CB Raised Tortoise & Eggs available - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
jordyn*alexa
how much for a hatchling leopard tortoise ?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
jozzep
Can someone post some feedback instead of these scamming "innuendo's"?
Is this legit? I find it hard to believe you will receive viable tortoise eggs being that they can't be rotated during shipping.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
GBtortoises
Find out-contact the seller, ask for personal contact information, ask to see photos of their adult breeders, their hatchlings & their facilities. Ask for the prices (guess what, they are unbelievably LOW!). I know because I have asked for the above. The photos were stolen from other people, one scammer even sent me a photo of one of my own Marginated tortoises that I posted on another site! The names are fake, the addresses look legitimate until you dig further and find out that the address given is actually another business with nothing to do with reptiles and once you start pressing the issue the seller either stops replying or has an "excuse" why they cannot provide some of the requested information or the animals have all been sold already. One of my two favorites was the guy who was dying of cancer and just wanted someone to take his animals from him, for a price of course. I even had two supposed nuns from Georgia selling tortoises that belonged to their dear departed father and they just wanted to see the animals go to good homes (bless their souls). Guess what? They sent me a fake address and of course since they were nuns they had no phone number!
And no, you can't ship viable tortoise or turtle eggs and not suffocate the embryo from being bounced around, turned, dropped and worse. Tortoise and turtle embryo develop on top of the yolk sac, in the top half of the egg. If you turn it too far the embryo dies.

My suggestion to anyone that doesn't think it's a scam is to contact the "seller" and see what you get. Let me know how that works out for you.

More and more scammers are using these boards to attempt to rip people off on a weekly basis.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #14
jozzep
Thanks GBTortoise. That's much better. Now we know exactly what we're looking at, and won't even waste our time.
I saw an add once selling FRT eggs for $200 each lol.That made me laugh.
Is there a way to report the ad so the mods will delete it?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #15
GBtortoises
There are so many good, reputable breeders and dealers out there selling quality animals. Yes, sometimes they might be a little more money, but cheapest isn't always best, especially when you're dealing with live animals.

Admittedly, I'm biased being a long time (25 years) tortoise breeder, but I encourage people to buy from a reputable breeder that really care about their offspring and can provide experienced care information, a history of their offspring and will almost always answer any and all questions and provide references if asked.

GB

Old 10-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
jozzep
I agree, but i'm always seeking the best ratio of quality and price. I have 3 breeders i always do business with and the 3 important things are price, quality of shipping, and health of the turtle, and I always require a receipt for permit purposes.
I've been a long time keeper, and this is my first year breeding and selling, and all my customers are happy and coming back for more.
On another note, i think we should let this thread go, cause we're keeping on bumping it to the top

Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #17
kajohnsn
red foot tortoise

I wanted to see about red foot tortoise. Price for babies or juveniles - would like a pair. LIve in California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papageien View Post
We are strive to produce the very best captive-bred tortoises available anywhere.All the tortoises on this price list were captive hatched and we guarantee 100% satisfaction.We do shipping any where in the world ( at buyer's expense.Hatchlings & Adults available.We are also viable to supply their eggs,fresh laid and guaranteed hatching.

-Ivory Tortoises
-African Spurred Tortoise
-Leopard Tortoise
-Elongated Tortoise
-Red-Foot Tortoise
-Marginated Tortoise
-Hermann's Tortoise
-Bell's Hinge-Back Tortoise
-African Spurred Tortoise
-Indian Star Tortoise.
Contact Susan: slkjungle@aol.com

Old 06-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #18
Blacky
well well sheilaaa or who ever you are???????????? You took my money and are trying to take others with your scam. I promise you this i will find you and the police will be behind me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you out there dont be stupid like me c.k or catherine kimball or going by email of ckgoldensky@yahoo.com SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM GET A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread