High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 141 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #1401
Serafim
Its hard to make a comparison when nobody has posted a clear picture of David/ Damons wife.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #1402
Suncoast Herpetological
To the best of anyone's knowledge, has HEH ever set up at a show?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #1403
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
I've never seen them...nor ever heard of anyone else seeing them.

They've never been on a vendor list for any shows either. Not that I've seen at least.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #1404
snake5007
Hahaha! Wouldn't his customers or show organisers have posted by now if they knew or saw him? Especially if you've been around for three decades, eh Damon?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #1405
crotalusadamanteus
Look at that photo again. Look close at the upper left corner. Now with an open mind, tell me, what color is that hair? Me thinks it's brown, and I think it's just put in a pony tail. But the skin does look pretty young.

Could be wrong, but that's how it grabs me.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #1406
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebomason
I am posting because of several things. One being I have done business with 'David. Ravens_Momma has posted pics of animals I sold to 'David', that he posted on KS.

The deal started out as most do. And the correspondance was fine. But I was already well aware of what accusations surrounded HEH and their owners. More aware than the average person. But I decided to do the deal because it benefited my curent sitauation with my male/female ratios at the time. We agreed upon a price, then got into shipping. I personally wasn't keen on shipping that large number of snakes via a ground carrier. But David stated it was too much trouble for him to pick them up via an airport. So after almost shipping via ground carrier. I finally talked him into meeting, he wasn't so keen about taht at first in my own impression. Finally we agreed to meet. HE sent Poastal money orders, that I asked that thye clear before calling it all good. My bank took almost two weeks to assure me they were good, since many fake M.O's are sent through. David got a little agitated at this, but I told him I was waiting on my banks say so. Finally I got the go ahead.

One thing that caught my attentin was david was somewhat concerned about whether I'd be traveling alone or not. I assured him I would be. He assured me he would be alone as well. Ok fine. After trying to find a day we agreed on a Sunday morning to meet in Shreveport,LA.Which is about a 2.5 hour drive for me. He stated it was about teh same from him. Then once on the road I assumed he called me from a cell phone, turns out its a pay phone , he was laready where we were supposed to meet.

Well we met up. David seemed ina bit of a rush. he didn't even want to check each animal. I wasn't going to let him just take em and then possibly say all weren't given to him later. So I pulled each tub out and open accounting for each animal in the deal. He didn't closely lok at anyone animal, just stated 'yeah they look fine'. Shook hands and he left. Maybe a total of 15-20 minutes to complete the transaction of animals from me to him. Kinda of odd on a deal that was a decent amount of money. But hey it was his money,lol. I knew my niamls were fine.

then a few days later he calls and has an issue with one burm , he sent a pic I replaced the animal no questions asked, told him to keep the animal with problems. No biggie. Done deal.

Then I start see'ing him post pics of some of MY animals for sale on KS. I produced these animals and knew each one. His pics were OBVIOUOSLY altered. I know for fact the colors on each animal are not correct or true representation of that snake. As ravens_momma pointed out. Well he came to a forum i am a MOd at. he posted pics of several animls. Well the members there who had no previous knowledge of who he was called him out on it. Short story, his threads went the same way this one did. And every other thread he's part of about his animsl and pics. HE then contacted me and the owner of the site stating he was being attacked and unjustly accused. Once the owner responded and banned him for basically trolling for sales he personally e-mailled me. Calliing me a "Coward" for not coming to his defense. Well I had duties as a mod to only interfere if rules or guidleines were broken, none were per myself or the owner of the site So the threads stayed. I was then midly threatened that I had made grievous and terrible errors by my actions or lack of actions,lol! I replied asking him not to ever e-mail me again with velied threats or similar actions. The e-mails ceased thankfully.

One would think someone purchasing animals from somone then giong to a forum that person had also sold many animals on andposted many pics of the smae animals he acquired would knkow better than to post altered pics! LMAO! yet he did so, and got railed about it.

So for anyone to deny his altering of pics is just kicking a dead horse.

I know those animals, THOSE PICS ARE ALTERED FOLKS!

Another funny thing about our deal. David did not show up alone! he wife was with him! BIg surprise rigtht? My red light went up when someone is so concerned about me being alone and he assuring me that he would be alone. Then goes back on that assurance and shows up with somene whether male or female. Not that I cared. Even htough how was to know I wasn'r being set up for something bad? With the accusatins he's been tied or possibly tied to?

