Female Gargoyle Laid eggs, what to do now?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
hadenglock
Female Gargoyle Laid eggs, what to do now??

I recently ordered a gargoyle gecko from Glades Herp Farms and i paid for a baby. They sent me an adult female (which im not complaining about) and it turned out to be gravid. While she was still gravid she was eating CGD (she hasnt touched insects so i wont bother with it). A couple days ago she laid her eggs and im incubating them. Has anyone noticed any odd behavior after their females lay their eggs? Mine hasnt eaten as much CGD as she normally did since she laid eggs. Im not concerned about her weight, she still looks great. Any input is appreciated! thank you

Old 11-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Vinni
Most of my girls slow down on eating for a few days after laying, but I do have 2 that prefer to pig out on crickets only after laying. All of my girl really clean their bowls of CGD/DGD for 1 week prior to laying.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
AJaxx91
I noticed my gargoyle stopped eating crickets and pinkies after laying her two eggs. It was around october though and the weather was getting colder so I assume the climate influenced her eating patterns.. I still noticed poop in the cage so i know she was eating some cgd.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Reptiledysfunction
As with Vinni, mine always would pig out just before they laid, then slow down drastically for a few days after. Once a week or so went by, everything seemed to go back to normal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!