Robert (Bob) Mackin.... Hope you don't need it in a hurry?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #11
CheriS
Neil

But I bet you, like me, would be willing to give someone another chance if they acknowledged there had been a problem, made good on it and committed to improving their service and practices in the future/.

Not that you would trust them with a large amounts until they had proven themselves, but everyone makes mistakes, the true character of someone is how they handle themselves when they happen

Old 03-31-2006, 12:34 PM   #12
Neil Gubitz
Cheri.... I will always give someone a second chance, as I've shown so many times in the past on this site, but, when they do ME wrong.... THEY HAVE TO COME TO ME and ask for another chance, I'm certainly NOT going to them.... As I've always said, there are MANY reputable people who carry live moss in their inventory, they won't be that hard to find in this industry....
Robert hasn't contacted me ONCE since I sent my payment, and then he gave me the tracking number in one more email.... but since then, NOTHING.... I have emailed him a couple of times asking for a reason (I don't have a phone number or he would have heard from me long ago).... So, I'm done, unless HE wants to ADD to his business, but I doubt he will....

Neil

Old 03-31-2006, 09:52 PM   #13
liquidleaf
Of course this thread belongs here! I certainly appreciate knowing what Neil went through with a supplier padding shipping costs and implying that the shipment would be faster (ie priority for live moss) just to have it shipped ground and at a delay. This padded shipping wasn't an accident I'm sure, so more than likely others who buy from this guy can expect the same kind of shipping fiasco. No one wants to buy something and have to badger the seller to get them to actually ship it! Thanks for sharing your experience, Neil.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #14
LadyOhh
Indeed, I agree with Lauren.. No matter how small the incidence, the deal went wrong in Neil's eyes, and therefore he felt it necessary to post on the BOI. That is what the BOI is for... Satisfied or unsatisfied customers! I'm glad I know now about this, although I doubt I will ever be in the market for moss... But hey, it is a sharing of information and experiences. I appreciate it when anyone posts a concern. It brings to light things that may not have been shared before.. Now someone else can see that Bob may not be the most professional of fellas and move on.

YAY BOI!

Old 04-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #15
KNOBTAIL
the seller does not care!

Because if he did, he would do something about it! Let him find another outlet to deal in , the herp business is to difficult for these kinds of people to comprehend. Like providing a simple email, or maybe a phone call.

While we are at it, lets blame Neil for not giving the seller another chance...........You cannot teach a person to use common sense in this kind of a scenerio because when a seller does not provide the barest necessities of his own business, like contacting the buyer, then it becomes evident that his days are numbered, and he is willing to accept bad publicity about his own business dealings.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #16
Neil Gubitz
Jerry....

...."While we are at it, lets blame Neil for not giving the seller another chance"....

I'm going to ASSUME you meant, "let's NOT blame Neil"???....

I think you need another cup of coffee.... lol

Since I wrote this thread, jnjreptiles@yahoo.com, had the initiative to contact me and let me know that THEY sell all the live moss I will ever want, at MUCH cheaper prices than I paid.... Thanks, guys....

Neil

Old 04-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #17
jnjreptile
Thanks Neil jnjreptile@yahoo.com

Old 04-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #18
Neil Gubitz
Ooops.... Sorry, Josh.... no "s", huh.... lol

Neil

Old 04-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #19
KNOBTAIL
Hi Neil

What I said was correct, but it was in a response to the post below.

"Neil

But I bet you, like me, would be willing to give someone another chance if they acknowledged there had been a problem, made good on it and committed to improving their service and practices in the future/.

Not that you would trust them with a large amounts until they had proven themselves, but everyone makes mistakes, the true character of someone is how they handle themselves when they happen"

Anyway, hope all is well. Regards, JERRY

Old 04-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #20
Neil Gubitz
Jerry.... How can you possibly say that you BLAME ME for NOT giving him another chance??.... Why should I???.... He has never returned one of my emails since the day I paid him (except for the tracking number in a one-line email).... NOT ONE SINCE??.... Do you really think I would give someone like that another chance to do it to me again??.... Not on your life!!.... Maybe if he was the only guy on earth that was selling live moss, and it was a life and death situation for one of my animals, but not with this many people selling it.... I never realized they DID sell live moss or I would have gone to them in the first place....
I still have a feeling we're on different tracks, cause I KNOW you wouldn't trust him again after INTENTIONALLY ripping you off once??.... Would you??....

Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!