Inquiry: Dachiu - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:46 AM   #61
puppytoes72
i agree,lets halt this momentarily.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #62
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Agreed, Jim. The evidence so far would suggest that most AV positive dragons can reproduce, and have healthy lives.
Just because they CAN reproduce, does that mean they SHOULD?

Let's just say, hypothetically, that these carriers "only" produce 1 in 5 babies that end up dying from the virus...only after living a fairly miserable life. Is that then OK, since the other 4 appear OK....and go on to produce their 1 in 5?

It keeps being said that such a high percentage of dragons tested have been positive, so we can assume from those results that most dragons have it....have you stopped to think about who has actually tested the dragons, up until now? It's not the average owner, or small time breeder, it was those who either were having problems, suspected they had the virus, or knew what was going on when Ron Wood had all of the die offs, but those people chose not to let the "general public" in on that bit of information.

I can't help but wonder how much of an impact these big breeders COULD have had on the impact of this virus if they would have put an effort into stopping it when it was first becoming noticed, instead of going on with business as usual.....

And as for Vickie's "disclaimer"....the average Joe knows little about Adeno. If they were to look to buy a dragon from Vickie, and ask her about it, and she gave them the standard, "Oh, all dragons probably have it, it's no big deal" answer, what are the odds that they are going to put out the money to have their dragons tested for it within that 6 week period? Misleading indeed.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:58 AM   #63
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
If and when more is ever known it may matter more, but at this point, no matter who the source, I would consider any dragon that I bought to be carrying AV, even if it came from someone claiming to have a negative colony.
Exactly Jim. Until more is known about Adeno dont you think it is right to try and contain, or at the very least be as up front as humanly possible about whether the dragons you are selling are clean or not?

Sure people can lie, but people can also send an empty box instead of a 2000 dollar snake. That again falls back on buying only from trusted sources. Which is something we all preach on this board. Is it not?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:03 AM   #64
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Just because they CAN reproduce, does that mean they SHOULD?

Let's just say, hypothetically, that these carriers "only" produce 1 in 5 babies that end up dying from the virus...only after living a fairly miserable life. Is that then OK, since the other 4 appear OK....and go on to produce their 1 in 5?

It keeps being said that such a high percentage of dragons tested have been positive, so we can assume from those results that most dragons have it....have you stopped to think about who has actually tested the dragons, up until now? It's not the average owner, or small time breeder, it was those who either were having problems, suspected they had the virus, or knew what was going on when Ron Wood had all of the die offs, but those people chose not to let the "general public" in on that bit of information.

I can't help but wonder how much of an impact these big breeders COULD have had on the impact of this virus if they would have put an effort into stopping it when it was first becoming noticed, instead of going on with business as usual.....

And as for Vickie's "disclaimer"....the average Joe knows little about Adeno. If they were to look to buy a dragon from Vickie, and ask her about it, and she gave them the standard, "Oh, all dragons probably have it, it's no big deal" answer, what are the odds that they are going to put out the money to have their dragons tested for it within that 6 week period? Misleading indeed.
Cathy, I don't know the answer to that question, and neither do you.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #65
walker75
I asked Jimd post216

It was a queston Jim D ...

Now another question if you are her distributor when was the last shipment or when will there be a shipment ?

When they hatch out ? The strongest ones ? The ones that where breed with out testing for the Virus ? All questions

The ones that LOOK healthy and big? Another question?

Or will she now test and take other actions or continue to do business as usual.

OR

Move on to another markets as in exporting to Canada then the UK or around the WORLD IT is possible again a good question ??

Again another question how many dragons does Dachiu hatch out a year?

Sandfire stated his to be around 9,0000 plus what he buys to sell when not producing.

Again all questions to be or should be answered?

Jim D replied post#218

Walker75
Ill answer in order of your questions.
Last year and we are not sure.
probably not, probably,not sure,
good chance.
Do you know if THEY, not her just for clarification, test? I do!
They have a good market there. Were just lucky to be able to get some.
I dont know how many they hatch out each year.
If I can answer any more, feel free to ask. I have no problem taking calls.
Jim

Vicki said it was none of my business

Old 04-06-2007, 02:09 AM   #66
varnyard
Quote:
Again another question how many dragons does Dachiu hatch out a year?
I was told by her, 4000 last year.

Lets see what Cheri posts, it is worth the wait.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #67
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Cathy, I don't know the answer to that question, and neither do you.
Which question? I asked several.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #68
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Which question? I asked several.
Don't play that game. You will lose.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:29 AM   #69
Cat_72
Jim, it was an honest question....seriously.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #70
jsrocket
OK, let's take 1 at a time. First?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!