Eastern NC Herping - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
PitbullandPythons
Eastern NC Herping

HI there
Anyone been herping lately in Eastern NC? I live in Emerald Isle and haven't had much time for herping this year (kick a$$ new job) but i was wondering if anyone has found anything cool. Also things are slowing down a bit at work and after Sept 9th i will have more time to devote to herping. I know a few good spots and if someone is looking for a herping partner in the JAcksonville, Cape Carteret, or Morehead City area let me know. I'll be ready.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
jhenney
Hey Pitbull,
I went out a few times and so far I have only seen a 4ft Timber/Canebrake Rattler, a juvenile Copperhead and yesterday I stumbled across a baby Eastern Hognose snake that I almost stepped on. It had the redish color phase and really cool. I live in Havelock, NC and would be interested in some herping whenever we can get our schedules to match up. Keep me in mind, names Jeff.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
jhenney
Went out tonight for short herping trip with the kids after they got home from long weekend at their mothers house. Found this little guy right before dark on dirt road in craven county. Only got a few pictures due to trying to get video as well. Didn't turn out too bad for first try at getting pictures. I am sure I will get better with time and more opportunities. Not sure if the picture is going to post. Guess I do not know what I am doing. Suggestions?

Old 09-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
jhenney
picture upload problems

I figured out my image size was too big but I still can't get it to show up when I preview the message I am typing. I thought I would show up inside my message but I have no idea where my image is going after I successfully upload it. Anyone care to offer some suggestions to a newby?
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
jhenney
Nevermind....last time tried to put picture before typing message and this time I typed message and then posted picture and it took it. Enjoy!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #6
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Sweet looking Copperhead Jeff, keep them pics coming.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
PitbullandPythons
Just got back into town

Hi Jeff,
Sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. I was in Saint louis for a friends wedding. But we definitely need to go herping soon. Sounds like you've had som nice outings lately. Lets keep in touch.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #8
PitbullandPythons
Went out yesterday...

Didn't see much but it was really a nice day. Probably too warm though when i went out. But maybe next time i'll find some more.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #9
PitbullandPythons
Ohh and then there was this, wierd huh? Totally empty.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 AM   #10
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Not wierd at all Jason, you could have stumbled upon a box turtle graveyard. did you see any other empty shells around?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!