Dusting? How Many Times? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Johnstud56
Dusting? How Many Times?

How many times a week do I dust with d3 if I use a UVB light & also do I use calcium without d3? I have BOTH. I feed a variety of insects and greens. Somedays Dubia... or Superworms... or Butterworms. Just depends. I think he will LOVE dubia.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
Rud3Bwoy
dust 5 times with the pink bottle and 2 with the blue

now butter worms don't need dusting,dubias should,crickets should,not sure about supers etc but pretty sure they do.

as your dragon gets older into adult hood i believe the dusting gets cut down a bit

phoneix/repti worms also don't need dusting

Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
DNA Dragons
I dust everyfeeding with d3 and calcium, with uvb. I have had x-rays taken too, and the bone density is great with the smallest of bones being recognizable on an X-ray. The vets are always impressed.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Rud3Bwoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Dragons View Post
I dust everyfeeding with d3 and calcium, with uvb. I have had x-rays taken too, and the bone density is great with the smallest of bones being recognizable on an X-ray. The vets are always impressed.
Both bottles mixed every day for every feeding?

Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
DNA Dragons
I use flukers calcium, it is much finer and almost 100% sticks to the insects, Rep Cal was the lesser in my experience. Both great; however from experience I use flukers. I use human multi-vitamins grinded than mixed within my calcium powder 2-3 times a week.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
dden
I also use calcium with D3 and dust every feeding...

Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Brandon Roesler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Dragons View Post
I use flukers calcium, it is much finer and almost 100% sticks to the insects, Rep Cal was the lesser in my experience. Both great; however from experience I use flukers. I use human multi-vitamins grinded than mixed within my calcium powder 2-3 times a week.
I agree with you about Flukers and I also dust every feeding and that is incredibly interesting about the multi-vitamin Clay, good idea. Which one do you use?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
DJ Dragons
We alternate every other day between regular calcium and calcium w / D3 and provide vitamins once per week.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Roesler View Post
I agree with you about Flukers and I also dust every feeding and that is incredibly interesting about the multi-vitamin Clay, good idea. Which one do you use?
One a day multi. I am trying to get thru the bottle then I will use one more suited for general purpose. I have read that the multi-vitamins typically used for pets/reptiles/specifically lizards are a joke and don't actually contain the real levels of vitamins indicated/implied. The human grade industry is much more regulated and are actually human grade-vitamins that are manufactured/packaged in appropriate facilities *we can only hope. For the most part the vitamin levels are self balancing in the body, so they will pass any that go unused, but I doubt they even get enough as it is only what will stick to an insect from one pill. I am messing around with the best way to deliver it to the dragons. Looking into super foods and Josh D. pointed out spirulina, I may just go the all natural route?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #10
Brandon Roesler
Yeah I saw that spirulina post he made. Going to investigate that a little more. I would like to see what I can do for this white eye male I just got too, I really don't think there is anything wrong with him but josh made a decent point about deficiency being probable, I just wasn't quite sure what he meant about "removing it from my colony" so I assumed the worst, that's why I scooped it up when i did. I think he is a handsome dragon, I don't have a want or need to add him to my program but would like to see if with a proper diet and higher levels of Vitamins if the eye color changes at all. You said A and B3 boosts for it or was that comment about yours that you just got from Jo?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!