Inquiry Anthony Caponetto no delivery - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #31
Eric@RacksAndReptiles.com
1 we are in the middle of a complete restoration of our house
2 i am not buying a rack I'm buying an acrylic show display
3 my racks are for breeding purposes not display
4 its the middle of the breeding season for me so racks will start being built again in about 2 months except for our hatchling rack those we will be starting up in the next couple of weeks. but all of our racks are made as ordered and yet yes i do have them for sale pay attention before grilling some one

Old 04-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #32
TattooLost
if it was stolen, it sounds like something you'd need to take up with the shipping company? Out of curiosity, Eric, were you not furnished with a tracking number until yesterday? I don't think any seller accepts responsibility for ups/fedex errors, but I could be wrong.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #33
Eric@RacksAndReptiles.com
no that is the first time he has given us a tracking number or i would have allready known that the package was delivered and yes you are right should be shipping companys responsability if indeed there regulations state that it is to be put out of sight. it would be imposable to leave a package at my front door or any door at my house for that mater and it be out of sight. poor judgement by the driver if this be the case. but again i was only given a tracking number yesterday so going without any response left me to believe that it was not delivered. but ill keep you updated on what happens because even thow it would be the shipping companys fault ac would still have to handle it cause he is the one who paid for shipping.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:23 AM   #34
Masonexotics
If the package has been lost then that would be the shipping companys fault.

However as the seller seems to have shipped this to the buyer without actually informaing them in time to make sure someone can recieve it. It's really no good telling someone you're shipping a couple of days AFTER it was supposed to have been delivered!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:33 AM   #35
TattooLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonexotics View Post
If the package has been lost then that would be the shipping companys fault.

However as the seller seems to have shipped this to the buyer without actually informaing them in time to make sure someone can recieve it. It's really no good telling someone you're shipping a couple of days AFTER it was supposed to have been delivered!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #36
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie691 View Post
Anthony refunded my money when i didn't even ask him to do so. Let me ask you, how was it that you became one of the leading gecko sellers in the industry? Your customer service BLOWS!
I can understand, you came here, read this thread, and got all butt hurt about pissing off a customer, but........... WHO'S fault is that again?
I might have been hasty in the beginning, but this.......... is absolutely ridiculous. I think i'll go spend my money with your competition now, and from here on out. I'll also suggest that anyone i know do the same.

matthew watkins
Talk like that is just gonna get you in trouble---remember?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=127961

Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #37
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
i am a bit confused with your name. racksandreptiles? is it because you have racks and reptiles? just curious bwecause you're buying racks from someone else and have none for sale.
What does this have to do with anything?

I can understand that you want to protect someone that you are a huge fan of---but what's up with being so defensive to the buyer? The guy shelled out cash and didn't know what was up.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #38
brodie691
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
Talk like that is just gonna get you in trouble---remember?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=127961
Eh, not truly worried about the backlash. I know how i treat my customers even though i am just a "small timer", and i know how i want to be treated. I DID act a bit hasty when i first posted on here no doubt, but.......... After i received my initial e:mail from him, you know how he's always "not receiving e:mails", i didn't hear back from him in a week's time. He said that he was going to get right on it... Here are the e:mail's starting from the first to the last.....

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
Mark as Unread | Print
Flag this message
Re: Inquiry from ACReptiles.com
Wednesday, April 1, 2009 1:13 PM
"Anthony Caponetto" <anthony@acreptiles.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
brodie691@yahoo.com
Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry for the delay. It should have been there by Monday at the latest.

Just FYI, Your order came it after noon on Friday March 13, so wouldn't have been started on by the manufacturer until Monday (the 16th). Ten business days from then would have been this past Monday, the 30th.

They don't usually send me tracking numbers unless we run into a problem, so I'll give the manufacturer a call and see what's going on. I know several people got their orders this week and they placed their orders after you, so I'm afraid it may have gotten lost (doesn't happen too often, but it does happen). If that's the case, we'll just re-ship immediately and then I'll deal with making a claim with UPS later.

Don't worry about a thing, though. Worst case scenario we'll ship a replacement order out to you ASAP.

