Tips - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
Lucille
Tips

This seems to be a complex subject, more so than one would think.

I do not go out to eat very much but when I do, I tip about 20% if the service is decent.

There is a small family owned kolache shop where I stop in to buy breakfast sometimes (bacon/egg croissants) and I tip them a dollar mostly because they know what I want and they start heating it up so I can take it with me as soon as I walk through the door.

At grocery stores I generally tip $1 or $2 to the people who carry my groceries to my car. At Christmas it is more because I know that's how they make their living and I generally buy more groceries then anyway. I debated one time whether I should tip this one guy I know, he and his mom and I go out to eat once in a while and I am over at her house all the time, his mother is a friend of mine. I decided to go ahead and tip him what I would tip any other person who carried out my groceries.

When I got to get my hair cut I tip 20%, I usually just get a cut and no special services so I think that is enough.

Do you tip? How do you figure out how much to give people?

Old 05-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
SIRS
i normally just round things up unless it isnt that much ..so like my hair cut is like 11 dollars so i give 20 never had bags carried so wouldnt know that but if im out at dinner and say dinners over 100 i leave atleast 20 dollar tip i tip over alot because knowing most people in customer service type jobs live for tips but if service is real bad i have no problem letting the person know it is and that is why there getting alittle tip ..no matter what i would never stiff someone

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!