Bad Guy FloridaHerps.com - BUYERS BEWARE!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #41
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBell View Post

The more this thread goes the more I smell a rat.
Maybe it's a whole nest of them. Matthew, thank you for the link:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=floridaherps

I re-read it and am still outraged by FloridaHerps behavior. They seemed snarky and clueless in that thread. I said then and I'm saying now, I wouldn't do business with them.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #42
hhmoore
Jennifer, what is your affiliation with FloridaHerps?
You seem to have more than a casual knowledge of the people, and most customers wouldn't turn their initial BOI post into an full blown advertisement...you managed to squeeze in their business address, phone, and 4 additional websites.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #43
JennyBell
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Jennifer, what is your affiliation with FloridaHerps?
You seem to have more than a casual knowledge of the people, and most customers wouldn't turn their initial BOI post into an full blown advertisement...you managed to squeeze in their business address, phone, and 4 additional websites.
I live about 15 miles from them. I'm actually closer to Silver City just down the same street. I've been buying from them for about 3 years. My husband who was my boyfriend at the time used to go to their farm on Lorraine Road to get feeders because it was on his way to work. I've personally met with 3 people there, all sweetharts. My husband and I were at their place a few months ago buying Phoenix Worms and I saw their sulcata tortoises in a large pin. Florida Herps posted a picture of a 8 inch female on their facebook page at the end of last month (its still there on their page). I talked my hubby into building a tortoise table in the entrance of our cafe we run in Orlando. We also have one in Sarasota. Quan (my husband) called florida herps and asked for more photos. We had 5-6 pictures within an hour. We called back and ordered over the phone. The very next morning she was there. I say there because this week I am at our place in Myakka City so I can train a new emplyoee at our Sarasota location. Flroidaherps even replied on their facebook page to our buying the girl on 10/1. Long before any of this started.

Lonna was just so nice and we are so happy with our tortoise that when I saw this thread I knew it couldnt be true. I did email them about this thread. Nick replied saying the OP is not a customer. Its acutally a new reptile company owner trying to make them look bad. He has no proof just a hunch so why post anything about a fake customer? I think I am more upset then they are. The OP also said this was a fake company or had some other place ship for them. I just know that to be wrong and felt I should post my tracking number and experience I just had with these guys. I was duped by another reptile company a couple years ago who I wont drag back into this. The company is in NY. My frogs were shipped from Hollywood, FL. and arrived DOA. Long story short, I got screwed. Their website sure looked pretty and I loved the guarnateed live arrival even for amphibians. Funny how that isnt what happened.

I actually feel bad for keeping this thread alive and was asked by Nick to stop egging the fake poster on.

Now I am not who started this and turned it into anything. I replied to a claim that was made without any proof. Isnt that required here? Why hasnt this thread been removed like all her others? If someone is going to accuse me of being some reptile company then why not the one I live next to? I know Dave and Kate Barkasy pretty good, better then I know the owners of Floridaherps. Silver City wont sell to me is why I went to floridaherps. My daughter also goes to school with Dave and Kate's youngest daughter. Oh, I also live about 1 mile from the Nutriworm guys if someone wants to say I am them too.

I know a few more things about floridaherps because I took 60sec on Google. I know that the company that owned floridaherps.com back when the stolen photo thread was started is no longer in business. www.sunbiz.org Florida Herps, Inc. is closed. Florida Herpetology, Inc. is the company that bought them or whatever. Its all right there to check out. It looks like the new company formed on 3/4/11 and became effective on 4/1/11. The picture thread was started ONE day before the new company took over. I dont really know the inner personal dynamics of those guys but I know they do alot more then just sell reptiles to people on a website. Oh, I do know that the original owner is the current owners father. If I owned that company I would be screaming at the roof tops about this injustice. Nick said these threads go away faster then they show up and to just let it go. So I will.

I would still love to see ANY evidence this company did anything wrong with either of the two people that are complaining.

Jen

Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #44
Lucille
Quote:
Why hasnt this thread been removed
Threads here are not removed. Each side can have their say, and the readers can choose who to believe, and who to spend their money with on future transactions.

I smell a rat, the company you are obviously going to bat for has been letting you front for them, instead of coming here to say their say.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
It looks like the new company formed on 3/4/11 and became effective on 4/1/11.....

Oh, I do know that the original owner is the current owners father.
All in the family, eh

Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #46
hhmoore
Why would we remove this thread? Because you hinted at it several times, before asking why it wasn't done? Because you are friendly with the company, and have chosen to take up the battle for them? Or because you know Dave and Katie (so do I, btw - can't help but wonder WHY they won't sell to you)

If Nick, or Dr whateverhisnameis, or any other member of FloridaHerps, wants anything said here - please let them say it for themselves. There is no reason for you to serve as a mouthpiece.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #47
JennyBell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Threads here are not removed. Each side can have their say, and the readers can choose who to believe, and who to spend their money with on future transactions.

I smell a rat, the company you are obviously going to bat for has been letting you front for them, instead of coming here to say their say.
I understand the rules here are different. I said that because other websites removed her posts within a day or two. I actually agree with having the posts stay, I get it now.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #48
JennyBell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
All in the family, eh
I guess so. Their website says 3 generations, so it could back further or maybe there is another one coming I have no idea. Not sure what is wrong with a family business though or what the rolling eyes is all about. But whatever.

Jen

Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #49
Serafim
Quote:

I actually feel bad for keeping this thread alive and was asked by Nick to stop egging the fake poster on.

Jen
So they are aware of this thread and do not care to defend themselves?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #50
JennyBell
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Why would we remove this thread? Because you hinted at it several times, before asking why it wasn't done? Because you are friendly with the company, and have chosen to take up the battle for them? Or because you know Dave and Katie (so do I, btw - can't help but wonder WHY they won't sell to you)

If Nick, or Dr whateverhisnameis, or any other member of FloridaHerps, wants anything said here - please let them say it for themselves. There is no reason for you to serve as a mouthpiece.
Silver City wont sell to anyone that isnt a reptile company. I own two cafe's, that doesnt count. Trust me I tried! If you know them please call them up and ask all about Bill, Lonna, Nick and whomever else works there. I am sure they could tell you much more then I. If you know them you will also trust whatever they say about them I would hope? So why not do that?

Nick is the guy that answers the phone, thats how I know him. (speaking of phones... Not to get sidetracked, but if you read the post from FireChick she says she tried to call and got a machine. That sure isnt what Nick's email says, and Firechick posted that email. So again this just doesnt add up.) Lonna is the one that replied to our emails and who we see when we go there is how I know her. I have never met either Bill's. I did meet Lillian who wrote that email in the other thread. She passed away months ago and was at least 70. I think that was either Lonna or Bill Jr's mom, she was someones mom that worked there. I really dont see what any of this has to do with a couple of people that came here to your forum and pubically slammed a company in the industry we all love so much. I dont see what grilling me has to do with the thread topic.

Like I said, Nick said he would respond to any legit claim. I personally disagree and wish he would come here now, or better yet Lonna. But I understand they feel different. I would have stopped posting if I wasnt being accused of being someone else. That kinda sucks ya know? I sure wasnt looking to get anyone pissed at me. I thought by showing my tracking number, my real name, a little bit about my wonderful buying experinces would actually mean something to this conversation. But like most of this BOI threads seem to do they get side tracked thus making them almost worthless.

Is there anything else I can answer for anyone? So long as everyone is done asking me question I will simply kick it back and wait for the proof that will never come. Moving on...

Jen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!