Thanks!
Anthony

On Apr 1, 2009, at 1:00 PM, brodie691@yahoo.com () wrote:

> Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
> (brodie691@yahoo.com) on Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 14:00:40
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> name: Matthew Watkins
>
> comments: Anthony i ordered 2 deli displays on the 13th from you and they still have not arrived on the 1st of april. I was counting on them to make it to me on friday the 27th for a show i had in South Carolina. I have another show this weekend and once again unless this is sent to me i will not again be able to vend. Can you please let me know when i can expect them?
>
> matthew watkins
>
> submit: Send

Add sender to Contacts
To:
brodie691@yahoo.com
Hi Matthew,

I just saw this or I would've replied. I moved all my emails over to a new computer last Sunday and on Monday, I was still getting emails on the old computer (big mess...I basically lost a day and a half worth of emails until I found them just now). Anyways, I'm really sorry about that.

Thanks,
Anthony

On Mar 30, 2009, at 10:57 AM, brodie691@yahoo.com wrote:

> Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
>
> (brodie691@yahoo.com) on Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:57:04
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> name: Matthew Watkins
>
>
>
> comments: Hey Anthony i made an order on the 13th of March for two Deli Cup Displays and have not received them as of today March 30th. I was actually set to vend over this last weekend at the SC Repticon show, and could not do so because my displays never showed up. My order # is: 10437. I SERIOUSLY need those by the end of this week for another show i have coming up.
>
>
>
> Please let me know as to when you can have these shipped out to me.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Matthew Watkins

"Thomas Watkins" <brodie691@yahoo.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
Thank you Anthony i apologize for being so hasty then, as i didn't realize that.
I hope to do more business in the future with you.

Sincerely,

Matthew Watkins

Then on the 8th i sent him this:

Add sender to Contacts
To:
Anthony, still no word on those deli displays...

matthew

Then i come home to these e:mails last night:

Add sender to Contacts
To:
Hi Matthew,

I wish I would have known that before you added to that thread on the BOI. You said it had been a week and I hadn't replied....but up until 11:21pm (when this email arrived), I had no idea that your order wasn't there.

I'm going to refund your money and suggest that you shop elsewhere for your displays.

Thanks,
Anthony

Add sender to Contacts
To:
>> Matthew,
>>
>> As mentioned in my previous email, your order (#10437) has now been cancelled and a refund has been issued through PayPal (Unique Transaction ID #0WR99807H65264735).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anthony

NOT a good way to do business in my opinion. Do i think he's a scammer, NO! Do i think he needs to learn how to treat those of us who decide to do business with him, YES!
I would have gladly paid more to Superior for their displays had i known the real hastle that would ensue. Would i recommend him to anyone else? NO!
Not after this..... I am sure some of his supporters that just think he can do no wrong will come here in support of him, but i think this is ridiculous to do to a customer........ ESPECIALLY one such as myself that tends to spend ALOT of money in this industry.
I tend to value my customers and the way i treat them reflects upon my business.
I think that if he continues to make excuses as i have seen here with the "lost e:mails"/"lost shipments", yada yada yada, it's going to catch up to him and reflect poorly upon his business ventures in the future.
I certainly wouldn't buy an anole from him myself...........

Matthew Watkins

Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #39
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@RacksAndReptiles.com View Post
no that is the first time he has given us a tracking number or i would have allready known that the package was delivered and yes you are right should be shipping companys responsability if indeed there regulations state that it is to be put out of sight. it would be imposable to leave a package at my front door or any door at my house for that mater and it be out of sight. poor judgement by the driver if this be the case. but again i was only given a tracking number yesterday so going without any response left me to believe that it was not delivered. but ill keep you updated on what happens because even thow it would be the shipping companys fault ac would still have to handle it cause he is the one who paid for shipping.
Have you found the rack? If so/if not, have you let Anthony Caponetto know?

While I agree that it's the shipping company's responsibility---notification should have been sent to the recipient so they could have been on the lookout for it. Also as mentioned, the shipper/seller is the one who has to file the claim for insurance.

I'm getting it that Anthony Caponetto is busy--shows, breeding, drop-shipping supplies & keeping them listed online. I also really appreciate someone who can own up to their mistakes and not point the finger at someone else. (Although I do keep chuckling thinking about Mr. Caponetto in his footsie pajamas talking to his college buddy lawyer about suing someone's nuts off...)

Doesn't Anthony Caponetto design websites? Shouldn't some of this be fairly easy to fix?

I think it's too bad that a couple people who ordered products got "dumped" by the seller--but it's a free market--and at least they got their money back. Sellers can fire their customers at any time, I suppose.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #40
mvite
Any updates?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!