Derek Roberts/Sonoran Reptiles-Bad Guy - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #41
salito718
OMFG

WTF

we are now setting up straw men all over the BOI.....

its getting so ridiculous reading about everyone and their personal dislike/vandettas against Adam.. come on guys, give it a rest, this is the 3rd thread i have read today where you guys once again bring up the the same damn tired story...please give it a break already, it really is so childish...............

Al Nunez

Old 11-11-2003, 08:03 PM   #42
longissima
Eric Strayham, Joanne Lago.......???

Umm.....I am not sure who Eric Lago is but I did sell a pair of black pinesnakes to Joanne Strayham of Oxford, MS in early Sept. 2003. I have never dealt with Eric and am wondering where he fits into this. Everything "he" said about Airborne and me shipping with them is 100% correct. I would have loved to have shipped them via UPS but a friend at work had UPS open a box he had shipped to him with a apir of reticulated pythons in it. UPS decided it would be the best interest to the general public to call the federal wildlife department and have them taken away. FedEx sucks, so they are out. I take full responsibility for having to "chase down the driver" as I had to do that with UPS about a month ago.

Anyway, I guess E. Lago is the person who signed for the snakes arriving but all receipts and e-mails were made to Joanne Strayham. I am attaching the bill of sale, the airborne airbill and the page that tracked the shipment at www.airborne.com.

I never heard from either of "them" about any regurging and would have refunded "them" their money. Never recived a call or an e-mail about the regurging. I have shipped snakes to people who will take them out of the box, stick the snake(s) in a rubbermaid and try to feed them 15 minutes after receiving them! Then I get an e-mail or a call saying they are not feeding! I would guess and say that stress may play a part in this, but it is only a guess. I am wondering if this is what happened (if it happened). Anyway, here are the attachments I promised:

Link to Airborne.com for tracking info.

I will include the bill of sale attachment in the next post.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2003, 08:11 PM   #43
longissima
Here is the airbill, not bill of sale.......

This is the airbill pertaining to Jonne Strayham. I totally agree with him/her not buying anything from me again as I would do the same thing. I just have a problem with, after 2+ months hearing about how they were rugurgiating from someone whom I have never dealt with. Don't buy from me or recommend me to anyone, fine. But don't come out of the woodwork a couple of months later with a claim of a sick animal I sent to "you". It would have been nice to know when it actually happened. And if you do have a legitimate complaint, please use the actual name of the person that I sold the snakes to.

Here is the airbill, the bill of sale was posted in my last post:
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2003, 10:02 PM   #44
HerpVenue
Eric,
perhaps you should have contacted him about them regurging.
The BOI should not be the first place people should find out that you are having a problem with an animals you bought off of them.
They should here it from you by phone or by e-mail. Then they should be given the chance to make things right.

You can't just come here and say......SURPRISE...he sent me regurgers.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:04 AM   #45
elago
Well if pinkies are too big for 2 month old pines (2 feet) then maybe you are right. Every pinky they did take was regurged within 24 hours. I tried live and frozen all to no avail.
Also the reason I asked for anyone besides airbourne to ship was because I was worried about the snakes health. Airbourne to this day can not find my home and I have had many problems with various other shipments shipped through them. When I asked him to Please use ANYONE but AIRBORNE he agreed (I even offered to send extra money if needed). After agreeing he still used Airborne. I happened to chase down the right truck(on its way back to their station - an hour and a half away). Had that truck not happened to have my package they would not have arrived on time and probably not the next day unless I decided to drive to pick them up. I should not have to chase down a truck to try to find my reptiles....especially after explaining the situation to Derek and him agreeing. I have even had a representative ask (on a previous experience) if she should just have the package destroyed since they were not going to bring it out to my house the day it was supposed to arrive. If having a company ask if they should destroy my reptiles is not enough reason to not want them to even be near my packages I don't know what is.
Also I try to avoid receiving dead snakes to begin with. The snakes are my top priority, not being able to get my money back for snakes that arrive dead (which can always be avoided ......
especially when one uses cool packs during hot months). Call me silly but I care about my (& all) animals.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:33 AM   #46
jstrayham
Look, Eric is my boyfriend. We live together and are business partners (msreptilianhobbyists). While all the emails were sent to my account there is nothing that we are not partners in. He was very interested in the pines so I wrote Derek about them. After he wrote me back Eric & I decided to get them. We did not try to feed them 15 mins out the box. We gave them time to acclimate to their new home (about 3 days). After they regurged the 1st time we thought maybe they still needed more time. Then we waited a few days to try again, but within 24 hours they had regurged again. We continued to have hope and fed them at different times during the day ( day, at end of the day, night...ect) still to no avail. The point is not that Eric posted here. The point is that WE purchased the animals and that WE could not get them to keep a meal down no matter how hard we tried or how many different ways we tried. Eric did write Derek after chasing down the truck to let him know that they had "arrived" and what had happened, including the fact that we were not happy that he used Airborne against OUR explicit wishes. Eric posted OUR experience and his name not being on the receipt means nothing. If anyone would like to speak to me (or Eric) about it, ANYONE is more that welcome to give me (or him) a call 662 513 0830. No matter what is said here, nothing changes what OUR experience was when dealing with SR. I think that's what the BOI is here for, isn't it?
Thanks So Much. Joanne Strayham

