Beware- Bad Guys/gals: Robert Lambskein ; Scott Robbins ; Alex And Pamela Hoss! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
PAUL BOLLINGER
Thumbs down Beware- Bad Guys/gals: Robert Lambskein ; Scott Robbins ; Alex And Pamela Hoss!

Hello all,
As a precursor to this bad guy post I'd like to state that although the transaction in question is not directly involving reptiles, the parties involved have expressed intentions of selling both their Tarantula and Colubrid collection. With this in mind please take the following post to heart because if you attempt to do business with, or already have, YOU WILL BE RIPPED OFF.... Take it from a sucker. Well here's how everything happened.

I was contacted by Robert (Robby) Lambskein by e-mail requesting my phone # so that he could call me IRT a mature male Brachypelma boehmei he had for sale. (He said) that he had to sell both his Tarantula (seen below) and Colubrid collection (mainly Kings and corns) I told him that all I was interested in was the tarantula but to send his spider list and If I wanted to get something else I would at least have a list to go by.. He gave me a long sob story about how he was going through a divorce and that there were children involved. Well, having been a child in a broken family I took the bait hook, line and sinker even spoke to him for nearly an hour essentially sympathizing with his situation...An MO that others that have been taken by as well. Here's the e-mail he sent me after we got off of the phone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>-----Original Message-----
> > > > > > > >From: "Robert Lambskein" <robertlambskein@hotmail.com>
> > > > > > > >Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 1:12 AM
> > > > > > > >To: "CBherper@hotmail.com" <CBherper@hotmail.com>
> > > > > > > >Subject: Brachypelma boehmei male
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Hi Paul,
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Its Rob just had a good talk with you....
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Please send payment to :
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Scott G. Robbins
> > > > > > > >386 Taunton Ave
> > > > > > > >Seekonk, MA, 02771
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >**Diff name so my wife doesn't know im making anything off the animals, she'd want part of it!!
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Here is a list of some of what is for sale, more may be going up next week if I defnitely don't get the apartment I am looking at ..... Thanks agian....
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >1 A.bicoloratum lg $75.00
> > > > > > > >1 B.albopilosum lg $15.00
> > > > > > > >1 B.auratum 4" male $50.00
> > > > > > > >1 B.emilia 3.5" female $50.00
> > > > > > > >1 C.cyanopubescens 5" BEAUTY!!! PRIDE AND JOY!! $100.00
> > > > > > > >1 E.cyanognathus 3.25" female $100.00
> > > > > > > >2 E.cyanognathus 2.5" unsexed $50.00 each
> > > > > > > >1 G.pulchra large female $90.00
> > > > > > > >1 G.aueroatriata large female $65.00
> > > > > > > >1 H.lividum $20.00
> > > > > > > >2 H.minax, GENUINE!! HUGE FEMALES 8", purhcased from Regal Reptiles 2-3 years ago...only suspected GENUINE H.minax in the country, ask Volker, he has a photo from Regal of the animals...$75 Each... thats what I purchased them from Regal serveral years ago, I believe they are worth alot more...
> > > > > > > >1 Lampropelma nigerimum...Borneo Orange Fringe...another very rare import that came from Regal...$100.00 PD. $150!!!
> > > > > > > >2 Selenocosmia Dichrmata / Arndsti ?? Rumor is Pat or Todd confused the species...so I don't know which I have... $90.00 each females...
> > > > > > > >1 Poecilotheria ornata lg $45.00 male....
> > > > > > > >1 Psalmopeous irminia lg $75.00
> > > > > > > >1 Tapinauchenius gigas lg $80.00 female
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Alrighty Paul, Thanks for your help, I'll talk toy ou soon!!
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Rob

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the next day I sent the postal money order out priority. I paid an extra 5.20 for receipt confirmation and sent him this.....

> > > > > > > >To: "Robert Lambskein" <robertlambskein@hotmail.com>
> > > > > > > >Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
> > > > > > > >Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:22:05 -0800
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >Rob. I sent the mo out today priority. Thanks, Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>From: "Robert Lambskein" <robertlambskein@hotmail.com>
> > > > > > >To: cbherper@hotmail.com
> > > > > > >Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
> > > > > > >Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:30:49 +0000
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >Thanks Paul!
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >Robby

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > > > >To: robertlambskein@hotmail.com
> > > > > >Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
> > > > > >Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:40:44 -0600
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Rob, I was wondering if you received my payment. thanks,
> > > > > >Paul Bollinger

