Wanted Female Russian Tortoises - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 03-27-2024, 10:22 AM   #1
DoubleD1996
Female Russian Tortoises

I have a small sanctuary and have been taking in russina torts for a few years now.

Males tend to be more common than females. The delimma is having to seperate them, and building an enclosure exclusive to them, during to their agression.

I'd like to have a creep in harmony, but the males outnumber the females.(×5)

I would like to get at least six females to somewhat balance out my ratios.

I know nothing in life is free, but I'm not looking to purchase. If your tort needs a good home, let me know.

Regarding care, I keep my tortoises as naturally as possible. They stay outdoors in naturalistic pens, with a wide variety of vegetation and weeds that I sow seasonally.

Some of those being, but not limited to, dandelion, thistle, bitter dock, clover, lavender, etc. They also enjoy munching on the grass.

The pin is located on an elevated area of my yard. The substrate is a mixture of sand and dirt from the yard, so their is easy drainage. There are logs, rocks, etc. Used for coverage from the sun, but also visual barriers.

The bottom perimeter is reinforced with layers of stone and dirt, and tile buried to prevent digging.

During winter, usually November, all the torts go into a house with mulch and leaves. Rather than letting them brumate in the pen they go in there, as our winters are hit and miss with the rain and their deep burrows.

Ed

Email:eddiecollins794@yahoo.com
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
iso, tortoise