Bad Guy Beware Seth Williams "saint221" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
Michellezzwells
Angry Beware Seth Williams "saint221"

On 8/14/15 I sent Seth Williams $70 for 2 female crested geckos. He told me he would send me the geckos in a few hours, then a few days later he requested another $30 for shipping, after I had already sent the $70 that we agreed on. I'll post pics of the conversation. Just warning everyone that this person cannot be trusted, he blocked my number and when I called him on my fiancés phone he hung up after I told him I was going to call the police. A few seconds later he called back saying his name is zack and that Seth was his roommate and had "skipped out on him". He then told me that his "wife" was coming over later to collect his belongings and that he would speak with her about it. I call BS.
I've politely texted him several times requesting he send me my money back and he won't respond to me. He gave me TWO different addresses 6418 n burrage ave Portland or and 97217 and 9315 ne 70th cir Vancouver wa 98661. I'm almost certain he is a flipper. By the way his username on here is "saint221". Please beware.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellezzwells View Post
On 8/14/15 I sent Seth Williams $70 for 2 female crested geckos. He told me he would send me the geckos in a few hours, then a few days later he requested another $30 for shipping, after I had already sent the $70 that we agreed on. I'll post pics of the conversation. Just warning everyone that this person cannot be trusted, he blocked my number and when I called him on my fiancés phone he hung up after I told him I was going to call the police. A few seconds later he called back saying his name is zack and that Seth was his roommate and had "skipped out on him". He then told me that his "wife" was coming over later to collect his belongings and that he would speak with her about it. I call BS.
I've politely texted him several times requesting he send me my money back and he won't respond to me. He gave me TWO different addresses 6418 n burrage ave Portland or and 97217 and 9315 ne 70th cir Vancouver wa 98661. I'm almost certain he is a flipper. By the way his username on here is "saint221". Please beware.
Post the pics. How did you come across him?

Old 08-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
Michellezzwells
Beware Seth Williams "saint221"

I was on Craigslist looking for female crested geckos and I came across end his ad, he was selling a few leopard geckos and some cresties. I asking him to give me a good deal on a female he said he needed them gone so he would do 2 female crested geckos for $70. Originally I was going to drive from Idaho to OR to go pick them up but them my fiancé had to work so I let him know and asked if there was a way he could ship them. I sent him the cash trough an app called square cash. It deposits the money straight into the other persons account. It's only letting me post one picture so if anyone would like the entire conversation from start to finish text me @2083927645
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2015, 08:32 PM   #4
Lucille
You don't have geckos and don't have cash. That's not good. But something doesn't add up.
The geckos cost $70.
You were going to pick them up.
You changed your mind.
He requested $30 for shipping.
But on 8/14 when you gave him $70, no shipping funds, he said he was going to send them in a few hours? Something is missing.

I think you should figure out how to post the entire conversation, even if you have to do so in multiple posts.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Mistyck
It seems to me that the $70 was for the geckos as a "picked up" price. I don't see how it's unreasonable for someone to ask for $30 for shipping once you change your mind about picking them up.

And until you post all of the conversations it'll be hard to decipher everything...

Old 08-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #6
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
It seems to me that the $70 was for the geckos as a "picked up" price. I don't see how it's unreasonable for someone to ask for $30 for shipping once you change your mind about picking them up.

And until you post all of the conversations it'll be hard to decipher everything...
^
^
This is my take, on it, as well.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:29 AM   #7
Michellezzwells
None of your inputs matter. I'm not going to spend hours trying to figure out how to post the entire conversation which is over 10 pictures on this website. I only created this because he claimed he had a "perfect record" on this site and gave me his username. I am simply warning everyone that he cannot be trusted because he took my money and didn't give me the product that I paid for. Whether or not it was "reasonable" to ask for more money doesn't matter. We agreed on a certain price then he asked for more money after he supposedly already sent the geckos and then says "ups won't ship live so I'll have to ship ups". He is dishonest and a liar so if you want to do business with him and trust him, suite yourselves. Don't sit there and try to call me a liar or say that I am making shit up because no one is going to waste their time making up some bullshit story and posting it online. $70 to me, is a lot of money to just loose. I work very hard for the little money that I do get, so it's a big deal when I pay for something and don't get what I paid for and don't get my money back. If you'd don't mind just loosing $70 good for you, but I paid for geckos and I expected to get geckos and instead he lied to me and made me wait weeks and then blocked me on his phone. I'm done with this conversation so if you want to keep cornering have fun talking amongst yourselves. I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone.. I know what happened and that's that.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:48 AM   #8
nickolasanastasiou
It is too bad you feel that way.

The full exchange would have been useful for people to be able to properly understand you and believe your account. With the combative manner of post number seven, it will become more challenging to accept your perspective on the matter and it may even serve to cast you in a poor light for legitimate sellers/vendors/breeders.

The entire story has yet to be told and the entire story will be required for a thorough evaluation so that a meaningful and thoughtful conclusion can be reached by individuals reading it.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:47 AM   #9
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
It is too bad you feel that way.

The full exchange would have been useful for people to be able to properly understand you and believe your account. With the combative manner of post number seven, it will become more challenging to accept your perspective on the matter and it may even serve to cast you in a poor light for legitimate sellers/vendors/breeders.

The entire story has yet to be told and the entire story will be required for a thorough evaluation so that a meaningful and thoughtful conclusion can be reached by individuals reading it.

Well said.

To the OP:
It is normal practice for a seller to request that the buyer pay shipping and for the buyer to do just that (above the cost of animals/merchandise). If this is what occurred, the seller did nothing wrong by asking for a shipping fee.
If this is a case where you no longer wish to purchase the geckos, and expressed that to the seller, it is absolutely wrong for the seller to keep your entire payment. A refund should have been, or should be, given.

Alas, who really knows what happened since, for some unknown reason, you decided to give the members, here, a negative attitude rather than providing proof/evidence of what truly transpired.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:37 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellezzwells View Post
None of your inputs matter. I'm not going to spend hours trying to figure out how to post the entire conversation which is over 10 pictures on this website. I only created this because he claimed he had a "perfect record" on this site and gave me his username. I am simply warning everyone that he cannot be trusted because he took my money and didn't give me the product that I paid for. Whether or not it was "reasonable" to ask for more money doesn't matter. We agreed on a certain price then he asked for more money after he supposedly already sent the geckos and then says "ups won't ship live so I'll have to ship ups". He is dishonest and a liar so if you want to do business with him and trust him, suite yourselves. Don't sit there and try to call me a liar or say that I am making shit up because no one is going to waste their time making up some bullshit story and posting it online. $70 to me, is a lot of money to just loose. I work very hard for the little money that I do get, so it's a big deal when I pay for something and don't get what I paid for and don't get my money back. If you'd don't mind just loosing $70 good for you, but I paid for geckos and I expected to get geckos and instead he lied to me and made me wait weeks and then blocked me on his phone. I'm done with this conversation so if you want to keep cornering have fun talking amongst yourselves. I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone.. I know what happened and that's that.
At this point, I don't think there is enough info to think of Seth Williams as a bad guy after the OP had a public written tantrum when asked to merely post the conversations. To me, that means there may very well be information in those conversations that clears Seth. The payment may be nonrefundable according to TOS, we just don't know. After an agreement is made to pickup by the buyer, 'boyfriend working' may reasonably be an excuse to change time or day of pickup, but not suddenly require shipping which the seller may not have been prepared to do.
At this point, I would think that many sellers would now refuse to have the OP as a customer because of her poor attitude and her refusal to post info to clarify this issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!