> > > > >To: cbherper@hotmail.com
> > > > >Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
> > > > >Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:42:02 +0000
> > > > >
> > > > >Paul,
> > > > >
> > > > >My friend recieved two payments today, I am going over his house early tommorow morning, if yours is one of them we will be shipping tommorow, I will e-mail you with a tracking number tommorow ifthis is the case, if you dont get an e-mail from me, e-mail me I might have forgotten...
> > > > >
> > > > >Thanks,
> > > > >
> > > > >Robby

> > > >To: robertlambskein@hotmail.com
> > > >Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
> > > >Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:57:03 -0600
> > > >
> > > >Hey Robert,
> > > >Did you find out if one of the payments he received was the one I sent you?
> > > >Paul Bollinger

>From: "Robert Lambskein" <robertlambskein@hotmail.com>
> > >To: cbherper@hotmail.com
> > >Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
> > >Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:09:36 +0000
> > >
> > >Hi Paul,
> > >
> > >yes i just found out an hour ago it was....I am shipping tommorow you'll have him on Thursday...
> > >
> > >I'll have airobrne or UPS (don't know which way im shipping yet) send you a tracking nubmer via e-mail...
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >
> > >Robby

Well Thursday and Friday pass so I e-mailed him on Saturday.........

> >To: robertlambskein@hotmail.com
> >Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
> >Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 06:07:24 -0600
> >
> >Rob,
> >I haven't received a tracking number or package from you. I'm starting to get concerned. Please let me know the status of our transaction.
> >thanks,
> >Paul Bollinger
> >
>To: cbherper@hotmail.com
>Subject: RE: Brachypelma boehmei male
>Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:14:28 +0000
>
>Paul,
>
>If you could give me until monday that would be great, having a rough weekend here,
>
>is that ok?
>
>Robby

That was the last e-mail he sent me and was also the last communication from him. So I sent...

Robert,
Shipping out today is no problem, I was worried that I might have joined the ranks of those who have been taken through internet deals, I don't know you but, I understand your situation, at least what you've told me. Please excuse my bluntness in the prior e-mail however I'm sure you understand my position as well....80$ on a military budget is costly, LOL. Please e-mail me the tracking # and the carrier that you've chosen and when I should expect my new boehmei.
Thanks and take care,
Paul Bollinger
Rob, this has gone on long enough. I am going to the post office tomorrow to file a complaint, FYI, mail fraud is a federal offense whether it's a stamp or 1,000,000. I am an honest person. AT A MINIMUM, I EXPECT THE SAME FROM YOU. Also, I will be filing a complaint for internet fraud since you initiated this crime via internet. At this point, I would like a refund NOT AN EXCUSE. Make this right.
Paul Bollinger

Well you all can see how this has panned out I feel lucky that this is the first time that I have been taken, supposedly the post master in Seekonk is compiling all of these cases and will be turning it over to the FBI. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but there has been 10+ others who have been scammed by this Jerk. I want to let all of you know there is another one out there...

Casting of characters.....
Rob (Robby) Lambskein..initiator of the deal
Scott Robbins...partner in crime , the one that cashes the M.O.'s
Alex & Pamela Hoss....addy that M.O.'s are sent to if not to the above.

If anyone has already been approached or has initiated business with this crew please e-mail me. There are quite a few others besides myself who are not letting this one slide.

Thanks and take care,
Paul Bollinger

Old 02-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #2
KNOBTAIL
This is a terrible ordeal for you to go through

but my take on this is, when you see someone who is in dire straits to sell off his merchandize, you should be in the drivers seat, and set the terms, not him. Had I been you, I would have told him to ship first and that you would mail him the monies upon receipt.! He would only have one of two choices. Either ship you as a customer that would lighten his own financial burden, or find someone else. Regretably, he took control of the deal, and made you vulnerable, and now you took the loss. I am sorry for your loss. This bum should be in jail.

Old 02-14-2004, 06:17 PM   #3
PAUL BOLLINGER
Well,

You're right, But, hind-sight is 20/20. Obviously this joker has a little experience with scamming. I'm a little disappointed with myself, As I'm sure most do, I consider myself a good judge of character. This one duped me. Unfortunately Karma doesn't have a overnight delivery service but with any luck and a few pissed-off, determined people, we'll get him. Ya'll take care, I'll keep ya posted on any progress.

Old 02-15-2004, 06:07 AM   #4
PAUL BOLLINGER
Here's a link to the others that have been taken by this group.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/show...threadid=20986

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!