Inquiry Reptmart - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
hisk
Reptmart

Does anyone know anything about Reptmart? I've seen a couple of good reviews but I placed an order with them two days ago and the difficulty getting ahold of their customer service is making me nervous.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Deborah Stewart
Reptmart is part of Bell Indusdries, owned and operated by the Bell who are considered pioneers in this industry with over 30 years experience.

I have bought animal from them in the past without any issue.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
hisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Stewart View Post
Reptmart is part of Bell Indusdries, owned and operated by the Bell who are considered pioneers in this industry with over 30 years experience.

I have bought animal from them in the past without any issue.
Thanks for the response! I've heard that before which is why I bought from them in the first place. I just wanted to check due to lack of communication other than automated systems.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
hisk
As an update on this I asked a Reptile Industries rep directly and Reptmart was sold to Petaholiks Inc. about a year ago. I believe they're the same people that own Snakes at Sunset? So not an issue for me, but putting it here for accuracy of info.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
jusmebabee
I bought a gray banded king from them 1 - 1 1/2 years ago. It ate, regurged and died a few days later. I paid shipping and they replaced it. Exact same thing happened with the 2nd snake.

No I've never had a snake regurge or die now or in the past.
No I didn't spend money to find out why they died.
All the other snakes I had during that time never had a issue and are adults.
No I didn't contact them when the 2nd one died just wrote it off as a loss.
No I'm not going to dig thru paypal statements to show proof I purchased from them.
Yes both snakes were quarantined.
Shipping was excellent, snakes was beautiful and did not show outward signs of being ill.
Just sharing my experience with Reptmart nothing more.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
PalmettoCoastGX
I bought a pair of spotted pythons from them a few years back and was completely satisfied with the transaction. The snakes were in perfect shape and I had no issues with them.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
Sue Henson
I feel like recently they dropped off the map. I purchased a milksnake from them a couple years back. I disliked all of the extra fees they tacked on, and they didn't ask when I could ship. As a result they sent the snake in 12 degree snowy weather. It lived, but had health problems for a year before it passed away. It was a shame, as the snake was beautiful.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #8
hisk
Okay so got my order. I have mixed feelings about it because for some reason the three skinks were in the same bag? I'm not sure that's common practice, but it doesn't seem like a good idea.

One is a bit sluggish which is concerning me, but the other two are alert. One has a bite mark on its head where a chunk of skin was pulled off. It looks partially healed (?), but I'll observe the wound closely for the time being.

All in all not as bad as I feared but also not as good as I hoped.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #9
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisk View Post
Okay so got my order. I have mixed feelings about it because for some reason the three skinks were in the same bag? I'm not sure that's common practice, but it doesn't seem like a good idea.

One is a bit sluggish which is concerning me, but the other two are alert. One has a bite mark on its head where a chunk of skin was pulled off. It looks partially healed (?), but I'll observe the wound closely for the time being.

All in all not as bad as I feared but also not as good as I hoped.
Can you post a pic. Just curious.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #10
JimM
None of these bad orders were the way I've know Mark and Kim to do things and I've known them when they were still working out of their basement in Michigan.

If they were still running things , you'd get nothing but the best animals and service.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!