Info Big Apple Herp/ Any good? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Vykrin
Question Big Apple Herp/ Any good?

Hello;

I have never used a forum before so forgive me if I don't post this in the right area.

I am looking to get a certain type of boa and Big Apple Herp is the only place that sells them all the time. My question is are they good with shipping live animals? I have bought supplies from them before and was pleased with their service. So any one here have any recent experience with them live animal wise? Good Or Bad I want to here from the community here.

Thank you.

Vykrin

Old 07-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
parrotlady
It is my understanding that they are ok with supplies but not so much for animals. Please check the BOI forum for more up to date feedback. Good luck in finding a reputable breeder and shipper. We have many knowledgable people on this forum.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
mikoh4792
I bought both supplies and animals from them. I've had no issues with them whatsoever and my animals are doing great. They are very easy to talk to.

I've asked them tons of questions about the animals (birth dates, genders..etc) and they were very thorough in giving me details about the animals.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Helenthereef
I found this thread by searching for "Big Apple Herp" in the BOI (Board of Inquiry) forum, which is the place to go to check people's reps.

This was back in 2010 and so is not very current, but it might be worth a read through.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=Apple+Herp

Old 07-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Bear in mind that this is based on one transaction only of course.....

Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #6
treeboa
From what I understand Big Apple are Drop shippers of live animals, meaning they use stock photos of animals offered for sale, then get the animals from other sources not from stock they actually possess. It says in another thread they get most of their animals from Reptile Industries/ReptMart which is a reputable company. The complaints I've seen are mainly from them taking payment then not being able to come through with the animals. Not really a scam, but a waste of time.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
treeboa
I should clarify that nobody said they were out any money, the waste of time was that it takes a couple days to get a credit card refund.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
Xaila
I wouldn't buy animals from them since, like mentioned above, they're a drop shipper and don't actually have the animals in stock. They just list whatever and get it from another supplier. From what I hear they just put you on a "wait list" if they don't have a supplier for a particular animal at the time. I'd much rather buy direct from a breeder.

For supplies they're totally fine though. I've had to deal with their customer support for supplies before and they were very nice and were very quick to correct a problem with my order.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Vykrin
Thank you everyone for your replies, this really helps me. I think I will stick to what is here to be safe.

Thanks again

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!