Old 11-12-2003, 01:49 AM   #47
Classic Dum's
Quote:
But don't come out of the woodwork a couple of months later with a claim of a sick animal I sent to "you". It would have been nice to know when it actually happened.
Ya it would have been nice of them. It also would have been nice of you to ship the snake per their request. I am another person who cant get airborn they come out where I live 2 days a week had it been me I would have been to pissed to ever contact you again as well. The nearest airborn facility to me is 3hrs away. I have atempted to buy from people several times who only shipped airborn, when they told me they wouldnt ship any other way, that was the end of it. If you told them youd ship via another currier and then shipped airborn anyway they have every right to crawl out of the woodwork after two months.

Old 11-12-2003, 02:04 AM   #48
jstrayham
Also in response to Ritchie Luna's remarks

"The BOI should not be the first place people should find out that you are having a problem with an animals you bought off of them.
They should here it from you by phone or by e-mail. Then they should be given the chance to make things right.

You can't just come here and say......SURPRISE...he sent me regurgers."

After dealing with someone who had a blatent disreguard for our wishes we did not wish to deal with him again. We had hopes of getting them to eat. When if finally became apparent that they were not going to keep anything down it was a few weeks after the purchase. There is no clause for regurgers. The animals were sold to us as feeding and they were not. Other than that problem(a huge one) upon arrival they seemed fine. Eric and I are sharing our experience relative to the thread, time doesn't change what happened and it is our perogative to make it public no matter how much time has passed. I saw no reason to alert him to the fact that they were not feeding. I took it as a learning experience and left it at that. All we are trying to do is not make anyone else learn the hard way. I expect the animals I buy to be as represented and not have to get a replacement pair/refund. I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden the snakes decided to just start regurging once they arrived at our home, but I suppose it is possible. I have had many finicky eaters. By the way I don't think YOU can tell me (or anyone else) what I can and can not say here about our experiences. Have a Great Day! Joanne Strayham

Old 11-12-2003, 02:07 AM   #49
jstrayham
And I reiterate...

Quote:
Originally posted by Classic Dum's
Ya it would have been nice of them. It also would have been nice of you to ship the snake per their request. I am another person who cant get airborn they come out where I live 2 days a week had it been me I would have been to pissed to ever contact you again as well. The nearest airborn facility to me is 3hrs away. I have atempted to buy from people several times who only shipped airborn, when they told me they wouldnt ship any other way, that was the end of it. If you told them youd ship via another currier and then shipped airborn anyway they have every right to crawl out of the woodwork after two months.
Thank you Jason so very much for making my point....exactly.
J. S.

Old 11-12-2003, 02:40 AM   #50
Adam Block
I like FedEx some hate em and love UPS. Fact of the matter is sometimes the company you like and the one that works best on the other end aren't the same. For me I had no other option but FedEx to ship with, if snakes got there dead after somebody asking for a different shipping method I would have refunded them as I'm sure Derek would have you.

As for the regurg issue, what did the vet say? Is there a reason for it or are you saying it's just genetic?

Those are John Ginter stock and of some of the best stock you can find in the Country. I just want to find out if you're regurg issue is with Derek's care or John's stock that why I ask what the vet said.

You always have to be sure to ask as sometimes you get those really cheap people who won't take a regurging snake to the vet and they just keep feeding it till it dies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!