs are dom. and whats recessive that would be great.Or shoot me a link to some info....alot to ask i know.Id totally appreciate the help.Ive been strictly boas for awhile...and everythings a bit "off " now that im jumping to balls....sorta confusing to me.Any help would be great.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
LadyOhh
http://ballpython.com/page.php?topic=morph

There is more than just Dom and Recessive... Co-dominant is the Hets to Dom, and there are several combos of such. This is one place to start.

Have fun!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
Co-dominant is the Hets to Dom
not really, though that is a popular misconception.
Quote:
Codominant - an allele that causes the homozygous form to look different than wild type and the heterozygous form to have traits of both. (All three look different from each other.)
Dominant - an allele that causes the homozygous form and the heterozygous form to look the same as each other, but different than wild type.
With a co-dominant trait, there is a definite visual difference between the het, the super, and the "normal".
With a dominant trait, one cannot consistently and accurately distinguish between the het and super forms.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
shrap
Ralph Davis' site will give you a pretty good break down on most morphs.

http://www.ralphdavisreptiles.com/ma...ven_traits.asp

Old 02-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
jmkhet
Thank you sooo much guys/gals.I appreciate the help!

Old 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
LadyOhh
Thanks for the correction Harald...

I was typing too quickly for my brain to catch up and realize my mistake.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
Will0W783
I have read that Mojave x Mojave can produce a blue-eyed lucy- is this true? I can't find the site where I found it.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
LoneCoast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
I have read that Mojave x Mojave can produce a blue-eyed lucy- is this true? I can't find the site where I found it.
yes, correct me if iam wrong anybody, i believe any of these combos makes blue eyed lucys

mojave X mojave , butter x butter ,lesser x lesser or russo x any of the three. and i i think the mixing of the three creates a 'whiter' snake, so its said.

havent gotten the chance to work with em myself, but working in a place like i do i sure get to see alot of em daily. lol

Old 03-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
Abby
You can look on my website I made a list of all the morphs and morph combos there that I add to whenever I can. Here ya go.

Wallflower Herpetoculture - Ball Python Care, Info & Morphs

Hope this helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!