High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 58 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #571
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
They are all of the same Houston Dial up IPs you have already posted.
Dan mentioned that Damon was hooking up internet in his facility. Is it possible to back trace his IP to the originating number called from?

Also, wouldn't it stand to reason that someone with $100,000's in animals would use high speed internet?

Griz

Old 01-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #572
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Dan mentioned that Damon was hooking up internet in his facility. Is it possible to back trace his IP to the originating number called from?
Yes it is possible. However, that information would have to come from the ISP itself and they generally do not release that information without a subpoena

Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #573
ravensgait
Bob there are still places you can't get High Speed...I think you would have to go through his Provider to get a number and I don't think they'd give it out...Randy

Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #574
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz

Also, wouldn't it stand to reason that someone with $100,000's in animals would use high speed internet?

Griz
Maybe their house payment is too much?

Seriously though; Oakdale is a nothing town, just a spot on the map. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if HS access isn't available. I would venture to bet that even DSL is not available there.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #575
DThomas
Keep in mind also that Level 3 is a backbone provider. They are not an ISP. It is not out of the realm of possibility that David/Damon is using a local dial up number. The IP address resolving to Houston does not mean he is calling into there. It just means that is the closet backbone for Level 3. He very well could be using some very small local ISP that leases their access from Level 3.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #576
gant77
I found this just doing a search for "DSL access 71463"

http://www.gurus2go.com/zipcode/71463.htm
It looks as though he may be able to get high speed access.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #577
gant77
Sorry to post again, I realize that they are NOT a ISP but they do set up LAN's. Which I think are used in conjunction with ISP's. I am not really computer litterate so I am probably way off!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #578
SoulSmilen
They do set those up, but they're nationwide so their advertisements will list all that they do rather than what might be available or needed in each service area.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #579
DThomas
A LAN or Local Area Network, is nothing more than a group of local computers linked together. For example, I have three computers in my house and they are all connected to one another. That is a LAN. This LAN can then connect to a single access point like a wireless router and access the internet. The link you provided is to a company that provides technical/repair support.

Although they state on their site that they setup broadband connections, all they would be doing is installing a router and connecting all of your computers to it, (setting up the LAN.) The actual connection would be provided by the local telco or cable provider. You would need to check with them to see if it was available.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #580
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Keep in mind also that Level 3 is a backbone provider. They are not an ISP. It is not out of the realm of possibility that David/Damon is using a local dial up number. The IP address resolving to Houston does not mean he is calling into there. It just means that is the closet backbone for Level 3. He very well could be using some very small local ISP that leases their access from Level 3.
This is very true. It is also true, for whatever it is worth, that high speed internet is available anywhere in the US with a southern exposure through HughesNet. Of course David/Damon/Tawni would need a valid credit card.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart