Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - Page 74 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #731
rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
After reading this entire thread, I agree. Jerry would never have paid Stu, but he would likely have tried to negotiate some sort of replacement for the sick Zonatas. Problem is, Mr. Kruse's entire collection may be suspect now. He has paid a terrific price. Not referring to the $3,100. I am referring to the loss of future customers, whether he deserves it or not, his reputation is gone.
His entire collection? Maybe if it's zd and proven. Otherwise no.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #732
tim brophy
It is perception more than reality. After reading this dissertation length thread, it is in peoples' heads that zonata disease is associated with Jerry Kruse's snakes. I would imagine Jerry would have resolved this issue by refunding the money several weeks ago if he had a "do-over". As it is now, even his most ardent supporters would have reservations against even gifted snakes from his collection.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #733
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
It is perception more than reality. After reading this dissertation length thread, it is in peoples' heads that zonata disease is associated with Jerry Kruse's snakes. I would imagine Jerry would have resolved this issue by refunding the money several weeks ago if he had a "do-over". As it is now, even his most ardent supporters would have reservations against even gifted snakes from his collection.
Perception is everything in marketing. There are companies that deal exclusively with PR and perception, and one central idea is to try to develop a plan prior to business issues or a disaster that will immediately address the customer's issues.
Can you plan for everything? Of course not. But you can plan for a lot, and in the reptile biz you can certainly plan for critter illness, and how to protect your brand (biz name or reputation) by creating a map ahead of time of how to handle likely issues before they arise.
Those who are successful have a strong plan, take immediate action to help their customers, and by the time they are asked have a list to show of what they have done to make good.
Those who have no plan are left floundering; and when asked, make excuses and invent explanations, and try to change negative opinion already formed, very difficult.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #734
tim brophy
Yes, throughout the entire thread Jerry has been reactive instead of proactive. When it is all over, he will be out the $3,100 anyway. I hope he is willing to share information on the zonata which Stu returned and give an honest appraisal of their progress. Nothing has been posted recently on the status of those snakes.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #735
joecop
If someone chooses to keep zonata then this (zd) is a real posibilty that will have to be considered. Always has been though, just not everyone knew about it. As I stated in an earlier post, I would bet that this brings the price of zonata down quite a bit, and it should. I don't think Jerry's entire collection has zonata at all. I think ALL zonata collections have the posibility of having zd, and hopefully one day we will know what causes the disease/virus/ whatever it is, to flare up. The way this was handled, as well as MANY other things Jerry has done would be of more concern to me if I were a potential customer.

Joe

Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #736
tim brophy
Yes, I agree regarding the price coming down. I hate to lose any snake to disease, but it is easier to absorb the loss of a $50 snake than a $500 snake. If I ever keep mountain kings, I would opt for pyromelana. Interesting that they do not exhibit zd symptoms.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #737
MesozoicReptiles
LOL! Good ol' Jerry and his pure snakes.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #738
Snake-Queen
It is now April 13th, I am curious to know if the check has been cashed/deposited. Stu, please let us know when it clears.

As for the snakes, Jerry how are they? How are the rest of the litter mates?

I have read this through, with the information provided, I doubt I would risk owning zonata, it would break my heart to see a snake go through that.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #739
StuTennyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
It is now April 13th, I am curious to know if the check has been cashed/deposited. Stu, please let us know when it clears.

As for the snakes, Jerry how are they? How are the rest of the litter mates?

I have read this through, with the information provided, I doubt I would risk owning zonata, it would break my heart to see a snake go through that.
I have deposited the check and will post once it clears.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #740
StuTennyson
Just checked my bank and the last check cleared! Finally over. Thanks to everyone that participated in a positive way and to this forum. The End.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!