Bad start to the season - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
phoenix-cry
Bad start to the season

I know most people are hatching right now...but this is the time of year that my girls are always deciding to lay their eggs. I have five gravid gals all due to go in the next week to two weeks.

Sadly my dinker to harlequin slugged out. Sigh. She laid two 'good' looking eggs, but they have really weak veins. I put them in the incubator just in case. She was a good 1400 gram gal, and had a nice huge ovulation, everything looked good until she laid.

So now I'm on pins and needles waiting for the rest!!

Pied x fire ph pied

Mojave ph pied x pied

Pastel x fire ph pied x spinner

Normal x pastel het red ax

Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Randy F
I'm right there with you Lauren. All mine usually lay during the summer and hatch August to September. I just had my first clutch of 12 eggs from a axanthic spider to proven het axanthic and they were all infertile. I knew he was on the small side but that's the price we pay sometimes trying to breed a male yearling. Just because they hit the magic number that tell you a female would have a year or so more, we try and breed them sometimes. I hope you have all the rest of your clutches with good odds.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
phoenix-cry
I'm not sure what went wrong here, my harlequin boy was 800 plus grams...but you just never know what goes wrong sometimes!

I'm glad I'm not the only one twiddling thumbs waiting on eggs!

Sorry to hear about the infertile clutch! Arrrggghhh.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-cry View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one twiddling thumbs waiting on eggs!
Yeah checking on about 30 females daily!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
phoenix-cry
Heehee! Wow! That's a lot of gals.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
Randy F
Yeah we thought we would have between 80-100 clutches but it is now about 45-55. Really waiting on about 15 of them waiting and hoping for greatness! And cutting down the collection by at least 60-70 snakes this year besides hatchlings.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
phoenix-cry
I'm trying to cut down on my collection by two snakes and I can't seem to sell them even at silly low prices and they are great breeders!! Multi gene dudes! Sigh.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
Yeah we thought we would have between 80-100 clutches but it is now about 45-55. Really waiting on about 15 of them waiting and hoping for greatness! And cutting down the collection by at least 60-70 snakes this year besides hatchlings.
Go big or go home.

Good luck to both of you and sorry about the sluggers.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:52 PM   #9
phoenix-cry
And here I thought the whole 'go big or go home' was only for tattoos!!!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
Randy F
I went big on both accounts......but I guess I just had to match other things

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!