field herping in the city... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
facedownthedemons
field herping in the city...

I am new to the forum and I would like to tell you about my experiences so far. On my field herping adventures in the city so far I have found many feral felids (also known as cats), I just obseve them as it is not good to get to close, and they run off anyway.

The animals I have collected are a 2.2 group of a mother feline and 3 baby "kittens" that were abandoned under a porch for a few months, and in bad shape. While herping in a field I have also found an abandoned 0.1 Mustela Putoris Furo (ferret) which have been domesticated longer than felines, the date I found him was 06/06/06

I've already given away all but 2 kittens to experienced keepers. Hopefully I won't get busted for taking the wild life out of its habitat. I've observed the kittens for a while and find they like to look out of the window. I'll probaby just return the kittens back to the wide open streets and highways where they belong, and where they can play with as many plastic bags and chase their tail as much as they want, someday...

Old 06-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
Junkyard
If you are going to domesticate wild kittens, please do not return them to the wild. If you cannot find homes for them, then please take them to a shelter, people are always looking for kittens over adult cats and they are adopted out far quicker. Cats have a lot more plastic bags to play with in a home compared to the streets.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
facedownthedemons
I wasn't serious, sorry I have a very sarcastic nature, I would never do that. If I rescued them do you really think I would put them back on the street?

Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
Junkyard
You tell me. You know sarcasm sometimes does not come through when reading and I certainly missed yours.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
facedownthedemons
sorry about that, I'll tone it down a bit ^_^;

Old 06-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
Junkyard
Don't get me wrong, I love sarcasm, it is just the presentation of it that makes it worth a great laugh or a simple chuckle. Also with you being new, I was not sure how to take it. Welcome to Fauna and enjoy your stay, this is a great place where you can see incredible animals, meet good people, get into trouble, and make fun of PETA.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
facedownthedemons
lmao yeah, thanks. I hate PETA they are a bunch of hypocrites. Pet lovers will send them donations and all the money goes towards letting every cat, dog, and snake back out in the wild for their own personal agenda (literally)

Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #8
Junkyard
That and the money goes to the killing of animals because they are not an organization capable of adopting them out. So far their track record proves they do more harm then good. But that is off topic...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!