My BAD experience with RJ's Exotics.....PLEASE READ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
minter_c
My BAD experience with RJ's Exotics.....PLEASE READ

Hi,
if anybody is thinking about doing business with RJ's Exotics DO NOT do business with them. They will rip you off. In my experience i paid for a 28in female sulcatta and they sent me a 20in male sulcatta. i sent the male back and asked for a refund. they told me that they where not going to refund my money because they argued that they sent the right tortoise. i have made several attempts to talk to Rob but everytime i call he is mysteriously out of the office. everytime i call i leave a message with one of his employees and i get the same response, "i will have Ron call you when he gets in". i have left at least three messages a day for the past 6 days for Ron to call me and i have yet to recieve a phone call back from him.

I have heard several complaints from other people about him sending the wrong animals or not semding the specific animal that they paid for.

If you are thinking about doing business with RJ's Exotics i would definetely recommend NOT doing business with them. dont let them mislead you and sucker you in. they have ripped numerous people off...dont let the next one be you!!!!

i still have not recieved a refund for my purchase after 6 business days.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
gmherps
Where are they from? What is their contact info? i.e., telephone # and or address.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
Junkyard
Is this the same RJ's Exotics that has a thread currently up?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=59719

Old 01-19-2006, 02:21 AM   #4
minter_c
rjs

yes this is the same RJ's that already has the thread up. all of their contact info is listed below. please be carefull when doing business with them. i would recommend not doing any business with them whatsoever.

RJ's Exotics

Phone: 603.598.1060

E-mail: rjsexotics@aol.com

Address: 300 Main Street, Nashua, NH 03064

www.rjsexotics.com

Old 01-19-2006, 03:26 AM   #5
varnyard
Did you pay them through Paypal? If so, I would contact them ASAP and let them know what is going on. I realize it has only been 6 days, but that is more than enough time to at least receive a email or phone call. If I was you, and you did not hear anything from them by Monday. I would call their local PD. Tell them the whole story, and have all the information ready as proof of the transaction, tell them you are more than willing to send them all of the needed information. I come to find if you are nice and respectful, most police departments are more than glad to help. Maybe they have already had other calls on these same people. They might be more than willing to at least go and have a chat with them.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
minter_c
what should i do?????

RJs isnt wanting to refund my money. they want to send me another tortoise. should i let them send me another tortoise or should i keep pushing for my refund? please tell me your opinions.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #7
kmurphy
Quote:
If you are thinking about doing business with RJ's Exotics i would definetely recommend NOT doing business with them. dont let them mislead you and sucker you in. they have ripped numerous people off...dont let the next one be you!!!!
I would probably take whatever they give me and, if it is not what I want, sell it and move on. From what I have read the chances of your actually getting what you want are slim, but unfortunately, the chances of you getting a refund are slimmer.

Just my 2 cents

Old 01-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
minter_c
thanks. all opinions are definetely appreciated

Old 01-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
The thing that has Me wondering is that you stated above........"I have heard several complaints from other people about him sending the wrong animals or not semding the specific animal that they paid for." Why go through with it if you had heads up already?

Aside from that, I feel for your loss, and I wouldn't give up on the paypal thing, if you used it. It may be your only chance of a refund. But i would try to push for it. If someone done Me like that I would not do any business with them in the future, and would try My hardest to reverse this deal.

Hope it all turns out better than it appears to be going.

Rick

Old 01-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #10
minter_c
i didnt know that Rj's had all of these negative feedbacks before i bought the tortoise. i found out about the BOI after i got ripped off. after checking the BOI i was shocked at all of the negative feedback that they have.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!