Bad Guy Al Brown-Browns Boas-Nightmare Transaction - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #81
David Reid
I had a Freedom Breeder rack rust almost immediatly after I got it. They did send me a new one, and said my original rack was probably from a bad batch of steel, and that they had other racks made our of the same steel rust. My new one has been fine.

He should send you another rack. If he does not, I hope your CC company gives you your money back.

Dave

Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #82
d0cking
Not sure if this help but have you checked into having a HVAC/sheet metal shop fab new panels out of galvanized sheet metal? You can get a 4x10 sheet of 26 ga galv for less than $20. I would guess that if you bought the metal, a sheet metal guy would sheer and break the metal for ya. Should not cost more than $50 labor.

As far as this being a crime... could be.. I don't know about the Internet laws but I know some about the trade skill laws in my own state and a few in TN. Some of my customers are in TN. I saw the post where someone said it wasn't for the police. That is true. State inspectors are not you local p.d. Our HVAC inspector does nothing police the HVAC community... finding people that doesn't do what they say they are going to do, working without a license, or not doing things to code. That is what they are paid for. I see cases like this all the time. You will be surprised how much help an inspector can give you. I don't know Tn's electrical code.. but ask your lawyer, he will tell ya if it is worth it or not. My customers conform most of the time. Most inspectors will work with a company. They help keep them honest.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #83
snared99
I think it says alot about Mr. Brown and how he handles his business. He wont even answer emails or come on here to state his case. Heck he wont even go onto the BP.net thread i made about him too. I guess when you know your guilty you hide. Not t he kind of reptile breeder i would want my money going to EVER again.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #84
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post
I think it says alot about Mr. Brown and how he handles his business. He wont even answer emails or come on here to state his case. Heck he wont even go onto the BP.net thread i made about him too. I guess when you know your guilty you hide. Not t he kind of reptile breeder i would want my money going to EVER again.
It seems like he sent a crappy cage, and this thread is what people will see if they search for him here. The description of the crappy cage, and him, nowhere to be seen, no response or explanation, no nothing.

The long sidebar about electricity actually helped, because that is what people will remember.

Hopefully due to this thread, potential customers will make choices that will not put them in the position of dealing with a seller like him or having to decide just how they would describe the experience of touching one of his cages .

Old 12-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #85
snared99
Still no word from Mr. Brown, just wanted to update everyone

Old 12-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #86
snared99
Nice to see Mr.Brown has not been here in the thread at all. Surprising how many people reached out in this situation, including other buyer whom were not happy with his crappy racks. Hmmmm wonder if the animals side of his 'business' is any better.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #87
Dinosaur
I personally would use stainless steel or aluminum. But yeah, if it is powder coated, it should not be rusting for a few years. The heat panels should have been made of stainless, galvanized or aluminum. I hate when people have no pride in their craft. This is why I build my own enclosures and racks.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:37 AM   #88
shane159
I am truly trying to stay out of this, but after all the "fat boy ,dough boy" comments I would not respond to this either. I am not taking sides, but I promise his animals are top notch and well taken care of . Also after a rack, cage, or even an animal is in the hands of the buyer , who knows how they take care of them. Heat, humidity, even altitude can play a role. This place can be lynch mob and is very immature sometimes. I can honestly say after only being on this site for a month or so, I can tell you what forum members are always in these threads putting there nose where it does not belong. I truly think BOI is a great thing and I think it is a very helpful place to do some background checks, but when you come on here and act like children it can be hard to take seriously. This is a useful forum not a gossip column.I also have not read anything about anyone else saying anything about having problems with his "crappy racks"? I do not mean to argue your issue at all Snared99 but when legal issues, or internet crimes are being threatened, sometimes it is best to keep quiet .

Old 12-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #89
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane159 View Post
I am truly trying to stay out of this, but after all the "fat boy ,dough boy" comments I would not respond to this either. I am not taking sides, but I promise his animals are top notch and well taken care of . Also after a rack, cage, or even an animal is in the hands of the buyer , who knows how they take care of them. Heat, humidity, even altitude can play a role. This place can be lynch mob and is very immature sometimes. I can honestly say after only being on this site for a month or so, I can tell you what forum members are always in these threads putting there nose where it does not belong. I truly think BOI is a great thing and I think it is a very helpful place to do some background checks, but when you come on here and act like children it can be hard to take seriously. This is a useful forum not a gossip column.I also have not read anything about anyone else saying anything about having problems with his "crappy racks"? I do not mean to argue your issue at all Snared99 but when legal issues, or internet crimes are being threatened, sometimes it is best to keep quiet .
Are you suggesting that the buyer of the rack is at fault for it rusting in just a couple weeks?

Wait till you are the one wronged, and we go to bat for you. See if you still feel like we are immature. Personally, I ain't gonna pull my punches for anyone. People looking the other way, treating thieves with kid gloves, making excuses for peoples wrong doings....these things ENCOURAGE the bad guys to keep up with their crap. Personally, I say if a person can't make right on something they did wrong, or refuse to own up to it, then they should be nuked. People work too hard for their money to just toss it out the window.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #90
snared99
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane159 View Post
I have not called MR Brown any names on this thread, only put the facts out there for everyone to see. If other choose to use names that is their opinions. If issues are kept quiet then no one ever knows what is going on with the case, I haver no issues being extremely honest with the situation, which Mr. Brown has not. I even typed a letter to MR Brown for a middle ground offer, with no response. Also there is no way this rack went bad from my use in a couple weeks. If the rack goes bad from plugging it in then there is a huge issue here. The bigger issue with this rack that Mr Brown is not willing to identify is....If something goes wrong-Such as a fire-That is grounds for a suite and at that time I will be going that route.

ALL I want is a rack that what I purchased.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!