Bad Guy RodentPro- Zoonotic disease warning - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #81
reticguy76
Kristen, that is fair. I understand about the pregnant or immuno-suppressed individuals or household pets, and that is where I was going with, I respect people that want to go with their gut feeling about what is presented to them. My gut feeling is that this isnt an issue (as what I have been provided at this time), but of course as things develop and surface in this issue, that could very well and easily change. Again, I have absolutely no problem with you or anybody else coming forward, publically, but an info thread, in my opinion, would have been a better choice at this juncture. But, Im very harsh (even on myself, if/when I run into poor situations) and using bad guy threads

Old 07-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #82
bren
Those of us with immuno-compromised family members greatly appreciate this thread being posted.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #83
reticguy76
Brenda, couldnt agree more. Those that are forced to be "overly cautious" due to illnesses and such, this is a great thread, regardless of everything. It does allow everybody to make the best decision for their individual needs

And I dont use "overly cautious" in a negative manner, whatsoever. Any immuno-suppression illnesses or suspected issues should automatically be treated "over cautiously"

Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #84
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangme View Post
Well I'm not surprised rodent pro has problems I dont like any of there stuff and will not feed it anymore I have 8 ball pythons who all picked up some bacterial infection took them to the vet got a culture blood work and it was a pseudomona type that is not natural fauna and with what it was ( cant remember medical name) my vet was surprised the rest of my animals weren't sick well it turns out the only animals that were sick we're the ones feeding on rodent pro small rats I know after freezing thawing and all that bacteria shouldn't survive but oh we'll havent had a problem since so I'm gonna point the finger
Freezing doesn't kill bacteria. It just slows down the reproduction.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #85
fangme
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
Freezing doesn't kill bacteria. It just slows down the reproduction.
Even more of a reason for me to point the finger at rodent pro

Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #86
Rock Star Reptile
Now with all the 9 pages has their phone blown up over there? I mean how many of us are on her speculating and freaking out but never took the time to call? just one of us? Maybe two? Just asking..

Old 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #87
scaledverts
Here is a bit of information that will be of interest to people that have ordered in the last few weeks or so.

Taken from their FAQs page http://www.rodentpro.com/qpage_faqs.asp

Quote:
Q: When I place an order on Friday through Sunday why does it not ship until the second Tuesday following the date on which the order was placed?
A: Once an order is received, time is needed to harvest, process, freeze and package the products we produce to make them ready for shipping. Our goal is to keep our frozen inventory to a minimum and to process orders as they are received making the end product as fresh as possible for our customers
I'm not sure how much frozen stock they keep in inventory, so if their colony is currently clean (which I assume it is) current orders are likely fine.

I should also note that until last week there was no availability of large mice which may indicate that they were building their colonies again and not selling off adults. Just a thought.

NOW: All of this does NOT mean that I would have appreciated the information being made available to me/everyone when ordering rodents.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #88
Tiki108
Kristen thank you so much for posting this, I ordered on April 23rd from them, so at this point I'm very concerned. Everyone in my house is very healthy, but I'm going to be in contact with my local health department. This is very disappointing that we were not made aware of this.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #89
Erin
At the bottom of the Farm World article, it states that the facility's quarantine was lifted on July 11th... that's the EXACT day we RECEIVED our large box from Rodent Pro...

Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #90
reticguy76
So, are we dealing with virus or bacteria ??

Also, at a certain temperature, micro-organisms are killed and halted in reproduction. Ice crystals forming will kill micro organisms

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!