Eastern Box Turtle BREEDING PAIRS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #11
skycock
Bill Allens a.k.a. Kyle Mill...is there something in the fauna guidelines that prevents people from posting under false names? Just curious---
Trey
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #12
crazybandit3
Yeah, acctually there is, lol, but hey what can i say old account did not really want to make a new one, so instead i just put my email address, and people who email me know me by my name, but since Trey everone wants me to make a new account i guess i will have to make a new account so Trey is a happy camper,

Old 05-14-2006, 03:05 AM   #13
ryalan
question

if those turtles were captive breed... where is the problem..??
Those CB turtles don't have nothing to do with wild ones... if the guy would be offering wild collected... that could be other case... but if he is breeding them I don't see any problem

that is my opinion

regards

Raul

Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 AM   #14
ELAINE BONGIORNI
Question do u have any Eastern box turtles left?

i am looking for eastern box turtles. do you have any left?
if so please contact me with purchase info.
i am very anxious to hear from you.
thank you in advance.
Elaine bongiorni :scatter:
Elle1101NYC@AOL.com

Old 06-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #15
jkrose
Trey it's Keith, umm well I guess you can tell the people inquiring about the wild populations to call me aswell because of all the turtles I give you 100 percent of them are from areas being developed for things like Walmart and Lowes. To prove that this kills the turtle populations I placed transmitters on 2 dozen turtles last year and this year found the strongest signals from underneath the parking lot of the new walmart in Charleston. The only way we can conserve any population of any species is for the most destructive species Homo sapien to stop breeding and needing to buy things from Walmart and Lowes. Tell that guy to take up his issues with those corporations that actually hurt the box turtle populations.
Keith Rose 843-824-6609

Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #16
turtles1
well if u think about it all of the turtle that u buy are really wild turtles becasue they didnt start out in peoples hands people put them in there so really ucant yell at them for taking the turtles u can only yell at them for taking too many. BTW i have 1 eastern boxie that some1 of my family friends got him off the road after 2 cars swerved to not hit him and my family friend person went and picked him and i have him in a nice place outside where he eats regularly an never showed signs of being skiddish or sick yet. so just take what i said into consideration. thanks

Old 06-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #17
Millerlite009
It all depends really does, if the place is developing and the turtle is in harms way, it might be better to pick them up, But for people who are intrested in buying them, It would be better if you keep them outdoors, Wild cought can have problems living indoors, or moving indoors not saying its impossible, just saying it would be easier if you kept them outdoors.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #18
bubbarx
Give the guy a break, bottom line is he cares about the turtles.

After reading these posts it does begin to make you think. Here in NJ it is illegal to catch boxies. They (the powers that be) say people removing them from their natural habitats are the reason for the demise of the species (and as the owner of a few CB's, I do agree. As turtles routinely live for decades, once the novelty wears off, most of these turtles are probably doomed).

Anyway, the above may be true in a stabile 'natural habitat', but as one who spent much time in Southern NJ, much of the habitat that I grew up with has now become houses, Kmart, Walmarts's etc, and what is left, as anyone in NJ knows, is rapidly being depleted.

I'm sure there are acres and acres of Pine Barrens left out there, but if they are going to have laws protecting the species, doesn't it make sense to inlcude new development. Or does the care factor only kick in when money is not involved?

Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #19
herpsunlimited
Box Turtles Habitat Destruction And Wc For Sale!!!!

Hey TREY this is Carlos. I bought the star pair from you. Just wanted to give my 2 cents worth on this subject. First of all, people come to this site to buy animals not criticize how they were aquired. I currently live in Louisiana where the box turtle was hunted for food, and it shows here! I have also lived in Kentucky and North Carolona, where in most places box turtles are thicker than people! I am in my 30's now and I see as many box turtles in those areas on the road after a rain as i did when i was a kid. Catching and keeping a box turtle that is crossing the road, which some people swerve to hit on purpose is not killing out the species, one should consider pollution and habitat destruction. Due to the amount of Wild Caught Boxies in captivity, there is an abundance of Box Turtle Babies"CB" for people to purchase. If you want to protect box turtles and other fauna stop driving your cars, and shopping at businesses! However we know this is not feasible, so over time populations will continue to decrease, however in areas that are not developed and pollution is not rampant box turtles and other species will continue to thrive. The problem isnt people on here selling them, it is our civilazation growing and running out of space. :scatter: One more point is with more and more people giving box turtles good homes, and universities, our kids grow up to have a better appreciation and outlook on species such as the box turtle. I have yet to see decline in any unpopulated area that is free of pollution. Also do people understand how seclusive a box turtle is? Alot of their time is spent burrowed with only their head sticking out of the ground! Babies stay under the leaf litter and thick vegitation, you could search an acrea over for 20 days and might not find a single box turtle, yet they might be 10 living there! I have a beautiful outside box turtle garden and they are happy , they do not have to struggle for food, or worry about predators, they will not be hit by a car! Seems like a pretty good life to me!

Old 06-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #20
willows chelle
Grrrrr Walmart!

transmitters transmitting from under a walmart parking lot?
is that for real?
that breaks my heart, and really really pissed me off!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread