Go Lizards - Thumbs down. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #21
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Dum's
"I am here now. I have no dealings with Mr. Sweigart. Mr. Sweigart is a third party. The situation is already being taken care of. Again, the situation had nothing to do with him."

No Jason this situation has not been taken care of NOT EVEN close. Why dont you get it taken care of so we can move on anjd forget about it, sound good?

selling flagyl dont you need some kind of license to administer anti biotics???? In most states you do, pay the debt or well be looking real hard into it in your state, good day Jason
Your innuendos are getting really silly and display your lack of knowledge.
No a licence is not required to administer antibiotics in most states. Prescribe yes, administer no.
Vets commonly prescribe antibiotics and leave the actual administering to the animal owner. In a number of states antibiotics can be purchased over the counter at feed stores for use on livestock.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #22
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
Your innuendos are getting really silly and display your lack of knowledge.
No a licence is not required to administer antibiotics in most states. Prescribe yes, administer no.
Vets commonly prescribe antibiotics and leave the actual administering to the animal owner. In a number of states antibiotics can be purchased over the counter at feed stores for use on livestock.
presrcibe whatever, it took me five minutes to find the answer yes it is in fact illegal for him to sell it

trust me dove I know way more then I want to about Jason, I dont need nor want this dramam I have bigger things in life to worry about but this situation needs to be resolved and this is simply a warning shot im firing under his bow, hoping it will give him the motivation to rersolve this issue fully, so we can all move on with our lives without any further drama or postings on here,

if he does the right thing, this will just slip away and soon be forgetten, if he doesnt Mr Dove you seem very eggar to stir the pot, the 22nd youll be able to get a nice big 2x4 out to stir the pot with ok?

Untill then unless Jason has something to ad im done, Jason resolve this NONE of us need this if this is your way of taken care of things, well just resolve it ieeee

Old 05-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #23
The BoidSmith
Jason,

It would be helpful if you explain what "situation" you are talking about.

One other thing, flagyl is not an antibiotic.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #24
KelliH
Quote:
Your innuendos are getting really silly and display your lack of knowledge. No a licence is not required to administer antibiotics in most states. Prescribe yes, administer no. Vets commonly prescribe antibiotics and leave the actual administering to the animal owner. In a number of states antibiotics can be purchased over the counter at feed stores for use on livestock.
Flagyl is not an antibiotic and as far as I know, the liquid suspension can only be distributed via prescription by a vet. It can be purchased without a prescription in Mexico however.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #25
KelliH
Actually, I am technically incorrect: Flagyl is a type of antibiotic, in reptiles though it is normally prescribed to treat amoebas and flagellate protazoans.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #26
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Dum's
I dont need nor want this dramam I have bigger things in life to worry about but this situation needs to be resolved and this is simply a warning shot im firing under his bow, hoping it will give him the motivation to rersolve this issue fully, so we can all move on with our lives without any further drama or postings on here,
You sir, are the one who attempted to start "this dramam" by posting innuendos with no evidence against someone you have had no dealings with.
If indeed Go Lizards is in some way a bad dealer then the person who has had the bad deal needs to come on here and post their experience with email exchanges attached and or pictures if applicable.
I can assure that should there actually be an unresolved bad deal here everyone would appreciate the warning to avoid this seller but at this point all you seem to be doing is running a baseless smear campaign. It is my understanding that third party reporting is not permitted on the BOI.
Frankly I am surprised you have not been warned about this by the forum Moderators by now.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #27
Classic Dum's
"Flagyl is not an antibiotic and as far as I know, the liquid suspension can only be distributed via prescription by a vet. It can be purchased without a prescription in Mexico however."

My point exactly YOU YOURSELF may buy a small amount for personal use on yourself or your collection out of mexico. However you may NOT resell it. same for controlled pain killers you can legally get small amounts out of mexico or canada but its all for personal use, not for resale.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #28
varnyard
I have dealt with them twice, both times went smooth as silk. I would deal with them again, no problem at all.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #29
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Actually, I am technically incorrect: Flagyl is a type of antibiotic, in reptiles though it is normally prescribed to treat amoebas and flagellate protazoans.
Just a bit further on this:

The principal clinical indications for metronidazole include the treatment of specific protozoal infections (amebiasis, trichomoniasis, giardiasis, and balantidiasis) and anaerobic bacterial infections such as those that may be seen in abdominal abscesses, peritonitis, empyema, genital tract infections, periodontitis, otitis media, osteitis, arthritis, and meningitis, and in necrotic tissue. Metronidazole has been successfully used to prevent infection after surgery. Nitroimidazoles also act as radiosensitizers, and metronidazole has been used as an adjunct to the radiotherapy of solid tumors. Metronidazole is bactericidal at concentrations equal to or slightly higher than the minimal inhibitory concentration.

Flagellates, especially Hexamita spp , have been reported to cause urinary tract disease in chelonians and intestinal disease in snakes. The “giardia” seen in some cases of enteritis in snakes may actually be Hexamita or one of the relatively nonpathogenic flagellates that inhabit the intestinal tract of snakes. Differentiation between the species requires expertise, and special preservatives and stains are required to identify most of these organisms. Metronidazole at 25-50 mg/kg, PO, repeated in 3-5 days has been used to treat flagellates. Indigo snakes, king snakes, and uracoan rattlers should be treated at the low end of this dosage range. Fenbendazole at 50 mg/kg, PO for 5 days is more effective at eliminating Giardia in mammals than is metronidazole. Early studies with fenbendazole are very encouraging and it would appear to be the drug of choice for treating flagellates.

And yes, the Flagyl suspension is only to be sold by prescription in the US.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #30
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
And yes, the Flagyl suspension is only to be sold by prescription in the US.
You can buy it in a feed store in some cases for use in livestock (not reptiles)...and it is illegal to use it off label. Yep. If you get meds - like Panacur - labeled for livestock (i.e., cattle, etc.) to reptiles, you break the law. With panacur, I don't think it is a big deal. With antibiotics, I like it when people that use it irresponsibly get in trouble. Selling it off label without a prescription deserves a fairly large fine....when we are dealing with antibiotics.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!