Massive cottonmouth - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-29-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
SCReptiles
Massive cottonmouth

Here is the new cotton I got in SC 2 weeks ago. It’s a female eastern (Agkistrodon p. piscivorus) She is 61” and weights about 7 pounds.

She will be breeding back to this old boy in the spring. Anyone for a “super” cotton baby?

Old 07-29-2005, 02:18 AM   #2
Python Lara
dude...awesome snakes but DAMN you all are crazy! You got more brass than I'll ever attempt to claim!

Old 07-29-2005, 05:43 AM   #3
DAND
Dude, you should feed that skinny thing before it whithers away to nothingness.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
Junkyard
Whoa!!!

Old 07-30-2005, 12:26 AM   #5
SCReptiles
Brian Smith has a 48 inch specimen that weights in at 8 pounds, so I am pretty sure this 61 incher will exceed 10 pounds after a little while in captivity.

Old 08-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #6
Tears_and_Fangs
OMG....(nuff said) =P

Old 08-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #7
Geoff
Oh my

Old 12-17-2005, 06:47 PM   #8
AlexNevgloski
Professor of what? Does a BS in biology really qualify you for being a professor? And another thing, holding a snake of that size by the tail is as stupid as calling yourself a professor. I doubt Dr. Schuett, a real professor, looks at you as an equal.

Jesus Christ, some people just can't help themselves.

Old 12-18-2005, 08:43 AM   #9
Tim Cole
I thought the same thing...

but it appears that the body of the snake is actually resting on the shelves.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:09 PM   #10
SCReptiles
Alexander J. Nevgloski Jr., If you are familiar with me, you will know, one of my favorite expressions is “do your research before you post, otherwise you make yourself look foolish.” And never has that been more appropriate then now. =)

Quote:
Professor of what? Does a BS in biology really qualify you for being a professor?
Two ignorant statements all tied up in one sentence. Wow, that might be some type of record. My Bachelor of Science degree is in Education, not biology. And no, a BS degree does not qualify you as a professor. The root of the word simply means, one who professes. So, if you have ever professed, you could call yourself, Professor Alexander J. Nevgloski Jr. and it would tactically be correct, even though you are professing ignorance. The more contemporary definition of professor is a teacher. Thus my degree in education, coupled with the classes I have lectured in primary school, middle school, high school, college, and adult education would qualify me as a professor by the basic definition and the contemporary meaning. And I suppose one should also factor in, I am the herpetologist at the Chattanooga Nature Center, where I conduct classes on a regular basis.

Quote:
And another thing, holding a snake of that size by the tail is as stupid as calling yourself a professor.
I am not sure as to your skill level of handling, so it would probably be stupid for you to try it, however, as long as you hold the animal in front of the vent, there is no problem with holding a cotton mouth by the tail.

Quote:
I doubt Dr. Schuett, a real professor, looks at you as an equal.
Do you know Gordon? But before I say anything else, let it be known in my opinion, I do not consider myself an equal to Gordon. I do not consider Gordon to have an equal. He has dedicated his life to the study of North American Pit Vipers. All the way from his education to his career, and he is the world’s foremost pit viper authority. Ok, that being said, tell me genius, who is this standing beside me in my snake lab? Yes, the name you choose to throw around is a friend of mine. He has used my snakes for his DNA research and he has always trusted my handling. As a matter of fact, he prefers I work the snakes and he simply pull the DNA when I have secured them in a tub. So, as it seems, he trusts me with his life! At this point revert back to “do your research before you post, otherwise you make yourself look foolish.”

Quote:
Jesus Christ, some people just can't help themselves.
A very true statement, and you sir, are one of these people. I have never heard of you and I have no idea why you have an issue with me. I am guessing you would like to make a name for yourself and you think being belligerent to me is a good place to start. You should probably pick someone not willing to take the time to point out your stupidity in public.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!