Tom and an offer that sounds too good to be true - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
akaangela
Tom and an offer that sounds too good to be true

I have been looking and looking for an albino female ball python for some time (one that I can afford). I found an add that offered a female 05 100% with paper work for only $500 + shipping. The person advertising name is Tom and he wants a money order. I don't like sending money orders. Am I being too careful and letting a great deal go? Is this a too good to be true offer? Every 100% female I have seen has been 600 (mostly 700) or more.

I have another offer (more believable) from another person for a 66% het female ball for $250. Should I gamble on what I hope to get or what I know is a more "real" offer?

Angela Adams

Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
akaangela
The 100% is offered by Tom Cowell in NJ. I was only able to pull up one post on him and it was positive.

Angela Adams

Old 08-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
Chris@TSE
never heard of him.... sorry. sounds a bit too good to be true but then again there are always circumstances where people need to move things for a loss to pay bills and such... just use some caution and try to get him to provide references. If not I'd rather pay a bit more elsewhere to be certain. Good luck.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
jaamkrell
Is it Tom Cowell in NJ or another Tom??

Tom Cowell in NJ is a great guy and sells beautiful snakes. You may never have heard of him because he isn't a "Big Time" breeder. If you look at his web site you see he has a limited inventory. I purchased 10 snakes from him last year in a package deal. He shipped right away when he said he would. The snakes were packaged perfectly and arrived 100% healthy. I got the 10 snakes for a deal that seemed too good to be true. After talking with him on the telephone several times I decided I could trust him. It is hard to trust people with so many scammers out there. I was extremely pleased with the beautiful snakes that he sent me. Tom has references and at least one of them is a "Big Time" breeder who will vouch for him. I would definitely buy the het from him and not lose any sleep over it. He even has the photo documentation on his website. I hope this helps you.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
Chris@TSE
Cool, its nice when someone is actually able to confirm an inquiry. Whats his website?

Old 08-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
mrangelod
Tom is the best!!!No worries at all,he was a nervous wreck until his shipment to me arrived of quality Ball Pythoins.A.P.DIPASQUALE

Old 08-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
eddie1976
http://members.aol.com/tomsballsnj/

This is his site.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
jaamkrell
He has a homemade aol website http://members.aol.com/tomsballsnj/

I contacted Joe Compel who vouched for him before I bought from him. Everyone who enjoys this hobby knows how hard and scary it is to put your trust out there. I actually asked Tom last week about holding a het albino pair for me for a month but he has alot of inquiries on them and I don't have the cash on hand at this time. This forum has saved me from losing money several times so I like to put out the names of people who do good.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #9
jaamkrell
By the way my name is Jacob Krell. My signature didn't show on my posts.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #10
Chris@TSE
Nice site. Im surprised I had not heard of him! Sometimes the smaller breeders are the best ones. Good pricing and they do it for the love of the hobby, to simply cover the cost of keeping the animals they love

Sounds reputable to me. Let usk now how your deal goes!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!