Tomorrow is DAY 40 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
SPJ
Tomorrow is DAY 40

She is very uncomfortable and swollen and past due to lay. I worried last season at 37 days (of course I also had one that caught me off guard by laying at 29 days) and she is past that and doesn't look like she will drop any day soon.
How long was the longest you had a girl go and when would you say it's time for a vet visit to make sure she isn't eggbound?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I don't know when to do a vet visit~ but in 07 Anna went 63 days from POS to laying 8 good eggs. She didn't breed in 08. Right now she is gravid~ POS was 2-23............I'm guessing eggs close to the end of this month~ she LOOKS ready to me~ I can FEEL and COUNT the eggs (at least 6 this time) but she could go much longer based on her history!

Good luck with yours!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
SPJ
63 days!

I can not only count the eggs in this girl but actually see the shape and slight indentation between each one.

So far I have counted 8 in her.

Figures. The first time I actually have the incubator set up and timing goes to hell. Maybe I'll turn it off. That should cause her to lay them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!