Dave Colling: Great Guy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #11
TimSL
I dont post to much here but when it comes to Dave there isnt a better guy, He takes amazing care of all his animals very promt with emails very healthy healthy animals just all around great guy and then some. I have bought from him before and plan to do so plenty of times in the future. if you are looking for quality healthy animals from a honest guy dave is your man not to mention even his low quality rainbows are above most of the rest on the market

Old 11-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
MLynch
I purchased a BRB from Dave on 8/9/09 (the day after my previous post to this thread), and I can't say enough about how positive my experiences have been with him.

When I contacted him about purchasing he was at a reptile show... he wrote back while at the show! He let me know that the BRB I was interested in was still available and would mark it sold if I wanted it. I sent him payment and explained that I was heading out on vacation and would be gone for a week. ...No problem. He gladly held my BRB and when I got back we discussed dates for shipping. And in between the ship date and the day I returned from vacation Dave and I exchanged numerous emails discussing BRBs, BCIs... we even had a discussion about the evolution of various traits in BRBs!

On the day Dave shipped my BRB he sent me the FedEx tracking number, and the next day my little bundle arrived. He was well packed, secure, and very anxious to get out of his packaging. I've had BRBs in the past and I knew that juveniles could be a little nervous and nippy, but Samson was incredibly docile and very inquisitive. I handled him briefly, checked him over, snapped some photos to share with Dave, and put him in his new home. He was very healthy, his color was amazing, and amazingly trusting for such a young BRB. Dave also packed the snake's data card detailing date of birth, weight at birth, feeding, and shed history.

Dave was glad to hear that my BRB had arrived and was in good spirits, he also appreciated the photos. Since then he and I have exchanged many emails - ranging from BRBs to BCIs (I'm considering buying a BCI from him in the future) to enclosure manufacturers. Dave is very easy to talk to, responds quickly, and is always eager to talk snakes. He was even happy to see photos of Samson after his first shed with me.

I recently contacted Dave because Samson had been eating like a pro every 7 days, but had started to show little interest in food on feeding day and was feeding on the 10th and eventually the 14th days. We discussed the matter and it was decided that it wasn't related to husbandry - perhaps he just wanted to eat every 14 days... or perhaps I needed to try feeding him at a different time of day. As it turns out Samson seems to prefer eating a night after his red nocturnal bulb kicks on.

Dave is a great guy, a fantastic salesman, and a superb breeder. he takes great care of his animals as well as takes great pride in them - and this is obvious when looking at any one of the snakes that he sells. He is always wiling to talk - even months after a sale. It's rare to find someone who has such a vested interest in their snakes even months after they've sold them. He's one of a kind, and I can't recommend him enough. If you want a BRB look no further than Dave. ...And even if you are in the market for a BCI - he breeds some beautiful red tails too.

...The photos below are some of the pics that I snapped when my BRB arrived from Dave.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
Doomtrooper
I would have to agree !! dave was great to deal with always patient with all my genetic questions.. we talked snakes for an hour on the phone while he helped me pic the pair I wanted .. sent pic's gave me weights and made sure I got the snakes that would make me happy!! and he was super cautious with the shipping he held the snakes for over 3 months ( over the winter ) till the weather was just rite !! and when I opened the bags I was floored pictures dont do them justice !! I would not hesitate to do business with dave any time .. he is a credit to the reptile community.... thanks dave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #14
wintersreptiles
Brb's are the best, and Dave is the best at Brb;s. We bought a 08 female and is one of the best Brb's we have and is coloring up real nice. Looking at some hypo's next.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:42 AM   #15
sincitydragons
I just made a deal with Dave over the weekend to purchase 1.2 of his 09 BRB's. I sent him 170.00 with the understanding I would purchase a pair and this amount was half and then today my wife told me she'd buy me a second female for my birthday coming up and so now he is holding 1.2 for me for 3 weeks with the down of 170... not only that he gave me a little discount too. I will say that I've been wanting to get rainbows from him for a while now and never got around to it till now and so far he's been nothing but a pleasure to deal with, quick responses and very flexible. I'll post pics of the babies when they get here.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #16
AntiAmy
I just had a wonderful transaction with Dave and figured I could contribute my experience to the community. Although I know he specializes in BRB, I purchased 1.1 2010 BCI from him -- a Summit line pastel motley male and a Summit line pastel normal female.

From beginning to end, I was not disappointed or lost in the transaction. He responds to emails very quickly, answers all questions thoroughly, and is completely knowledgeable in what he's talking about. His prices are very reasonable and I received a multiple-animal-purchase discount as well as saved in shipping. There was not a moment where I was in the dark about what was going on. I tracked the shipment via Fedex and upon receipt, I noticed how well-packaged it was. Everything was packed securely, a heat pack was utilized, and everything was well insulated.

The snakes themselves were just as described -- they were curious, docile, and very well started. He included their info cards, which details their birth dates, birth weights, and feeding/shedding records. Everything looks very complete. I don't think I could be more pleased!

Needless to say, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Dave Colling of Rainbows-R-Us Reptiles again

Old 10-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #17
AreaPhoto
I just wanted to share my little experience with Dave. Just this week I started looking into the possibility of purchasing a BRB. I have always wanted one since I started keeping snakes but never really got around to it. After some research, I found out that Dave was only 45 minutes away from me. I sent him an email and he promptly began a wonderful correspondence. Wonderful attitude and patience. This forum just confirmed for me exactly who I will be getting my BRB from. After seeing the quality of his babies on his site, I really started getting the urge to buy a BRB! If everything works out, I will probably own my first BRB by Sunday! I'm really excited right now. I just hope my wife still lets me because we are about to rescue another 2 ball pythons. That would make it 3 ball rescues in just over 1 week! Pray for me everyone!

Smiles & Blessings from CA

Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
AreaPhoto
I wanted to give you all an update on my transaction with David. After a little thought I decided I couldn't wait and made contact with David to make the trip and pay him a visit. I ended up getting a pair of amazingly beautiful, hand picked (thanks to David's help too) BRBs to add to my collection. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for David's patience and service to help me attain a snake I've always wanted. His breeders are awesome! Beautiful colors and patterns. I wish I had more money to spend but I promise you that every dollar you spend with David, you are getting 10x more animal than any other place. Do yourself a favor and visit http://rainbows-r-us-reptiles.com/ - Get yourself a BRB from the best!

Old 06-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #19
Dank241
I just wanted to also say how great of a guy David is. My transaction with him went smoothly and he was very helpful and even held on to them for a bit while I had painters in my house. I received my pair of BRB's Het Hypo this morning and 1 BCI DH Sunglow. They arrived in perfect condition strong healthy and clean. They were packed great.
He responds to emails promptly and shares his knowledge with you.
I will not hesitate to make future purchases with David he is awesome!
If you want quality Brazilian Rainbow Boas get them from David you will not be disappointed!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!