Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
I did not force water into the snake. I used a small piece of tubing to get some water into her mouth. That is not what caused this. Actually thats probably why she is still alive right now. She was dehydrated because when I put water onto her skin the dimples went away. What stress did I cause her to make her neurological problem worse? When I got the package from rob the temperature was 110 degrees inside the box I check it with my IR gun could that have been it? She seemed ok when I got her even with the 110 degree temp

I find it hard to believe a Heat pack in temps below 60 would give a box temp of 110F when up in a plane. Unless this package was left out in a warm area, or on a truck floor near heat, i dont see the temps hitting that during winter months.

And 110 isnt all that hot to cause that much of a overheat in winter for a less than 24hour transit shipment! Some shipments during summer are exposed to them temps in the semi trailers and hubs and arrive fine.

But what you did with the water was unnecessary, and I dont see putting water on the skin causing anything to happen instantly. Takes hours to days for dehydration to go away.

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles