Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #101
laterob
Thomas, I know I sound like a broken record. The snake ate a F/T mouse on her own on Saturday, Dec. 22. On Sunday, you thought she looked dehydrated, so you forced her to drink. Within a minute of that, you said she peed and pooped, which means she wasn't dehydrated.

We have shifted from IBD to not honoring a warrantee to stargazing.

One more time...what happened between Saturday and now?

My opinion is that you overheated/ almost drowned her. Once again, I look forward to the vet's report.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #102
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
None made direct contact. Some of them are in the video. All doing fine so far. This is the only one I am having problems with.
Doesn't need to be direct contact. Normal flora in one animal's previous environment may be detrimental to another animal who has no immunity against it. That's why any responsible breeder is going to routinely quarantine anything that comes into their facility. Your video shows that you don't practice quarantine of any sort. You claim you know a lot about ball pythons, but your actions speak way louder.

Do you not see how the scale is tipping towards you as being the reason the snake is acting the way it is? The only reason Rob is going to be on the hook here is because of his terms that he guarantees complete satisfaction. That's a wonderful thing for a seller to offer, but also something the unscrupulous will take advantage of.

I've done business with Rob several times, never had a problem with the guy. He's always been easy to work with, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for animals.

For goodness' sake, set her up in a proper tub with water dish and hide on some heat and stop fussing with her to take videos. You're adding stress to what she's already going through, which isn't making her situation any better.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #103
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Thomas, I know I sound like a broken record. The snake ate a F/T mouse on her own on Saturday, Dec. 22. On Sunday, you thought she looked dehydrated, so you forced her to drink. Within a minute of that, you said she peed and pooped, which means she wasn't dehydrated.

We have shifted from IBD to not honoring a warrantee to stargazing.

One more time...what happened between Saturday and now?

My opinion is that you overheated/ almost drowned her. Once again, I look forward to the vet's report.
I showed you my setup and its on 88 degrees and I also have the IR gun to verify that. I also told you this was before I attempted to give her water into her mouth. Ove course your going to have an opinion that is anti to mind you want to keep the money. I understand that. I am asking that you do the right thing. No one on this forum would be happy with this snake. It is said we are talking about a precious animal like this, but theres a business aspect we got to deal with I am sure u understand that.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #104
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
I don't really have a side. All I have is a sick snake and I just want rob to make good on what he originally told me (he was going to take her back after christmas). I am taking the snake to the vet because I need confirmation that she is I'll if I need to get my money back by some other means. It don't matter sides or what people said, all that matters is what he said in his advertisement. Even if It was healthy I could still not be happy with her and return her.

I would actually have a similar policy when selling a snake. I want the customer to be happy. These snakes are not indestructible, I am aware of that. But in my 2 years of keeping snakes I have learned quite a few things. If this was my first snake maybe he would have a point. I would not even know if I messed up for not. But when you get a bunch at the same time housed in the same conditions and one all of a sudden gets very sick. It's that snake. The control was built in when I got a bunch at the same time housed in exactly the same conditions. What rob is doing is making a big deal out of this which just looks bad. You people think that I can't keep snakes or I don't know what you think. When rob goes to sell another snake people are going to see this. I got a bad one. It happens.
HMM so you got a bunch of snakes in same time, did you quarantine them away from one another or toss them in the same room in the same Rack.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #105
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Doesn't need to be direct contact. Normal flora in one animal's previous environment may be detrimental to another animal who has no immunity against it. That's why any responsible breeder is going to routinely quarantine anything that comes into their facility. Your video shows that you don't practice quarantine of any sort. You claim you know a lot about ball pythons, but your actions speak way louder.

Do you not see how the scale is tipping towards you as being the reason the snake is acting the way it is? The only reason Rob is going to be on the hook here is because of his terms that he guarantees complete satisfaction. That's a wonderful thing for a seller to offer, but also something the unscrupulous will take advantage of.

I've done business with Rob several times, never had a problem with the guy. He's always been easy to work with, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for animals.

For goodness' sake, set her up in a proper tub with water dish and hide on some heat and stop fussing with her to take videos. You're adding stress to what she's already going through, which isn't making her situation any better.
He was a pleasure to deal with up until this issue. I am not touching her for the rest of the night she is in a warm place. That room I showed you is my quarantine room. I cannot quarantine every snake in a different room I don't have enough rooms for that.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #106
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
HMM so you got a bunch of snakes in same time, did you quarantine them away from one another or toss them in the same room in the same Rack.
Your the one saying it's not IBD so therefor there should not be a need for that right? I am doing it anyway.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #107
chadharper
Quote:
I showed you my setup and its on 88 degrees and I also have the IR gun to verify that. I also told you this was before I attempted to give her water into her mouth. Ove course your going to have an opinion that is anti to mind you want to keep the money. I understand that. I am asking that you do the right thing. No one on this forum would be happy with this snake. It is said we are talking about a precious animal like this, but theres a business aspect we got to deal with I am sure u understand that.

That is not true and just goes to further show how much of an ******* you are. This isnt just a business, this is most peoples passion. I have sent the seller a PM telling him that if he you do send the snake back then I will be GLAD to give it a PERMANENT home where it can receive the care and attention it deserves!

The only thing you manages to get right is you ruined a 500.00 snake.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #108
laterob
Thomas, what happened between Saturday and Sunday? Was she in the rack with others or in your quarantine room?

Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #109
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Thomas, what happened between Saturday and Sunday? Was she in the rack with others or in your quarantine room?
She is in my quarantine room. Are your pythons in the same room with your boas?

I changed her water on friday. Then on saturday I feed her a small mouse. Sunday I went to check on her and she was twisted up and looked very dehydrated. That was when I put a moist paper towel in her hide. I left her for a few hours. She did not improve. I then did the water thing that every one is getting so worked up about. Only a slight improvement today, still not acting normal.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #110
aeterrabyte
Because boas can be a symptomatic carriers and pythons are the ones that show the illness. Did you handle your boas before you sent her to me?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles