Escape!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
saltwaterreptiles
Escape!!!!

Wellll hoooooly....

I got this new rack from a friend, and an amazing rack it was. He had the large holes cut in the top of two tubs for easy access and ventilation and he never ever had a problem with it, it fits really snug to the top of the rack, AND, the hole is towards the center so a leo would have to stand up in the middle of the tub on its hind legs and PULL itself up and SQUEEZE down the space between the tub top and the rack top in order to get out....

Let me introduce you to BERA THE AMAZING ESCAPING BELL ALBINO!!!!!!

Holy crap, I went in to top up every-ones water and mealies and imagine my surprise when I pulled out the the tub only to find it vacant...

cue panic....

Dee and I searched the herp room high and low and wonders never cease, we found her under one of our tank stands!!! We managed to wrangle her and lets just say she has moved quarters and now have a nice secure HOLE free lid on her....

I was freaking, Dee was freaking.... the only one who didn't seem to freakin' too badly was Bera!!

That's a snake and a leo in two weeks, folks, no matter how secure you think your tanks are, double check and make them TWICE as secure as you think they need to be, cause there animals WILL find a way!

Old 10-18-2005, 11:43 PM   #2
ByRandom
I had my stripe escape for 6 months... She's now back with me after we moved, lol. Found her in a mass of stuff in my closet.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Glad you found her!

Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByRandom
I had my stripe escape for 6 months... She's now back with me after we moved, lol. Found her in a mass of stuff in my closet.
WooHoo! So, there is hope for finding my missing geckos and snake. I lost a Milksnake ans 4 Leos in the past 2 months

I really miss my Nelsons Milksnake! The Leos were 1 Jungle 100% Het Bell from Kelli , she escaped while I was cleaning her tub, and I was going to use her on my Jungle Bell Project, and 3 Double Het Bell x Blizzard from my Blazing Bell Blizzard project! They escaped because there is no back to the area of the rack that they are in and I pushed the tub too far backed, and they hopped out. Man this Bites!!!!!

Old 10-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
Manhattan Herps
hell, my albino female "emma" ecaped 3 times, the first time for about 11 months, she was surprisingly plump when i found her under my bed..along with one of my normals that got out a week befor she was found

the second time she was gone for a little over 7 months and the 3rd time she was gone for 3, i havnt lost one herp and not found them..thank god...even if they end up in other people apartments i get them back...you guys heard about my male tokay's little 5 month summer aventure right? and the female ball python that was gone for a year an a half and ended up in the building basement which is only reachable by elevator....lol...guess its a good think that people know about me and my reptilian friends...

anyway, glad you found her cory

Old 10-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #6
saltwaterreptiles
Holy, the couple of hours my wee one musta been out is childs play compared to some of you guys!! Feel silly for freakin' out now..lol

Old 10-19-2005, 10:44 AM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGECKOS
I really miss my Nelsons Milksnake!
If my lost Ruthveni makes it to la la land, you and I will be producing some amazing looking animals. Call it a breeder loan.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #8
nwheat
Oh, I'm so glad you found her!! It is encouraging to hear so many happy endings, although I'm sure I would still freak out if anyone were to escape here!!

Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
geckogrl6
I had a day-old hatchling escape for a week. Thought for sure it was a goner!!! Found him when I kicked the door from my door draft on my way to work and he squeaked. Amazing! Skinny tail, but made a very hasty recovery. Still missing 3 corns tho!

Old 10-19-2005, 04:53 PM   #10
saltwaterreptiles
lol.... yeah, we had a corn make a break for it, luckily my fiance saw him scooting down the hallway!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!