James Skinny or Jennifer Skinny or Jesse Fricker -Where are my 2 Crested Geckos? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #21
jfoster38122
Sandra, don't believe him. He used that same old line with me just to buy some time.

Jerry

Old 04-02-2007, 01:08 AM   #22
LadyGecko
U just want a full refund of the money that I paid him
My life is way too complicated to be dealing with this right now
My 83 yr old mother is having health issues-my dog has bone cancer and my chronic pain is insufferable lately

I just want to resolve this issue-period

Thanks again to everyone for their help kindness- concern and- information
It is greatly appreciated

Sandy

Old 04-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #23
LadyGecko
Excuse me-
That should have read
I just want a full refund........

Sandy

Old 04-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #24
iasc300
Sandy, Im sorry for all the trouble your going through- its the last thing you need- I wish you the best- and take care

Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 AM   #25
jfoster38122
Ok guys I have a question. Apparently no one is responsible for what happens on BB on the internet. I asked for help when this happened to me with Jesse and was told sorry I just set up the board and I can't help. Can the owner of a BB not go to the police and report a theft and get some assistance? Or we on our own? I never thought about it until now but just thought that such a place that did a lot of trading and selling would be a safe place, but it's not a safe place to do business. I checked around before buying from Jesse and there was one post and it was positive ( guess he posted under another name or had a friend do it, more likely it was his wife since I see she is involved now in his scams). In my opinion all of Jesse's ads should have been deleted the minute he said I wouldn't get a refund or the geckos. That way Sandra would have been spared all this crap that she really doesn't need or want to deal with in this difficult time of her life. I have all but given up on getting any thing from Jesse on my part. It just seems stupid that it had to happen again. I also have all but lost any confidence in the and other boards as far as buying anything else that is not within driving distance of me. I am NOT sorry if I stepped on any toes here for this post. I just feel like I was left out in the cold to fend for myself and now Sandra is facing the same thing. BTW Jesse sent me a PM saying he adopted out the crested that I paid him for.

Jerry

Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #26
jfoster38122
Sandy I am very sorry for the trouble you have gone through. And I am also sorry that your fur baby is sick.

Jerry

Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 AM   #27
jfoster38122
And what happened to along with ownership comes resposibility? Someone ownes this site, but no one is resposible for what goes on here?

Old 04-02-2007, 02:24 AM   #28
hhmoore
Come on, Jerry, that is like saying the owner of the newpaper (free press, Craig's list, Want Ad Digest, or what ever other advertising media) is responsible for transactions made as a result of an ad they carried. Keep in mind that, at the time, it was free to post ads here. A great service offered, but, unfortunately, one easily taken advantage of. Paid advertising will cut back on some of it, but not all, as long as people continue to get sucked in enough to make the cost justified.

Yes, it sucks that you got ripped off, but the blame lies with James/Jesse - NOT with FaunaClassifieds or its owner/administrator.
I do understand your point, though; and yes, it would be nice if there was a good, effective way to weed out the known scammers. Unfortunately, it is too often a case of he said/she said. A system that could not be readily, and fairly applied to all is already too flawed to make feasible.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #29
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster38122
I just feel like I was left out in the cold to fend for myself and now Sandra is facing the same thing. BTW Jesse sent me a PM saying he adopted out the crested that I paid him for.

Jerry
Heck, I put some time in on your thread. Many here have also done so and made other sites aware of this person. We can't file the police reports for you.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #30
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster38122
Ok guys I have a question. Apparently no one is responsible for what happens on BB on the internet. I asked for help when this happened to me with Jesse and was told sorry I just set up the board and I can't help. Can the owner of a BB not go to the police and report a theft and get some assistance? Or we on our own? I never thought about it until now but just thought that such a place that did a lot of trading and selling would be a safe place, but it's not a safe place to do business.

Jerry

Why should the owner of the board have to fix your problem? The owner didn't place the ad - jesse did. The owner didn't respond to the ad - you did. You are the one that took the risk by responding to an ad through the internet. Buyer beware. If you want to get some results why don't you be the one responsible for contacting the authorities where Jesse lives and tell the police in his jurisdiction your story and file criminal charges against him. Or get a lawyer to do that work for ya.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!