Eastern Box Turtle BREEDING PAIRS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
skycock
Eastern Box Turtle BREEDING PAIRS

They have started. It's been hot and their biological clocks are in overdrive. Pairs available-will not sell lone females. Pair pricing starting at 200.00 shipped. Not bad when you figure each female should lay at least 4 eggs this year. At 50.00 per baby-that is your return right their! Great opportunity to get your eastern boxie group started. All fat and healthy-feeding great on worms, crickets, and fruits-mostly red/orange colored items. We have several pairs available-starting at 200.00 shipped and more for the higher quality males matched with the largest highest quality females. Contact Trey asap for these-we move them out FAST! CALL ME IF INTERESTED
Trey
www.fullspectrumreptiles.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #2
JEREMY30LTOWN
People like you are the reason wild box turtles are in danger

Wild caught box turtles such as yours should be left in the wild.They have a home range and when removed will search in vain for thier home terrotory.They are not happy in enclosures and usually die within thier first year.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
skycock
You are so kowledgeable on the subject-tell me how I am still buying babies twice a year from people I sold pairs too 3+ years ago. I guess deceased animals reproduce well in captivity. Your opinions are your opinions-take them to the BOI or call me with them.
Trey
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
crestedcrazy
Hey Trey,
The pair i got from you are doing awesome and breeding like crazy. I guess they could breed themselves to death in the first yr.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
JEREMY30LTOWN
All I am saying is that if you remove wild box turtles from the wild at that rate there won't be any wild box turtle population left.There are enough CB boxies around that you don't need to disturb the wild ones.This is why the population is declining in many states.It's called coservation.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
crazybandit3
Yeah, people need to stop buying WC turtles, You can find alomost any adult box turtle thats been captured and adopt it, instead of buying, if people would just stop taking out of the wild, they the "box turtle" might acctually be around in 20 years.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #7
skycock
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybandit3
Yeah, people need to stop buying WC turtles, You can find alomost any adult box turtle thats been captured and adopt it, instead of buying, if people would just stop taking out of the wild, they the "box turtle" might acctually be around in 20 years.
A worldly scholar huh? If you have a problem with people getting turtles from out of the wild-then what are you stating with your argument above? If an adult turtle is adopted, is it not first taken out of the wild? If it is put up for adoption, is it not first neglected? As I have stated many times, we do not hunt for box turtles. We find them crossing roads and we pick them up. Other people find them crossing roads and bring them to us. If you people would come to our state and see the amount of dead box turtles on the highways you would be picking them up too. Let's be a little open minded here. Until selling box turtles is against the law in my state-I will continue to do so for the welfare of the turtles. I believe I have more people on my side of the issue-if this is going to be a long drawn-out argument, just post on the BOI and let me know.
God Bless
Trey
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #8
crestedcrazy
I don't know about where you live but box turtles aren't going to survive much longer in my area due to habit loss. I just went to one of my favorite spots and it is almost completely developed into subdivisions now. I'm sure that is the case almost everywhere so I don't see a problem with potentially DOR turtles being collected for breeding purposes. If you collect some adults to breed selling the babies takes stress of wild populations collected for the pet trade and nine times out of ten people will take captive bred over wild caughts. If I could find cb easterns I would buy them in a heartbeat. If you know anybody selling cb easterns let me know. Chris

Old 05-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #9
skycock
I agree. People need to realize that the excuse: "human overcollecting is demenishing to wild populations of turtles" is just a load of crap that the state's Department of Natural Resources (or whatever else they call themselves) uses to cover its tail. Last year, in West Ashley, South Carolina-near Charleston, they- as in the SCDNR, somehow ok-ed the destruction of probably a 2 football field sized area of black bog swampland to stick in a Wal-Mart. In this area-we found many species of rare orchids supposedly protected by our state as well as untouched animal life. When we told our state about this-it is like it went in one ear and out the other. When an area is destructed for the purpose of building, they put up what is called a drift fence-which is nothing more than a black plastic-fabric fence whch keepsn rain from washing away trash and debris. What this also does is keeps the animals out or in---when a box turtle encounters one of these fences, it can either go left or right. Ultimately, every drift fence leads to a road which is where the turtles end up. If you could have seen the amount of dead turtles as a result of their habitat being COMPLETELY destroyed, you would start picking them up as well. For every one who thinks a turtle in captivity will not survive outside of its natural habitat, I ask you this: What if their habitat is destroyed? What if their feeding and breeding grounds are now under isle 7 of a Wal-Mart? Do you still think they should be left on the roads? Well, we moved them, all of them we found alive. They are now in an area surrounded by fast water that contains a woodland, a swamp, and open fields full of life, food, everything they need. Not quite as large as the area that was destroyed, but large enough to keep them happy and protected from any cars. Me and a buddy of mine between the two of us saved more turtles from that one area OFF OF THE ROADS ONLY than I care to disclose which is more than the DNR has ever done or probably will ever do. So please, do not talk to me like I have an aim to destroy populations of turtles. Not until you have walked in my shoes.
Trey
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
crazybandit3
Well this is what im against, because there are many people who do hunt for turtles and thats what im mostly against, im am not against habitat lost, and or people who save the turtles, but the people who just take them out of the wild just because they are in the wild and they dont fight back, thats what i really ment, i was not siting anyone out, but just letting people who do live where box turtles are free roaming to not take them out of the wild, unless they are really endangered.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread