Bad Guy James Brown from MN - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
woodarmn
Thumbs down James Brown from MN

Hi, my name is Ashlei Wood and I'm warning you NOT to do ANY dealings with JAMES BROWN from WOODBURY (SAINT PAUL), MN.

I had recently been searching to acquire a pied ball python and James had conveniently listed one up on CL (not my first choice of websites to look for pets, but his price was ridiculously cheap). Upon first inspection of the snake, I found nothing wrong. However, less than a week later it was showing severe symptoms of Respiratory issues. Fortunately, I was able to get the snake to a vet and get him all fixed up.

I have heard from other local reptile enthusiasts that they either know someone or have had personal dealings with this guy and they have NOTHING good to say about the health of his animals. I have only seen him post on Craigslist, but he appears to be a flipper/breeder of snakes and the health of them is mediocre at best.

I mostly feel bad for the animals, but it is just nasty to knowingly sell a sick snake to someone without informing them.

If you have any other feedback or screenshots of conversations with this guy, please share!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
hhmoore
Talk about trying to ride the line of the rule against anonymous third party quotation. If you want to use what you have heard from other local reptile enthusiasts, identify them (by name). If not, don't bring it up.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
woodarmn
I apologize, but they didn't allow me to use their names for fear of retaliation from James and his friends. I just wanted to share that I'm not the only MN snake lover that has had bad experiences with him. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Talk about trying to ride the line of the rule against anonymous third party quotation. If you want to use what you have heard from other local reptile enthusiasts, identify them (by name). If not, don't bring it up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, health issue, python, snake