Bad Guy Beware Evan Stahl from Stahl Reptiles! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
Smenger
Thumbs down Beware Evan Stahl from Stahl Reptiles!

Buyers Watch out for Evan Stahl from Stahl reptiles!!! I started my purchase February 11 2013 paid in full the following week when the next day was clear to ship, after he demanded he be payed or he would refund my money and resell the animals. Even though I was not comfortable doing this with our a confirmed ship date I sent the payment so I wouldn't miss out on a good deal. The communication was great, of course until all his money was received, after It was pulling teeth to even get a response on a email! Mid march I requested I be refunded for my purchase for 800 and was told I would not receive a refund I would get my animals when I got them. I waited another week with failed communication and filed a dispute with PayPal for my money back. They did not grant my refund and his response when I asked if I was getting my animals or money was no way was I getting my animals which were paid for and I would get a refund when I got it. It's been OVER two months now and out 800 no animals not money back NOTHING. This is the kind of business he is running STEALING money and not providing animals!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
chadharper
Sierra, can you provide screenshots of the ad, the animal you putrchased, the paypal transaction and why did paypal deny your claim?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
Smenger
How do I upload photos on here? I am using a phone.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
Smenger
But yes I can provide all documentation. PayPal did not give me a reason just said it was not closed in my favor

Old 04-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
hhmoore
We're you within the 45 day window in which you are allowed to file a claim?
(That's the most obvious reason to be quickly declined when the seller hasn't shipped)

Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #6
Smenger
Yes I was with in the time frame. They said once the dispute was open he had 14 days to respond, he did so on day 12 an PayPal ruled in his favor with no specific reason sent. Just the normal filed incorrectly incomplete outside of terms and services email. I know it was filed correctly and complete ect I did it over the phone with an agent.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #7
Fangthane
THIS THREAD will show you how to attach photos. You should also include any relevant texts/emails that were sent. Especially anything that may show him acting in a petty, unprofessional manner. Such as making statements like, "you'll get it when you get it," etc. Don't forget to edit out any profanity.

At any point before your request for a refund, did he actually give you a projected shipping date, or even any excuses as to why he hadn't already shipped? Did he specifically tell you that he needed you to wait until X date before he'd be able to ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
We're you within the 45 day window in which you are allowed to file a claim?
(That's the most obvious reason to be quickly declined when the seller hasn't shipped)
Based on what I've seen from several recent threads, it'd seem that PayPal is more stringently enforcing their lack of support for animal sales. It doesn't seem like anyone's had much luck winning animal-related claims, even when there was absolutely nothing shipped.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #8
RichsBallPythons
If you paid with your bank though PayPal. Call the bank in the AM and you will get the money back, which they will TAKE from him and override paypal.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
chadharper
Is the same guy selling higher end BP morphs on KS?

Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #10
Smenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadharper View Post
Is the same guy selling higher end BP morphs on KS?
Yes he is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!