!~!Advice~Needed!~! - Superworms. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-17-2004, 11:50 PM   #1
GeckoPalace
!~!Advice~Needed!~! - Superworms.

How often should i feed my adult male leo and my adult female leo. I just switched to them and they LOVE them! Just should i feed them 3 every day, every other day?

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2004, 12:19 AM   #2
progeckos
My superworm eaters are offered supers everyday. They usually eat up to 3, males eating more and females eating less. Some days they won’t take any but the next day they are offered more and they nail em’.

Old 12-18-2004, 02:26 AM   #3
Xelda
If they're both full grown adults, I would only feed 2-3 supers every other day. They're pretty fattening, so you don't want your leo to get overweight. I also don't recommend feeding any more than 4 or 5 supers at a time because it will cause your leo to have gigantic poops.

I used supers as a staple for my leos last year. They loved them too, but after about 4 or 5 months being on superworms, they got sick of them. The adults refused them (except for one guy) and the juveniles knew how to pick out the small supers from the mealworms. They were both the same size, so even if I mixed them up in the food boowl, my leos would spit out the supers and just go for the mealworms.

Old 12-18-2004, 03:34 AM   #4
xlb57
How big should the leo be before trying supers?

Old 12-18-2004, 03:45 AM   #5
wahberee
A gecko should be good to eat Supers Just as long as they are allright with Large Mealworms, ussually around 25 grams. When it comes to worms, Never start off with Super's though, start off with mealies and if they like mealies, then chances are theyll like supers. I keep Large mealies in my enclosures at all times in a small glazed dish with vitamins or calcium. like so... . I dont think a gecko could be overfed so I just keep it available at all times, that way they get as big as possible,

Old 12-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #6
progeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelda
I also don't recommend feeding any more than 4 or 5 supers at a time because it will cause your leo to have gigantic poops.
Not only that but there’s the chance of regurgitation. Adults usually know how much they can take and will stop when they’ve had enough. Younger juveniles don’t know “how far they can go” so they just keep eating and eating and eventually throw everything up. It’s just the learning cycle.

Old 12-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #7
GeckoPalace
ok, which are we deciding on, 2-3 every other day and 2-3 every day. I dont want my leos to get too fat. the male is 70 grams and the female is 85 (last time i checked was about 2 weeks ago).

Old 12-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #8
progeckos
If they’re that big you can easily go 2-3 every other day. I offer my leos supers everyday even though they might not eat them. I just like giving them the option.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!