Well David here;s anewsflash for you and everyone here. Whether it amkes me look bad or not so be it. I WAS NOT ALONE BRO! I'm not stupid, when someone makes red flags come up aksing often that if I'm GOING TO BE ALONE, guess what I;m not taking the chance of getting taken whether jumped or robbed of my peronal effects. My brother was rigth across the way, just in case something went fishy! Wrong ? maybe so, but you recieved the animls frm me alone he was not present in that exact moment. So take it as it is. Your actions called for me to take necesary actions to make sure all went honestly. If nohting fishy was said or asked I would have confidently came alone.

And now since you felt it necessary to berate me in an e-mail for not dfending altered pics and and altered pics of animals I sold to you I choose to stte my dealings with you here. yes a big part of it went fine. but much of it left me to wonder what was really going on in the big picture. but this thread makes alot of it make sense now. Someone with something to hide would be wary of other folks other than ONE person see'ing their face. MAKES TOTAL SENSE TO ME!

You can set all to rest on your true identity. but the fact you are misprepresenting animals of yours, others you've purchased from; and ANIMAL I PRODUCED is not debatable. BECAUSE I KNOW THOSE SNAKES. No questions asked, unless someone just enjoys arguing a mute point.

I may have left something out or statements that need more dteial. I'm more than happy to answer any questions. I have nothing to hide. i sold him snakes, one had issues, it was replced within two days. So my side of the deal is done.
David you were asking if we can come up with at least one person you have scammed. Well, selling animals that were not produced by you as your own is a scam. Selling animals with obvioously doctored pics is a scam. Oh yeah. You website talks BADLY about all these "peddlers" who sell other people's animals. But isn't that what you did with bebo's animals?

Old 10-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #1407
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by High End Herps Inc
But it hasn’t. This hasn’t impacted my life or my business the way they’d like for it to have done one bit. The only people not buying from me is THEM, lol…. people who wouldn’t be buying from me anyway, thread or no thread. And that fact pisses them OFF.
Well David, below is just one example of numerous letters I have received.
I think it is time for me to show you the impactwe are making.
So I will let you take a peak at that ONE.
And there are other customers who did not write to me but have posted in this thread. Perhaps if you stop to read your thread, page by page...... perhaps you will see them. then there are the numerous ones who have not written to me and who have not posted.. who knows how many those are.

Actually I would have posted more for you to see. But I had to make room in my PM basket. and that was just from 2007. I have forgotten how many wrote me from 2006.

Quote:
Thanks cause if it were not for you i was about to look into purchasing a snake from him. I am new to this industry and got a little suspicious about some of the stuff on his site. I then did a search that brought up this forum. I will admitt that i was a little hesitant to believe some of the things i read at first wanting to give this man the benefit of the doubt. Well I was even willing to put aside all the info given until i read further and noticed him side stepping questions that any really honest business man would have be quick to answer. I then went on to read further and as the pile of evidence grew so did my suspicions that this was not a person i would really want to do business with. I have purchase snakes from one breeder in new orleans, XXXXXXXXX, I bought from these guys for one reason. They were not scared to invite me into their facility which happens to be a room in there house. Yet they were not afraid to have someone come by. IE Honest business people don't have to hide. Thanks for everything you have done and for protecting naive people like myself. Keep up the good work and I wish you all the luck with whatever road life takes you down. Feel free to post this just don't not include the breeders name as I am sure they would not want to be involve with a thread linked back to dishonest david.
thanks again
XXXXXXXXX
Quote:
Never seen them, never heard of them. Never heard their names mentioned by anyone. Not a signle post from a customer ANYWHERE before 2005. That is, until they appeard one or two months after damon disappeared.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:06 PM   #1408
DThomas
Ritchie,

You are going to have to name the person that sent you that PM. You know anonymous 3rd party quotes are not allowed.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #1409
ShaunMAuth
Well here i am I was the one to post that PM to Luna I am not scared of you david and i'm still waiting to see your facilities. Thanks for showing me personally what kind of person you really are.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #1410
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Ritchie,

You are going to have to name the person that sent you that PM. You know anonymous 3rd party quotes are not allowed.
whoops I forgot. sorry about that.

well that is him that posted after you and right before this one

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart