Got my lil guy :) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
Hustle
Got my lil guy :)

Here are some pictures Meet Ziggy!
The picture that sold me on him
Home sweet home!
Home sweet home!
Home sweet home!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My poor guy's cage is average 68-70 degrees. I talked to my dad yesterday about it and he recommended I get acrylic cut to cover most of the screened top to avoid letting out so much heat/humidity. I called the local hardware store and they are doing it for me today and my roommate will pick it up while I'm at work.

I have a small heatpad under the tank but it doesn't seem to even penetrate through to the other side of the bottom so I doubt it does much. I was afraid to buy a more powerful one since most things I read say to avoid the extra lighting/heat.

If this acrylic doesn't work though, do you guys have any other suggestions to raising the temp a little bit?

Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Hey Justin, cresties do not require high temps. you may need to raise the room temps during the day, a small oil filled radiator(electric) will do the trick. home depot and lowes both have them for sale.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
Hustle
Thank you for the response, Ed! I didn't think they did. It's pretty consistent at 70-71 now that I got the acrylic to cover most of the screened top. The humidity is staying A LOT longer as well which is fantastic.

I went to pet smart today and bought a ceramic bulb that will put off heat but no light. Is this alright? Recommended? When I woke up today the temp said 67 and I am afraid that's just too cold for him.

I figure if I'm sitting by the tank in shorts and a t shirt and I feel the need to put sweatpants and a sweatshirt on he must be chilly!

BUT - I am new to all of this so I don't know. I just want him to be warm and happy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!