Inquiry Underground Reptiles: Sick animal inquiry? - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:55 AM   #141
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamnophis123 View Post
I did business with Underground and got pretty much what I expected - sick snakes.
Quote:
I have made no accusations what so ever.
I do not know why you would purchase animals that you expected to be ill. That does not ring true. You certainly are accusing them of selling sick animals, in your own words.
Quote:
For those who want to question silly details of timing of vet visits

Joe
When one decides to take a critter to a vet is highly relevant for a number of reasons. If the illness is substantial and vet care has been delayed, a timeline could call into question whether or not the seller was involved or whether the illness came from intervening factors.
Relevant questioning is part of what makes the BOI works as well as it does. Putting the hush on people and attempts to forcibly march them to a preordained conclusion not only doesn't work well here, it calls into question the motivation of those trying to force their conclusion on others.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #142
Lucille
Quote:
suing
My personal opinion as to what might be happening in the background, I think there is probably good reason why the OP is suddenly anxious to claim he never made any accusations.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #143
tlmoon
Is the OP banned now? Huh. While I support anyone bringing forward issues such as this in good faith, the OP sure developed an attitude problem in the past several posts.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:33 PM   #144
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
OP sure developed an attitude problem in the past several posts.
Can't imagine how someone who feels that he's acted in good faith could eventually get pissed off over repeatedly having his motives questioned in a situation where the vindictiveness being suggested lacks even the flimsiest contextual support. It'll go alongside the other great mysteries of our time - an enigma to rival the age-old question of why the tides go in and out.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #145
nickolasanastasiou
He will be able to continue quite soon if he so chooses.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #146
tlmoon
Thanks Nick, maybe he'll choose to come back.

I tend to agree with you Fang; I was speaking more in general terms. I would like to believe the OP has only good intentions, but his behavior is beginning to look....less that way. Maybe he will take some time to read on what has been posted, think about it and reply a little more calmly and without resorting to name calling and getting all ruffled that anyone disagrees or comes to different conclusions.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:45 PM   #147
tim brophy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
My personal opinion as to what might be happening in the background, I think there is probably good reason why the OP is suddenly anxious to claim he never made any accusations.
Do you actually believe there is even a remote chance that Joe is concerned that Underground will sue him? Do you find it telling that most of his real detractors in this thread sell snakes and are concerned that they will lose money from loss of business? The potential threat of SFD goes well beyond commercial interests. This disease can wipe out snake populations in the wild. If Joe proves to be correct about the SFD, he performed a valuable service. If Joe proves wrong about the SFD, I have no doubt he will fess up and take his medicine.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:11 AM   #148
Lucille
There is quite a bit of difference between this:
Quote:
I bought snakes from Underground, they developed what MIGHT be SFD, has anyone else had problems like this?
And this:
Quote:

I did business with Underground and got pretty much what I expected - sick snakes.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #149
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Wow. You should consider suing whoever taught you reading comprehension in grade school. No one, ever, said Underground shouldn't be shipping animals. As has been stated repeatedly, this post was to inform people that snakes shipped from Underground may be infected (in my opinion and that of my vet) and that we need feedback from anyone who has bought snakes from them regarding the health of the animals purchased.

The rest of that stuff you just made up in your head guy.

Maybe you can get your hands on some breathing salts?
For someone who's trying to paint himself as a "good guy" you sure do get defensive when anyone questions you. Calling people names is a great way to prove how much of a Good Samaritan you are I've found, you should definitely keep it up. You're more than welcome to look into my educational background if you think that's the issue here; I think you'll find it more than adequate .

So just to be clear, this thread was made to inform people that snakes sent by underground MIGHT be sick (based on your opinion and the vets...which of course means such a huge amount given zero test results). Is that why you stated very specifically that they sent you sick snakes (no question made, it was a statement made by you as Lucille has quoted).

Funny that's your argument now. Did you forget the very first post you made?

"Hello all - I bought new born water snakes from Underground Reptiles this summer. They have developed a disease that vets have speculated is Snake Fungal Disease (SFD).

I have spent $185 testing one of the snakes for the disease. If you're not familiar with it, SFD is a contagious, potentially lethal fungal disease that is killing wild snakes, as well as captives. It has no known cure.

I have had others tell me they bought snakes from Underground Reptiles that died with symptoms similar to SFD."

So you're not saying it's SFD, just that it's most likely SFD and a bunch of other people have also had snakes with the same symptoms that died. There is no cure and regardless, whatever disease it is, it without question originated at UR (your words). Where are all of those other people?

I think you're right, my reading comprehension must just be abysmal, because to me it doesn't sound like there's a lot of questioning going on here. You are STATING your snake has SFD based on your opinion and are STATING multiple other people have had theirs die from similar symptoms (again, who are these people and why haven't they verified your claims?).

You say that no one said underground shouldn't be shipping out any animals. I guess this statement you made on page one is slightly out of place then:

"If a relatively big dealer is sending dangerously infected snakes all over the country its really a bigger deal than just good guy / bad guy."

So since the point of this thread is to save the world (or whatever nonsense reason you're trying to play off), what is the solution to underground "sending dangerously infected snakes all over the country" if not that they stop shipping animals? You obviously consider yourself more intelligent than me, so maybe you can help to clear up what you meant, since my feeble little brain only managed to comprehend it how it was written. If this is an incurable, lethal disease that wipes out entire species, and you're claiming that underground has it in their stock, what solution is possible other than the one that you already blatantly implied?

For someone who had better hope and pray that they receive definitive test results proving this is SFD and that it without a shred of doubt came from underground reptiles, you're the last person who should be talking about suing people. Personally I'd recommend finding an attorney for yourself sooner than later, because if UR can prove they're not responsible, and you made this thread about them without even a shred of proof, you're going to be in for a wild ride. I can't even imagine what sort of a price you can value this level of libel at.

Keep your fingers crossed that you're right. That's all I can say at this point.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:31 AM   #150
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Can't imagine how someone who feels that he's acted in good faith could eventually get pissed off over repeatedly having his motives questioned in a situation where the vindictiveness being suggested lacks even the flimsiest contextual support. It'll go alongside the other great mysteries of our time - an enigma to rival the age-old question of why the tides go in and out.
Someone who feels he has acted in good faith yet has failed to substantiate any of his claims, has yet to have these "several other people who had snakes die" come here to verify that statement (but has continued to make anonymous third party claims throughout this entire thread), and when people ask him to provide proof he gets defensive and calls them names. You're right dan, he has "good guy" written all over him

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!