Anyone heard of Edward Billy? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
hobo1974
Anyone heard of Edward Billy?

OK everyone I was contacted from this person today regarding my salmon hypos I have listed under the boa section. He says he is from London England. Has anyone ever dealt with him? How was the experience? Something just doesn't seem right. He is looking for 4 of my babies and said he would set up shipping? since i am in Ohio. I am just looking for experiences good bad or ugly.

Thanks
John Smith

Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
joepythons
possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo1974
OK everyone I was contacted from this person today regarding my salmon hypos I have listed under the boa section. He says he is from London England. Has anyone ever dealt with him? How was the experience? Something just doesn't seem right. He is looking for 4 of my babies and said he would set up shipping? since i am in Ohio. I am just looking for experiences good bad or ugly.

Thanks
John Smith
When he contacted you did he want you to accept a check and give the rest to his shipper? Beware of the Nigerian scammers as they are back heavily again .

Old 04-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
hobo1974
This was the second email I recieved from him. Does anyone in the UK know this person or this buisness? I am just trying to ask if anyone has done buisness with him. thanks
John Smith

Hello Mr. John,

Thanks very much for your prompt respones,I will like to se the pictures of the pets and also list each price with them.

And kindly include the salmon hypos i will need 4 of them .

Kindly get back to me with there final price,the payment will be issued VIA Certified cashier check Drawn on one of the American Banks.

The shipping will be handle by us so you dont need to calculate the shipment with the Final price .

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible.

Best Regards.
Edward Billy.

OFFICE ADDRESS:
Edvet.Ltd
The Forest Surgery,

Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
joepythons
them

Quote:
This was the second email I recieved from him. Does anyone in the UK know this person or this buisness? I am just trying to ask if anyone has done buisness with him. thanks
John Smith

Hello Mr. John,

Thanks very much for your prompt respones,I will like to se the pictures of the pets and also list each price with them.

And kindly include the salmon hypos i will need 4 of them .

Kindly get back to me with there final price,the payment will be issued VIA Certified cashier check Drawn on one of the American Banks.

The shipping will be handle by us so you dont need to calculate the shipment with the Final price .

Kindly get back to me as soon as possible.

Best Regards.
Edward Billy.

OFFICE ADDRESS:
Edvet.Ltd
The Forest Surgery,
Its the Nigerian scammers trying to rip you off .Tell him to send you the check and have your bank check it out.It will be worthless no doubt

Old 04-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #5
texasnewbie
The wording screams scam to me.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
GinoInDaBronx
Scams...

How many people do you know who use the word 'kindly?' That is always a dead give-away for a Nigerian scammer. Second to that, is the use of the term 'final price.' Run now-and quickly.

G. Beniquez

Old 04-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #7
MikeCurtin
Just for kicks, have him send you a check....you'll get an e-mail almost immediately that his "contact" sent too much and he needs you to deposit the check and wire him the balance....if you actually did this, it would take a few days to find out the check's a fake, and you'll be out the $$.

Report him to KS...they will promptly do nothing....then call your local FBI office (mine was in Newark, NJ)....they will also promptly do nothing.....bang head on desk.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 AM   #8
hobo1974
This all started yesterday and I just wanted everyones input I will wait for the next set of emails I get from him and go from there. I am new to the hobby by 3 yrs or so and definately new to having babies. (first litter) Just not looking to get screwwed is all.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
Serafim
SCAM..... I would not waste my time emiling him back and forth...

Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
This all started yesterday and I just wanted everyones input I will wait for the next set of emails I get from him and go from there. I am new to the hobby by 3 yrs or so and definately new to having babies. (first litter) Just not looking to get screwwed is all.
It's a scam there is no doubt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!